ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Modifying: Just How Far? (Poll Included) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/717524-modifying-just-how-far-poll-included.html)

psigeek 09 October 2008 02:31 PM

Modifying: Just How Far? (Poll Included)

Most here seem to be into some form of modification - we're talking cars here. My thoughts are at what point when modifying does the vehicle cease to be what it's badged as?

At what point does an Impreza not be an Impreza anymore?

edit: For the record, mine is modified.

HT04 09 October 2008 02:33 PM

its your car, so do whatever you want. as long as you like it then thats all that matters. thats the good thing with modifying. check out view my scooby. got more bits coming tomorrow aswell. :)

stevebt 09 October 2008 04:53 PM

I think you always go over the top when you start modifying, I personally think it would be better if you just had a remap and enjoyed the car :D Once you start adding bigger turbos its just never quick enough :D:D I'm pleased I never got bitten with the modding bug :D

B0DSKI 09 October 2008 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 8188023)
I think you always go over the top when you start modifying, I personally think it would be better if you just had a remap and enjoyed the car :D Once you start adding bigger turbos its just never quick enough :D:D I'm pleased I never got bitten with the modding bug :D

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

jonny_693 09 October 2008 04:58 PM

Its allways going to be an impreza if thats what it started off as. Best to stick to O.E style body mods and interior, anything else is fair game really as long as it werent bought from ripspeed.

wiley 09 October 2008 04:59 PM

mine hasnt got any subaru badges any more, might put original grill back on

wiley

HT04 09 October 2008 05:01 PM

its upto you. your the owner of the car. if you want it covered in stickers, do it. if you want it to run 500bhp do it. it doesnt matter what others think. as long as whenever you see it, it makes you smile. :)

chocolate_o_brian 09 October 2008 05:04 PM

I voted no. 4. A Scoob is a scoob imho if it looks like it from the outside.

So you only ruin it once you add bodykits made from cereal boxes. As long as it has that burble it has the Subaru soul to it.

phil84 09 October 2008 05:06 PM

I think a lot of modifiers aim to transform the look of their car no matter what:cuckoo: .

I personally like the look of the impreza to start with and am looking to just enhance it.

After all thats why I bought 1 in the 1st place:D :D :D :D :D :D

psigeek 09 October 2008 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8188041)
I voted no. 4. A Scoob is a scoob imho if it looks like it from the outside.

So you only ruin it once you add bodykits made from cereal boxes. As long as it has that burble it has the Subaru soul to it.

Amen to that :notworthy

Mikkel 09 October 2008 09:46 PM

I don't modify my cars, I customise them... or that's how I prefer to see it anyway :)

I would say it is no longer an Impreza when it cannot be instantly recognised as such.

Engine modifications are slightly trickier to classify... I mean if someone puts a Reliant Robin engine in an Impreza is it still an Impreza? The same applies to totally changing the engine into something more powerful of course.