ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   WHAT A YEAR !!!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/712812-what-a-year.html)

wongy 17 September 2008 07:53 AM

WHAT A YEAR !!!!!!!

As some of you may know ive been having trouble with my transmission on the scooby for best part of most of the year trying to sort out problem after problem :(

well no need to sort out the problem as the mechanic who came to pick my car up yesterday eneded up crashing it and now the front end is pushed right in :cry:

so yet again im without a scooby and now back on the search for another one hopefully third time lucky

bigmick 17 September 2008 08:09 AM

Holy **** wongy
hope things work out ok and you get yourself a decent scoob sorted out soon

Milamber 17 September 2008 08:21 AM

:eek:

ABW 17 September 2008 08:44 AM

sorry to hear that mate :( let me know if i can help

NickBes 17 September 2008 08:48 AM

:eek: Thats not good, sorry to hear that mate :(

WRX_Dazza 17 September 2008 09:04 AM

oh dear.....

hope you get something sorted Jase !!!

Dazza

Phil 17 September 2008 09:17 AM

You were remarkably calm when you told me yesterday mate

I would have been spitting feathers

Here's hopping you can get something with out the problems this time

53 17 September 2008 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by wongy (Post 8137494)
As some of you may know ive been having trouble with my transmission on the scooby for best part of most of the year trying to sort out problem after problem :(

well no need to sort out the problem as the mechanic who came to pick my car up yesterday eneded up crashing it and now the front end is pushed right in :cry:

so yet again im without a scooby and now back on the search for another one hopefully third time lucky

Oh dear :brickwall nice little headache to sort out.:nono:

Sorry to hear that Wongy mate, I haven't got over your blue one being nicked yet :( :rolleyes:

I hope the mechanic was ok, but what a plum :freak3:

rossi_p 17 September 2008 10:08 AM

That sucks Jase! :(

Hope you get a new one sorted soon.

V4JDMSTi 17 September 2008 10:21 AM

funking hell mate not good. i take it he was fully insured and that you've not got to pay a penny towards it?

chin up though mate and as you say 3rd time lucky. :thumb:

Spec'c'57 17 September 2008 11:57 AM

:eek:

pezzza 17 September 2008 01:33 PM

3RD party insurance only if he was collecting your car.....HE has to fork out for your car to be either repaired, or buy it from you in condition BEFORE he smashed it up!

V4JDMSTi 17 September 2008 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by pezzza (Post 8138102)
3RD party insurance only if he was collecting your car.....HE has to fork out for your car to be either repaired, or buy it from you in condition BEFORE he smashed it up!

not necessarily mate. as someone in the motor trade, he should have adequate trade insurance. only downside is trade insurance doesn't always give as high value as personal insurance. this is where a good insurance company / broker such as moley comes in.

when i do the detailing i am in a round about way covered 3rd party to drive the cars. however i don't and i'm not going to get into a trade policy that covers it. just incase anything like this happens. if the car needs moving or bringing to me the client is the person to move it.

wongy 17 September 2008 02:13 PM

Chin up jas things can only get better from now on:) Still cant get over it i really thought your were jokieng!. until i went round and and saw what a right mess the car was in never seen anything like lets hope that this gets sorted out for you babe and you get a even better scoob (maybe a pink one so i can drive it:lol1: ).

Love you babe

Jane:luvlove:

mrs_b4 17 September 2008 02:41 PM

Don't have alot of luck do ya, hopefully something better will come out of it
and Jane it don't have to be pink accessorize!!!

spally 17 September 2008 03:15 PM

and i thought i was unlucky with my classic......hope the guy gets it all sorted for you matey.

WRX_Dazza 17 September 2008 03:22 PM

blimey a lot of this going around...

see cupra daves car on the gallery !!!!

might stop using my car now!! :)

all the best wongy - get down the lodge and i'll buy you a beer old son !

wozzaa 17 September 2008 04:52 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby.php...&photoid=16099

V4JDMSTi 17 September 2008 04:53 PM

:eek: that was a fair impact!

Ms Gooner 1 17 September 2008 06:19 PM

Jeeez - what did he do..... drive it straight at a wall???

The extreme's people go to to "out" a car :Whatever_ ;) :lol1:

Only kidding Jason - hope you find a car (finally) that is hassle free (if you do - can I buy it from ya :lol1: )

:thumb:

stuart n 17 September 2008 06:24 PM

Blimey mate, I thought i was unlucky! Hope things get sorted soon :thumb:

Cornelius 17 September 2008 06:29 PM

Sorry to hear this, hope things go well from now on mate

wongy 17 September 2008 06:33 PM

cheers guys

he just came round to sort out some details and he is getting it sorted out for the it to be looked at either tomorrow or friday

hopefully all will be good and ill be in another scooby in no time :norty:

Supercue 17 September 2008 07:33 PM

Sorry to read this Fella hope you're up and running shortly;)

lollyMccray 17 September 2008 08:02 PM

How sad i feel for you :eek:

BRI4N 17 September 2008 08:02 PM

Sh!t, sorry to hear this mate.:(

At least it's solved the sell it/keep it dilema you were talking about at the Lodge last month.

Hope you get it all sorted soon (Winter trip to MonkeyWorld coming up.:D ):thumb:

97Catalunya 18 September 2008 10:01 AM

:cry::cry: Awe m8 I would be absolutley fuming if I was you :mad: hope he gets it sorted quickley and fairly for you :thumb:

Chris....