ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How many Scoobynetters (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/716896-how-many-scoobynetters.html)

The Dogs B******s 06 October 2008 08:37 PM

How many Scoobynetters

Have never sped?????

oadamo 06 October 2008 08:42 PM

anyone????

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
adam

Tom87 06 October 2008 08:49 PM

lol

cossie-nutter 06 October 2008 08:50 PM

Never drove a ped sorry! :thumb: :lol1:

PaulC72 06 October 2008 08:52 PM

shortest thread ever?

GlesgaKiss 06 October 2008 08:52 PM

I passed my test in december and got my first car as a christmas present. A £600 Renault Clio. Knew all the local roads very well so on my first drive by myself I took it to the first half decent straight and had it flat out at about 95mph. :lol1:

That was my first day behind the wheel. :o

jdmforest 06 October 2008 09:29 PM

check out "bob r" in my PC plod problem...... post.hes never sped!:lol1:

The Dogs B******s 07 October 2008 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jdmforest (Post 8180878)
check out "bob r" in my PC plod problem...... post.hes never sped!:lol1:

Thats why i asked the question,because 99% of scoobynetters have never gone over the speed limit:lol1:

s1lko 07 October 2008 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 8181548)
Thats why i asked the question,because 99% of scoobynetters have never gone over the speed limit:lol1:

Or they just accept the risks when they do speed and get caught...

IainMilford 07 October 2008 08:30 PM

no tickets with the scoob :thumb:

jdmforest 07 October 2008 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by s1lko (Post 8181680)
Or they just accept the risks when they do speed and get caught...

first sniping on my thread,now this one.
you seem to be having a few digs sonny jim......
got sumthing you wanna get off your chest?
of have you run out of lube for your police baton??

The Dogs B******s 07 October 2008 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by jdmforest (Post 8183328)

:lol:

M444GY 07 October 2008 08:53 PM

what kind of question is that lol

Maz 07 October 2008 09:03 PM

Very few I should think.

PantsUK 07 October 2008 09:10 PM

I never have and never will speed.... you should all be ashamed !!!

s1lko 07 October 2008 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by jdmforest (Post 8183328)

Whoa there rambo! You'll find you're the only person who's made a personal dig on this thread. I wasn't even pointing at anybody in particular, and I've expressed the same views elsewhere. Sorry to disappoint you.

Touchy...

El Cat 07 October 2008 10:30 PM

cant afford to speed in my scoob!! drinks too much fuel!!!
LOL

zs_phil 07 October 2008 10:40 PM

never in my car only on my bicycle :norty:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/3...b235a4c868.jpg
me in my work clothes

The Dogs B******s 07 October 2008 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by zs_phil (Post 8183764)
never in my car only on my bicycle :norty:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/3...b235a4c868.jpg
me in my work clothes

Shame on you:lol1:

JPF 07 October 2008 10:56 PM

lol like it, I never have of course... me? no not me, speed?..never!..nah!:Suspiciou :D

Funny enough I was doing a wee mileage test a while ago driving down the A1 in the slow lane:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: I know the slow lane!!:eek: ... but anyway was keeping the revs below 3000 so going at and below the limit, thats 70 for those that may have forgotten:D The amount of cars that went past me was quite scary, now I'm not naive about these things but my god I'd say abt 70-80% off the traffic must have been doing 80/90 or more :eek2: we are talking Ford KA's and the like, people carriers, basically cars that have no chance of stopping. You can bet half these people are the ones that tut about performance car drivers speeding around "Oh no I don't speed I'm not a boy racer like you" my ass!!!

jdmforest 07 October 2008 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by s1lko (Post 8183613)
Whoa there rambo! You'll find you're the only person who's made a personal dig on this thread. I wasn't even pointing at anybody in particular, and I've expressed the same views elsewhere. Sorry to disappoint you.

