ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ESC Newsletter, correction - MAGAZINE!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/715897-esc-newsletter-correction-magazine.html)

Cornelius 01 October 2008 10:29 PM

ESC Newsletter, correction - MAGAZINE!!

Advanced warning!!

This months newsletter is going to be the biggest yet!! At this rate, it will be turning into a magazine:norty:

Not to give too much away, but Spally has done a cracking article, which I'm sure will be highly rated:notworthy Also BRI4N has written a review for Rally day, which is also a corker.:luxhello:

I'm now faced with the problem of cramming it all in, so it's likely that the magazine will be a huge 12 pages!!!

If anyone wants to write something up for the mag, please PM/Email me- Only one stipulation though, it must be scooby related, no R/C cars, Kites, Xbox 360, PS3 or any other fads;)

If anyone wants to do a write up on the charity work the club has done, that would be great.:thumb:

Also, If Tiny wants to do a history of the ESC, then get cracking big boy:p

Milamber 01 October 2008 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 8170446)
Also, If Tiny wants to do a history of the ESC, then get cracking big boy:p

Sorry Tiny but hold fire on this for the time being.

Sorry Paul, all will become clear.......

Cornelius 01 October 2008 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 8170638)
Sorry Tiny but hold fire on this for the time being.

Sorry Paul, all will become clear.......

No problem mate, this isn't for November's newsletter, just getting some article ideas ready for future issues

spally 02 October 2008 07:01 AM

i cant take all the credit Paul, my idea but had a lot of input from the member as well. Hope it will be a good addition to the ESC newsletter.

Rob42 02 October 2008 07:26 AM

As a newb, forgive me a daft question....can I expect a copy of this whenever it comes out as a member, or is it electronic?
Thanks
Rob

spally 02 October 2008 07:45 AM

Rob,

There was talk of putting it electronic but that has never arose. The newsletter is normally handed out at the posers cruise, if not copies are available upon request.

cheers

Rob42 02 October 2008 07:48 AM

Guess I'd best try to get to the cruise!
At the moment, I am reading everything I can get my hands on, just to try and improve my knowledge on these cars. Thanks for the prompt response!

Diesel_DC 02 October 2008 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rob42 (Post 8170804)
At the moment, I am reading everything I can get my hands on, just to try and improve my knowledge on these cars. Thanks for the prompt response!

One of the best ways to learn about these cars in general is to have a read of some of Frayz's threads as they are well worded and explain in detail what certain mods/stuff does and why. :thumb:

Rob42 02 October 2008 08:10 AM

Cheers DC, will get reading!

Cornelius 02 October 2008 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rob42 (Post 8170804)

The newsletter now comes out ready for the Lodge meet.

Also, the technical forums on here are a good source;)

WRX_Dazza 02 October 2008 10:48 AM

it must be scooby related, no R/C cars, Kites, Xbox 360, PS3 or any other fads
thats me out then !!! :(

:idea: : what about buggies, no ones mentioned buggies !!! :thumb:

Spec'c'57 02 October 2008 11:22 AM

Thats kite related. :brickwall

Cornelius 02 October 2008 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 8171102)
thats me out then !!! :(

:idea: : what about buggies, no ones mentioned buggies !!! :thumb:

If it's powered by a Subaru engine, then that's cool:norty:

Mrs ESC 02 October 2008 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 8170446)
it must be scooby related, no R/C cars, Kites, Xbox 360, PS3 or any other fads;)

Cant believe you have 12 pages for the newsletter with out all these in it lol.

Cornelius 02 October 2008 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs ESC (Post 8171786)
Cant believe you have 12 pages for the newsletter with out all these in it lol.

Trust me, I have, with help of course:notworthy

Cornelius 02 October 2008 07:23 PM

Does anyone feel creative?

I'm just finishing off the November newsletter and have 1 page left to fill, so I'm after someone to write an article, it can be about anything you want as long as it's scooby/club related

Cornelius 06 October 2008 10:17 PM

BRI4N and I were talking at the poser's and he came up with a good idea:- from now on, the newsletters will be ready for the Halfway House meet. This is so that hopefully every member will get a newsletter - whether they want one or not!!;)

Also, I'm going to start a league table for those who have contributed, I hope that it's not going to continue that it's always the same people writing articles, nudge nudge wink wink;)

I've done a short article about the history of Subaru. It's only very brief, but I hope it's informative.

Hope you will enjoy:)

53 06 October 2008 10:25 PM

Need an article about the 'Joy of Wagons' :D

Cornelius 06 October 2008 10:39 PM

Go for it;) I think you'll get backing from BRI4N, Flat Eric and John1UK just to name a few:D

spally 07 October 2008 06:30 AM

stu...hold fire on that 1 matey. I have something coming up ;)

53 07 October 2008 09:02 AM

:thumb:

Cornelius 09 October 2008 10:38 PM

I'm running out of profiles, anyone who hasn't done one yet, please could you copy and paste this questionnaire then PM me.

Name:

Username:

When did you join the club?:

Worst car owned:

Ambitions:

Cringeworthy moment:

Biggest acheivement:

Scooby / car:

Mods:

Any comments you'd like to share:

Just a reminder, I will not edit the profile apart from spell checking.

As said before, if you are feeling creative and want to write an article, please do so. New material always welcome. I know that most people would like to see the newsletter continue, but it can only do so with your help.

Thanks people