ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Goverments mad drugs policy! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/717197-goverments-mad-drugs-policy.html)

GC8WRX 07 October 2008 10:10 PM

Goverments mad drugs policy!

I smoke weed.

Round my way there is a problem.

All the weed dealers are getting busted.

Yet known heroin dealers are not even visited.

There are two well known heroin dealers in my town, one sells crack and coke as well.
Both operate from well known houses, have families and can be seen outside the job centre most days selling to other dolies!

Its become almost impossible to get a quarter of nice green, but its easier than ever to get a gram of charlie, you can even have it on tick till payday!

My point is that surely the coke and smack dealers represent way more of a problem that a couple of working people, who have normal lives, that just happen to sell a bit of bud?

Our governments and police's policies are fcuked up!

I need a smoke:lol1:

what would scooby do 07 October 2008 10:21 PM

You need serious money to bribe the cops to leave you alone ;)

Richiehash 07 October 2008 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8183680)
I smoke weed.

There are two well known heroin dealers in my town, one sells crack and coke as well.
Both operate from well known houses, have families and can be seen outside the job centre most days selling to other dolies!

Its become almost impossible to get a quarter of nice green, but its easier than ever to get a gram of charlie, you can even have it on tick till payday!

My point is that surely the coke and smack dealers represent way more of a problem that a couple of working people, who have normal lives, that just happen to sell a bit of bud?

lol i know what you mean-in my local village(10-12k population) you could get high purity heroin easier than you could get hold of a few j's worth of half tidy green, possibly cheaper as well,unfortunately given the publicity given to each. Its more viable for mr plod(generic term) to make an arrest for green rather than it is for anything else regardless of the bigger picture due to the arrest/conviction figures ie a guy with a joint will plead guilty but a scag head with a gram of heroin wont.
cheers richie

richs2891 07 October 2008 10:51 PM

So why are you surprised with this policy ?
- its just the same policy that is applied to the motorist - go for the easy no effort offenses that simply make the figures look good - all without actually resolving any problems.

Richard

Odds on 08 October 2008 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8183680)
I smoke weed.

Shocking. I can't believe it. The Police nicking people for selling illegal stuff, but not others is just not fair.

I'd go to your MP. Stamp your feet and admit to breaking the law.

:rolleyes: :cuckoo:

Lisawrx 08 October 2008 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Odds on (Post 8183938)
Shocking. I can't believe it. The Police nicking people for selling illegal stuff, but not others is just not fair.

I'd go to your MP. Stamp your feet and admit to breaking the law.

:rolleyes: :cuckoo:

:lol1:

Maybe the issue here could be, leave the 'hard' drug takers alone to a point to catch the bigger fish, whilst happily still doing the little fish, if you get my meaning.

Despite my own personal opinions, the fact is any drug taking of this type, is illegal, and all open to 'getting told off', why some are allowed and others are not is strange, but my explaination may not be too far from the truth.

ScoobyWon't 08 October 2008 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 8183984)

Maybe the issue here could be, leave the 'hard' drug takers alone to a point to catch the bigger fish, whilst happily still doing the little fish, if you get my meaning.

Despite my own personal opinions, the fact is any drug taking of this type, is illegal, and all open to 'getting told off', why some are allowed and others are not is strange, but my explaination may not be too far from the truth.

What? :confused:

Sorry, I didn't bother reading your explanation :p

Odds on 08 October 2008 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 8183984)

You know what your talking about. ;)

I still think that posting on the internet that "I smoke weed", is hilarious. :lol1:

So well meant, but so f**king stupid. :freak3:

Lisawrx 08 October 2008 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Odds on (Post 8183992)
You know what your talking about. ;)

I still think that posting on the internet that "I smoke weed", is hilarious. :lol1:

So well meant, but so f**king stupid. :freak3:

I don't take drugs... well other than those I'm prescribed and drink and tabs, but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at.

SW, I know I go on, but it may not be totally untrue. I don't blame you for not reading though. ;)

Odds on 08 October 2008 01:04 AM

Lisa, maybe I should have made that 2 seperate posts.

The "you know what your talking about" was a reply to you. :)

The "I still think that posting on the internet that "I smoke weed", is hilarious.

So well meant, but so f**king stupid"
was aimed at the numbnut who started the thread. ;)

Lisawrx 08 October 2008 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Odds on (Post 8184020)
Lisa, maybe I should have made that 2 seperate posts.

The "you know what your talking about" was a reply to you. :)

The "I still think that posting on the internet that "I smoke weed", is hilarious.

So well meant, but so f**king stupid"
was aimed at the numbnut who started the thread. ;)

I think I sort of got it, but missed the point a bit, sorry. Just thought it best to explain myslef. :)

Don't think I'm thick, I'm just slow on the up take :o

Odds on 08 October 2008 01:09 AM

:thumb:

ScoobyWon't 08 October 2008 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 8184009)
I don't take drugs... well other than those I'm prescribed and drink and tabs, but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at.

SW, I know I go on, but it may not be totally untrue. I don't blame you for not reading though. ;)

Did you say something? :confused:

;):p

Lisawrx 08 October 2008 01:17 AM

Ha bloody ha ;) :D

ScoobyWon't 08 October 2008 01:22 AM

:D

So what is your own personal opinion? Not that it's important to me as I'm going to bed now :p

Alone.

Again :(

Stop taking the piss *cries*

:p :lol1:

Lisawrx 08 October 2008 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 8184037)
:D

So what is your own personal opinion? Not that it's important to me as I'm going to bed now :p

Alone.

