ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   can anyone help (boost problems again) (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/713321-can-anyone-help-boost-problems-again.html)

chrisray 19 September 2008 03:37 PM

can anyone help (boost problems again)

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help. im having a problem keeping boost pressure. sometimes it boosts 1.1 bar and other times 0.8. i cleaned the solenoid and changed some of the pipe work, which seemed to help. but today, on the way home i had the same problem again. it seems to happen when the car is warm . :confused: .

the car is a 2000uk and any help would be great. also does anyone know of a good place to get a remap done. thanks for looking, chris

simb 2 19 September 2008 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by chrisray (Post 8142963)
Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help. im having a problem keeping boost pressure. sometimes it boosts 1.1 bar and other times 0.8. i cleaned the solenoid and changed some of the pipe work, which seemed to help. but today, on the way home i had the same problem again. it seems to happen when the car is warm . :confused: .

the car is a 2000uk and any help would be great. also does anyone know of a good place to get a remap done. thanks for looking, chris

What sort of mods have you had done mate?

simb

chrisray 19 September 2008 08:29 PM

turbo back exhaust, forge BOV, samco intercooler hose, it also has the ppp on it. could the problem be the bov?

simb 2 19 September 2008 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by chrisray (Post 8143669)
turbo back exhaust, forge BOV, samco intercooler hose, it also has the ppp on it. could the problem be the bov?

Good suspect, simular problem to me. May want to check you have the correct spring in there or take it off and replace with the standard and then see how it drives.

simb

chrisray 20 September 2008 02:42 PM

i changed the bov for the standard one today, but still having the same problem. the car is great cold, but when warm the boost pressure drops. i have no under tray, would this matter.

chris

DannyBoy007 20 September 2008 05:10 PM

Don't worry about running without an undertry, Mine hasn't been on for about 4 years now, the engine run cooler without one, which is a good thing

My money is on the decat causing problems, Had the same on mine until it was remapped.

chrisray 20 September 2008 05:30 PM

maybe. where's a good place to get a remap done around south wales, which also wont brake the bank?:)

thanks, chris

chrisray 21 September 2008 07:41 PM

anyone?

KJD Mk1 21 September 2008 07:49 PM

You could give these guys a try, we have heard some good things about them and they are local. Hope this helps.

Indigo-GT: Online

simb 2 21 September 2008 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by chrisray (Post 8144944)
maybe. where's a good place to get a remap done around south wales, which also wont brake the bank?:)

thanks, chris

I'd travel the distance and go and see Bob Rawle aka B R Developments.

simb

The Stitcher 21 September 2008 11:17 PM

hi mate have you got a boost controler or blead valve on it ?? ,check that all the pipes that run from the actuator and boost solanoied have no splits ,and are a tight fit and have clips on the end of each pipe as the pipes can get warm and expand and leak if there are no clips on the ends :thumb:
and with the modz that have been done it will need a remap to get it running spot on but you will have to travel for a re map as not many do it in south wales, you could message jolly grean monster and see when he is about as i think he is down soon to map cars for the csc boys ,
hope this helps :thumb:

chrisray 22 September 2008 07:57 PM

thanks for the replies. i phoned about today for a remap, was quoted around £650. the hoses around the actuator have no clips (me being dull thought this was normal). is there a place where i can get these form? cant thank you all enough for your help.

chris:)

The Stitcher 22 September 2008 09:07 PM

rather than by clips from somewhere just use small cable ties for now and see if that works :thumb:

chrisray 05 October 2008 08:45 PM

hi, i think i've found my problem. the lambda sensor on my car only has 2 wires on it, was told it sould have 3. the only scoob which would have a 2 wire one would be the sport ( probably changed in past and had the wrong one fitted). would this cause any lasting damage? thanks for all the replies, chris