ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Spec C owners?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/716045-spec-c-owners.html)

Shaun 07 August 2008 06:50 PM

I think the Hawkeye ones look the best.

I will have to make do with my old knacker for the time being! :D

http://www.shaunfennings.plus.com/speccedit.jpg

Shaun 07 August 2008 06:51 PM

I think the Hawkeye ones look the best lookers.

I will have to make do with my old knacker for the time being! :D

http://www.shaunfennings.plus.com/speccedit.jpg

Pete 02 October 2008 06:16 PM

Spec C owners??

Hi folks, i,m seriously thinking of purchasing a 06 Spec V limited next week, can you owners of them tell me your HONEST opinions on the car please??

Also is there anything i should be watching/looking out for?? the car has only done 13k, has full history etc, took it for a test drive yesterday and i have to say i was BLOWN away by the way these cars handle/feel..:notworthy

The car is standard at present too, would it require a map for uor fuel etc?

Any help/advice welcome..:thumb:

bluenose172 02 October 2008 06:45 PM

Can't really say much, other than, get an exhaust, filter and remap and it will probably be the best car you'll ever own!

madisonmonkey 02 October 2008 06:45 PM

Nothing in particular to be looking for, just the usual stuff.
If it hasn't been mapped for UK fuel then get it done.
I love mine but it is not my daily driver. If I was going to be using it daily or do a lot of miles I'd probably consider a regular JDM as there's very little difference by the time you get to 06 models but it might be easier to live with.

monkey :thumb:

Pete 02 October 2008 06:51 PM

Cheers guys, apreciate that.

Just a quikie, is a remap essential straight away??? and when i do have it done, who would you recommend, and what kind of cost for a map and exhaust???

scoobytyson 02 October 2008 06:54 PM

Getting bored of the cossie then staffi :D , Ive had mine for 18 months now with no problems at all and the last 12 months its been running 420+bhp, its by far the best car ive owned

Pete 02 October 2008 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by scoobytyson (Post 8172083)
Getting bored of the cossie then staffi :D , Ive had mine for 18 months now with no problems at all and the last 12 months its been running 420+bhp, its by far the best car ive owned

Hello young Northy, now,s tricks matey???

Cossie has gone mate, last week....

Just always liked the Spec C mate and was BLOWN away when i test drove it yesterday..:eek2: dare i say it, it felt considerably better than the Evo did, handling is something else Rob...:notworthy

Pete 02 October 2008 07:03 PM

Rob, so have you changed the internals for your power and who do you use for mapping, servicing etc??

bluenose172 02 October 2008 07:10 PM

The remap isn't essential, just run it on 99 Ron fuel and it'll be absolutely fine, but you're better off with a remap. You shouldn't need to touch the internals for 420bhp.

scoobytyson 02 October 2008 07:18 PM

Im still on standard internals and even the clutch is holding up ok although it doesnt like the Nos and launch control on :eek: Richard Bulmer from Tractive does all the work on my car

Pete 02 October 2008 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by scoobytyson (Post 8172158)
Im still on standard internals and even the clutch is holding up ok although it doesnt like the Nos and launch control on :eek:

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

You,re as bad as the other North...:cuckoo: :lol1:

gussy 02 October 2008 07:32 PM

Best impreza I have ever owned does everything it says on the tin you wouln't regret buying it.Check with the previouse owner if it has had a remap for uk fuel.

Shaun 02 October 2008 07:37 PM

Staffi,
An EVO and then a Cossie and now your back to the real world and buying the car you should of bought in the first place!! :D

Buy one and then make it go and handle better! ;)

evo north 02 October 2008 07:50 PM

Another

How many cars have you owned,
Start modding it mate, Spend thousands on it, Then sell it to somone else:luxhello: :lol1:
Really pete, They are a top car mate, The handling is fantastic, defo better than my evo,

Shaun 02 October 2008 07:52 PM

lol and there was me thinking about selling the Spec C and getting a IX GT. :eek:

evo north 02 October 2008 07:59 PM

Shaune,, A 9 gt or 9 rs wouls be a good starting car, No ayc,
I put an evo 9 rs very similar to a spec c in alot of ways,
You can get the 9 upto 420bhp very easy with little mods

Pete 02 October 2008 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by evo north (Post 8172250)
How many cars have you owned,
Start modding it mate, Spend thousands on it, Then sell it to somone else:luxhello: :lol1:
Really pete, They are a top car mate, The handling is fantastic, defo better than my evo,

Hi Paul,

The handling is in a different league mate to my Evo, i was HONESTLY gob-smacked mate, pick it up next week and can,t wait, i,m just going to have it mapped that,s it, NO other mods...:lol1: they,re superb as they are imo..:thumb:

bluenose172 02 October 2008 10:22 PM

If all you're going to do is remap it, at least stick a free(er) flowing air filter in it!

Pete 02 October 2008 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by bluenose172 (Post 8172674)
If all you're going to do is remap it, at least stick a free(er) flowing air filter in it!

Yes i will do, i just need some input now who,s best to take the car to for the mapping etc..

I guess the answer to that will be mixed....:thumb:

scoobytyson 02 October 2008 10:33 PM

Will u be using Ecutec or a proper Ecu?

Pete 02 October 2008 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by scoobytyson (Post 8172695)
Will u be using Ecutec or a proper Ecu?

Rob,

Just Ecutek mate, i,ve spent TOO much on Autronic ECU`s...:cuckoo: :lol1:

Just want the car safe and around 330-340 bhp....:thumb:

scoobytyson 02 October 2008 10:44 PM

I know what u mean mate it soon gets out of hand :brickwall

Pete 02 October 2008 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by scoobytyson (Post 8172722)
I know what u mean mate it soon gets out of hand :brickwall

Lol,

Ain,t that the truth...:cuckoo:

rickya 02 October 2008 10:56 PM

Buy it, you wont regret it ;)

Pete 02 October 2008 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 8172746)
Buy it, you wont regret it ;)

I have done, it,ll be in my garage next week............:thumb:

frayz 02 October 2008 11:20 PM

Best of luck Pete. :thumb:

Pete 02 October 2008 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 8172811)
Best of luck Pete. :thumb:

Cheers Frayz and thanks for the advice and chat today fella, appreciated...:thumb:

hoskib 03 October 2008 06:33 AM

just how easy are these to use as a daily driver?
i'm getting tempted into buying one of these, but it'll be my only car and i like my creature comforts a bit;)

so is it a pain with less soundproofing etc? one other thing, which spec/model comes with air con and leccy windows?

sorry for the hijack staffi:) seems to be a bit of spec c knowledge on here!

evo north 03 October 2008 07:46 AM

Scoobytysons has got the elec windows and air con, Its a my05 wr,,
Pete, I hope your new purchase is white