Again :(

Stop taking the piss *cries*

:p :lol1:

That's a conversation for another time, if you even care, I'm off to bed too. :)

At least going to bed alone, you can't get kicked out, it's your space. :)

Tam the bam 08 October 2008 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 8184009)
I don't take drugs... well other than those I'm prescribed and drink and tabs,

Tabs :lol1: First time I worked in Wallsend a lass came up to me and asked for a 'tab' I said 'sorry I don't do drugs' and walked away from her, I later found out a 'tab' is a ciggy in that part of the world, had I known this at the time, I'd have given her one possibly two! :thumb: :lol1:

Jamie 08 October 2008 07:46 AM

GC8WRX if you like weed/pot why don't you grow your own ?

btw kids i do not recommend this!

chocolate_o_brian 08 October 2008 07:51 AM

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...dSilentBob.jpg

Leslie 08 October 2008 11:34 AM

I heard that they were recommending that Cannabis should changed to Class A because modern Skunk is so strong compared with the original that it affects the brain adversely and can cause schizophrenia. It also can encourage people to move on to class A drugs of course.

Thats probably why they are chasing it a bit hard.

Les

PeteBrant 08 October 2008 11:42 AM

There is a *suspected* link between smoking cannibis and increasing the likelyhood of a schizophrenic attack in apeople already predisposed to it.

That is a long way short of a drug "causing" schizophrenia.

As soon as a Government ban tobacco and alcohol, which, year on year kills and destroys the lives, of more people than every other classified drug put together and multiplied by 100, then I will take any attmept to reclassify cannibis seriously.

Luan Pra bang 08 October 2008 11:45 AM

Coke has become a massive issue where I live. It seems almost everyone is using it and it gets right on my tits. I don't really have an issue with people doing what they like but getting collared in the pub by people coked up talking rubbish gets right on my tits.

TAKE NOTE using coke makes you boring and irritating not cool and interesting.

jonny_693 08 October 2008 11:57 AM

I used to smoke weed, it didn't do me much good :freak3:

ScoobLou 08 October 2008 12:25 PM

This question is aimed at the people who drink alcohol and are against cannabis.

Now I know a few people who smoke cannabis and I've never known them to get mouthy or violent on it, yet I know people who when they have had a drink get violent and really mouthy so I actually prefer spending time with my mates who smoke cannabis.

Now it is a case of because alcohol is legal and cannabis isn't you are all thinking drinking is ok but cannabis is really bad as the government has made it illegal so therefore is evil.

Btw I don't smoke cannabis myself as I tried it once and it just sends me to sleep which isn't much fun!

I just think from personal experience that cannabis is less harmful than drinking. Then again I suppose it effects everyone differently.

Hope the above makes sense :confused:

Leslie 08 October 2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 8184508)
There is a *suspected* link between smoking cannibis and increasing the likelyhood of a schizophrenic attack in apeople already predisposed to it.

That is a long way short of a drug "causing" schizophrenia.

As soon as a Government ban tobacco and alcohol, which, year on year kills and destroys the lives, of more people than every other classified drug put together and multiplied by 100, then I will take any attmept to reclassify cannibis seriously.

There used to ba a suspected link between smoking and cancer Pete. It was fought against for a long time until it became irrefutable.

Les

ScoTTyB 08 October 2008 01:21 PM

Why not stop smoking weed and start doing coke then?

BURTON 08 October 2008 01:24 PM

Have a search on the net and see how many people died last year due to drink and how many died due to smoking cannabis (not just smoking ). If you find one person that died of cannabis ill give you a free smoke :lol1:

GC8WRX 08 October 2008 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8184486)
I heard that they were recommending that Cannabis should changed to Class A because modern Skunk is so strong compared with the original that it affects the brain adversely and can cause schizophrenia. It also can encourage people to move on to class A drugs of course.

Thats probably why they are chasing it a bit hard.

Les

How does having a smoke encourage class a use?

The answer is it doesnt.

weed dealers are usually chilled out types, but you get the odd unsavoury one who sell other stuff, this is where the encouragement comes in, not from weed itself!

And to all the people who said it may be coppers going for easy targets, the two houses i mentioned are in an ok part of town, have scally smack heads hanging round all day, have been complained about more than once (in one case it was my missus mum who did the complaining), are obvious for all to see, i could even tell you the name of half the customers cos they went to my school.

No police ever sit nearby to discourage sales, or search scallies who are hanging around, or seem to do anything about it at all.

But at the monent they are driving round known smoking spots and searching cars, and just generally clamping down!

What sort of policy dictates leave the harmful class a dealers alone, but stop normal, hard working people from having a smoke of a night time?

Tackle the hard drugs first is my point

Surely coke shouldnt be easier to get hold of and cheaper than weed?

Odds on 08 October 2008 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8184773)
Surely coke shouldnt be easier to get hold of and cheaper than weed?

:eek: I might take up selling weed to you for a living.

If coke costs £50 a gram and there's 3.5g in an 1/8, then are you saying that your paying more than £175 for an 1/8 of weed?!

I could make a fortune. Happy days! :D

GC8WRX 08 October 2008 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Odds on (Post 8184795)
:eek: I might take up selling weed to you for a living.

If coke costs £50 a gram and there's 3.5g in an 1/8, then are you saying that your paying more than £175 for an 1/8 of weed?!

I could make a fortune. Happy days! :D

I mean relativley speaking!

A gram of ching is now £35

A quarter of nice green (when available) is £40!