ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Not long to go now!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/716203-not-long-to-go-now.html)

REVOLUTION 03 October 2008 12:14 PM

Not long to go now!!

Well only 2 days to go now till the big day.
Me and Glenn are all set for the Great North Run, all training is done, all kit sorted, just need to make sure I don't get persuaded to going out tonight or Saturday on the drink!

Wish us both luck and remember it's not too late to chuck a little sponsorship my way!
It all goes to Guide Dogs For The Blind

Link:

Justgiving - Keith Tyler's Fundraising Page

Thanks

Keith

JTaylor 03 October 2008 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by REVOLUTION (Post 8173550)
chuck a little sponsorship my way!
It all goes to Guide Dogs For The Blind

Link:

Justgiving - Keith Tyler's Fundraising Page

Thanks

Keith

No can do, Keith. :nono:

davegtt 03 October 2008 12:24 PM

Im thinking of going for this next year. Need to go buy some damn running trainers again first though.

Good luck though :thumb:

REVOLUTION 03 October 2008 01:23 PM

Sorry didn't realise that was not allowed, I will edit it now and delete!

Keith

REVOLUTION 03 October 2008 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 8173575)
Im thinking of going for this next year. Need to go buy some damn running trainers again first though.

Good luck though :thumb:

Thanks

I have never done it before and am really looking forward.
It seemed like a good idea back in March, haven't done enough training but have still done a lot.
If I can manage it anyone can!

Keith

SJ_Skyline 03 October 2008 01:25 PM

Good luck, I did it a couple of years back in a shade over 2 hours. The last few hundred yards along the coast are an absolute killer.

Make sure you get to the front of the queue regardless of what time you plan to run!! I made the mistake of sticking by my estimated time and ended up running twice the distance zig-zagging through slower people.

JTaylor 03 October 2008 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by REVOLUTION (Post 8173747)
Sorry didn't realise that was not allowed, I will edit it now and delete!

Keith

Of course you can, mate, I was just c0cking about in reference to my money saving tip of not giving to charity. Get it back up old son and all the very best. :thumb:

REVOLUTION 03 October 2008 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 8173763)
Of course you can, mate, I was just c0cking about in reference to my money saving tip of not giving to charity. Get it back up old son and all the very best. :thumb:

Oh well might as well, I thought there must have been some daft rule about asking for money for charity.

I have driven the route and must say am not looking forward to the long run up to the last mile, 3.5 miles of constant uphill, and the last mile along the front.
Think I will get some of those shoes kids have with the wheels on the back.

Keith

ChrisB 03 October 2008 02:43 PM

Good luck - I'm running the Liverpool 10k on Sunday. Looks like it be a soggy one :rolleyes:

SJ_Skyline 03 October 2008 02:47 PM

Good luck Chris - sub 1 hour 50 mins this time? ;)

ChrisB 03 October 2008 03:14 PM

:p

Might end up dragging the misses around, in which case sub 3 hours would be good ;)

REVOLUTION 03 October 2008 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisB (Post 8173904)
Good luck - I'm running the Liverpool 10k on Sunday. Looks like it be a soggy one :rolleyes:

Good luck Chris

Weather up here looks OK for Sunday, not too soggy!

Keith