ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Scoobysport - do they still exist and in what form? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/717842-scoobysport-do-they-still-exist-and-in-what-form.html)

bigvern 11 October 2008 08:24 AM

Scoobysport - do they still exist and in what form?

Scoobysport seemed to be quite a name a few years ago but what has happened since. Their website is meaningless so whats the score?

Butty 11 October 2008 08:35 AM

SS was re-invented by a former SN owner some years ago, but never really got off the ground.
I seem to remember that many ground breaking bits of kit were "in the pipeline" but have never materialised.

I see the website has changed and looks like the co. is touting for a buyer?

nick

StickyMicky 11 October 2008 10:01 AM

never seen anything from them apart from an exhaust system

i assumed the business had failed?

as said above, we were suppose to see lots of "wrc tech" for the road type stuff (soon and very exciting!!), but it never happened

ex-webby 11 October 2008 11:32 AM

Hi Guys

Yeah, I have to hold my hand up to that. We had some great things in the pipeline, but had a remarkably unlucky chain of issues with suppliers.

I became too busy with other projects and had to can the stuff we were working on.

The exhaust systems were very successful, and on the quiet, I'm currently looking at a new range - but I'll only do this if I can find the absolute perfect manufacture quality, and efficiency, as this caused big problems in the past, letting customers down on delivery, etc.

I'd be very interested in the mean time what products you guys think have the highest demand.

chrisUK300 11 October 2008 12:03 PM

slightly off topic, ive got some old receipts from scoobysport with my car for a scoobysports uppipe and downpipe fitting. I can see the uppipe is cat-less but the downpipe looks like a standard one, certainly has a cat anyway :wonder:

Did scoobysport do a downpipe with a high flow cat? If so did the standard heatshields fit on it? Im thinking a standard one has been put on its place but dont wanna splash out on a sports cat if I already have one

ex-webby 11 October 2008 12:27 PM

I'd get that checked out properly, as it sounds like its a standard one.

We developed a sports cat downpipe and had final prototypes, but it was never released. (unless this was the old scoobysport from 5 years ago or more?)

Turbovin 13 October 2008 02:23 AM

Do you know anything about the front brake kits that Scoobysport sold? I have a STI Type R which was imported from England. I have a receipt from october 2000 for a 305mm AP/Brembo 4 pot brake kit from Scoobysport.

I'm having some problems with my left caliper and also could use some new discs and pads but I'm not sure which ones would fit. I don't find anything when searching for the AP Racing article number.

Thanks from Sweden :)

chrisUK300 13 October 2008 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 8191662)
I'd get that checked out properly, as it sounds like its a standard one.

We developed a sports cat downpipe and had final prototypes, but it was never released. (unless this was the old scoobysport from 5 years ago or more?)

the receipt was from circa 2003 i think. Ill get it looked at next time it goes in for a service