ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   360 Elite......problems (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/714743-360-elite-problems.html)

Andy T 26 September 2008 05:45 PM

360 Elite......problems

Help !!

Bought a 360 Elite a few months back as the launch day one was getting a bit tired.

Tried connecting my MS steering wheel and pedals to it the other night and it does not seem to recognise it :( am slightly peeved that this does not connect easily. have had a quick look but was really not in the mood to start messing with settings that i cound not find easily.

Anybody else have this problem ? also noticed that the recharge pack does not power up.

Cheers

Andy.T

seven x 26 September 2008 06:57 PM

Is it wireless? If it is you will need to sync it like the control pads.

StickyMicky 26 September 2008 07:26 PM

when you mean recharge pack, is it a solid battery pack?

my elite that i bought yesterday came with a black box thing that 2 x AA batteries slide into :confused: this is then clipped to the control pad underneath ?

Andy T 27 September 2008 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by seven x (Post 8158868)
Is it wireless? If it is you will need to sync it like the control pads.

Yep, it is wireless. Will try to sync it again later.

Andy T 27 September 2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 8158924)
when you mean recharge pack, is it a solid battery pack?

my elite that i bought yesterday came with a black box thing that 2 x AA batteries slide into :confused: this is then clipped to the control pad underneath ?

The solid battery pack one, bought to replace the 2xAA one that came with original xbox. Wireless, unless charging.

Probably need to try syncing as well.

Cheers

StickyMicky 27 September 2008 04:46 PM

do the solid battery packs last longer ?

i am a bit confused, as to the point of them if they dont :confused:

DJ Dunk 27 September 2008 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 8160463)
do the solid battery packs last longer ?

i am a bit confused, as to the point of them if they dont :confused:

Not especially longer that I've noticed, but it depends on what type of battery you're comparing with.

They're rechargeable and can be charged using the play & charge cable whilst gaming as well as with the standalone charger. I tend to use a mixture of rechargeable 2500mAh batteries & rechargeable battery packs.

StickyMicky 27 September 2008 11:39 PM

yea i am just thinking, charge 2 x AA`s up while the other 2 are getting used.

did a search online and lots of people have been complaining that the battery packs are crap after a years use and you only get about 20 hours from each one :eek:

ash002004 28 September 2008 12:11 AM

Battery packs??? im confused, lol. i just used my two old white controllers with my elite when i decided to upgrade to it.... i have one recharge (plug and charge usb) pack plugged into one controller, then normal aa's in the other, when the aa's run out and i cant be bothered to buy anymore i just plug the charger into it and it runs

DJ Dunk 28 September 2008 09:14 AM

Yes, it'll run but won't recharge.

Swen6 28 September 2008 09:25 AM

Had you used the Wheel with the Elite before?, when i had the original wheel you had to put PGR3 in so it could load the drivers?, have you done this?

Appreciate it may be different with the new ones, just an idea.