Touchy...

its not what uve said,its how uve said it.....reaks of police "high horse" mentality!!
the fact that you say ive made a personal dig because ive shared your sorded "baton" secret with the world,only confirms my policeman suspicions.
be a gent, dont bring your work home with you..............

jdmforest 07 October 2008 11:25 PM

oh and dogs b*****ks, i never speed either.i blame the youth of today for giving us a bad image,young wippersnappers!!
bring back the cane!!
in my day,during the war.............

Lisawrx 08 October 2008 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by jdmforest (Post 8183858)
its not what uve said,its how uve said it.....reaks of police "high horse" mentality!!
the fact that you say ive made a personal dig because ive shared your sorded "baton" secret with the world,only confirms my policeman suspicions.

Calm down a bit. There is no need to take things too personally, and bring it into other threads. I read a thread in nsr, posted by either yourself under a different user name, or your friend, as the story was too similar not to be the same. Going by both accounts of what happened, you neither admit nor outright deny speeding, you only give certain details. As such some will jump in and justify what you may have been doing/offer advice to get out of it, if you have done wrong. Equally there will be those who don't share that sentiment. The best thing to do is to take on the chin, the comments that come, and not get too bothered by them, especially if you may be hiding anything.

What you have to remember, is if you ask a question/advice, with only so many actual details, some will back you up, some won't, and if you can't defend yourself totally, just accept that those who aren't jumping to your defence, aren't necessaly being 'nasty', just looking it from the other side. Think about what you and the other poster have said, and reflect honestly on why some may take issue with what you have said, but seriously without taking offence.

JPF 08 October 2008 12:15 AM

Unless you are talking about speeding in built up areas and the like, something I have seen people do in all sorts of cars, 40 in 30? really pees me off:mad: especially when kids etc are about or lots of cyclist as here in Cambs. Going a bit over on an empty motorway or at least clear with plenty of space and with a car designed to go twice the speed I don't see a problem, it comes down to common sense and good driving at the end of the day, you can be doing under the limit and still be in an accident on the motorway if you don't pay attention, look fare enough ahead etc. Tail gating is fare more dangerous in my book, or just plain bad driving, the amount of times I've had a near miss with someone whos just drifting in and out of lanes without even indicating is crazy, as for people tail gating, well how the hell are they supposed to stop in time even at low speed:cuckoo:

JPF 08 October 2008 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 8183945)
Calm down a bit. There is no need to take things too personally, and bring it into other threads. I read a thread in nsr, posted by either yourself under a different user name, or your friend, as the story was too similar not to be the same. Going by both accounts of what happened, you neither admit nor outright deny speeding, you only give certain details. As such some will jump in and justify what you may have been doing/offer advice to get out of it, if you have done wrong. Equally there will be those who don't share that sentiment. The best thing to do is to take on the chin, the comments that come, and not get too bothered by them, especially if you may be hiding anything.

What you have to remember, is if you ask a question/advice, with only so many actual details, some will back you up, some won't, and if you can't defend yourself totally, just accept that those who aren't jumping to your defence, aren't necessaly being 'nasty', just looking it from the other side. Think about what you and the other poster have said, and reflect honestly on why some may take issue with what you have said, but seriously without taking offence.

:luxhello: Thats some good advice, advice I could use every now and then :D
if things start getting personal step a way for a while chill and then post something funny, I find it helps, lifes too short to get narky on a bloomin forum.

Lisawrx 08 October 2008 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by JPF (Post 8183958)
:luxhello: Thats some good advice, advice I could use every now and then :D
if things start getting personal step a way for a while chill and then post something funny, I find it helps, lifes too short to get narky on a bloomin forum.

Why thank you, I do try. :)

speedking 08 October 2008 12:57 AM

How many scoobynetters ... Have never sped?????

For more than twenty minutes ...

Nope :):)

s1lko 08 October 2008 09:01 AM

I'm a copywriter for a PR and marketing agency. :cuckoo:

s1lko 08 October 2008 09:07 AM

Oh... and I was referring to your personal dig about 'bob r'.

Dan W 08 October 2008 10:16 AM

hundreds have viewed but few have posted:lol1: