ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   No More Cards in Football! (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/712676-no-more-cards-in-football.html)

Abdabz 16 September 2008 05:16 PM

No More Cards in Football!

The FA today changed the laws of the game forever by renouncing John Terrys red card following his rugby tackle on Manchester Citys Jo at the weekend. :lol1:

To overturn this verdict, it had to be proven that not only was the rugby tackle not violent conduct using excessive force to the point of being worthy of a red card, it also had to be proved that the assault was not worthy of a yellow card either - Impossible.

Or is it?

A similiar incident occured a few years ago, when Alan Shearer threatened to not play for his country again when appealing against a red card for clearly stamping on a Leicester City player. Shearers ban (I seem to remember) was reduced as a result. :mad:

Only the same thing could have been said today to overturn the unquestionable decision made the by the referee at the weekend. Either that or Chelsea hold more sway over the FA than any other club over any other ruling body... Perhaps Peter Kenyon has compromising photos of Brian Barwick and an otter? :norty:

Either way, the precedent is set. At no football game in the land next weekend will any player be given any card for any indiscretion as it cannot be enforced. Chelsea have proven that clear evidence of violent conduct is not worthy of a yellow card, so I for one am looking forward to all the unpunishable fights I will be seeing on MOTD on Saturday night... :wonder:

Thanks FA, for putting the bite and the fight back into football and making referees redundant.... :freak3:

pauld37 16 September 2008 06:00 PM

Almost as bad as taking quotes from football365 ;)

Funkii Munkii 16 September 2008 06:26 PM

Terry just showed his true colours again, one well and truly overated player, poor in both England games, got away with a nasty foul in the 1st half against City as well and when sent off you could see his aggression rising toward the ref, lets be fair he tried tripping Jo first was too slow so grabbed him round the waist, I would imagine with Carvalho coming into play it should have been a yellow.

Shearer kicked Neil Lennon in the head on the touchline, rumour was he would refuse to play for England if charged, as he was England captain at the time it was swept under the carpet.

DaveBeck 16 September 2008 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 8136358)

:lol1: :lol1: busted

Abdabz 16 September 2008 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 8136358)

Maybe the other half of my personality writes for football 365 because theyre all my own words, sunshine...

Then I guess if it is what the whole nation is thinking it's likely to be a common theme in any pub, internet site, newspaper... :brickwall

richie001 16 September 2008 08:07 PM

Yellow card YES,But how can that be violent conduct.

pauld37 16 September 2008 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8136465)
:lol1: :lol1: busted

:mad: What did you call me :mad: :D

pauld37 16 September 2008 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 8136491)
theyre all my own words, sunshine...

:lol1: Sorry Dad!

CrisPDuk 16 September 2008 09:02 PM

I thought it was decided at the time Terry was operated as a second goalkeeper that Chelsea are exempt from the normal rules of football ;)

It might have something to do with them being owned by an former officer of the KGB :)

Allegedly:Suspiciou

Abdabz 17 September 2008 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 8136765)
:lol1: Sorry Dad!

No worries little man :thumb:

Funkii Munkii 17 September 2008 08:41 AM

No worries little man
Abdabz and Paul37

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/20...b__300x340.jpg

scoobynewbie72 17 September 2008 10:30 AM

Terry hasnt been the same player since he was flattened at the millennium stadium and knocked out cold.

Funkii Munkii 17 September 2008 12:57 PM

Oh Dear, SAF has chipped in with his comments as usual.

Cringe mode on !!

richie001 17 September 2008 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8138016)
Oh Dear, SAF has chipped in with his comments as usual.

Cringe mode on !!

SAF needs to get his facts right before blaming anyone because he just embarrassing Himself and the club.Anyway why does he hate Keith Hackett so much :wonder:

ash1 17 September 2008 01:20 PM

SAF is a senile ar*e. He's blaming hacket when its a disciplinary committee decision. what a fool

thought it was the right decision, was not a clear sending off offence.

CrisPDuk 17 September 2008 10:01 PM

I agree it was definitely the correct decision, the fact that it's wound Taggart up so much just makes it even better :lol1:

Did anyone else see him on the TV, I thought his head was going to explode :eek:

wiley 17 September 2008 10:51 PM

it was never a red, he wasn't the last defender plus is was just past the half way line... get your glasses on ref!!!
wiley

Bravo2zero_sps 18 September 2008 09:12 PM

It was deliberate cheating which deserves a red card. He brought a player down by putting his arm around his waist and holding on to him and there was no attempt to play the ball. I'm sorry but if you cheat in any sport you should be out of the game. I don't know how any football supporter can defend cheating and say cheating doesn't warrant a red card :nono:

Funkii Munkii 18 September 2008 09:18 PM

I think a few of us have been looking at this the wrong way, we all think Carvalho was the last man hence it should have been yellow, but, he wasnt given the red for that, if I had the time I would look it up, violent play or something like that, it doesn't matter where the offence takes place on the pitch or who is the last man it's an instant red.

So we were wrong the ref was well within his rights and the FA suck arse

wiley 18 September 2008 10:46 PM

i love the FA lol
bring on man u
wiley

l1verp00l 18 September 2008 11:26 PM

it is tough one to call

on one hand JT pulled him down on purpose to stop him having a chance of scoring. He prolly thought he would get a yellow, but stop the guy getting a goal

is that fair? Would like to see that stopped

Funkii Munkii 19 September 2008 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by l1verp00l (Post 8141718)
it is tough one to call

on one hand JT pulled him down on purpose to stop him having a chance of scoring. He prolly thought he would get a yellow, but stop the guy getting a goal

is that fair? Would like to see that stopped

They already did bring that in after Willie Young hacked Paul Allen down from behind in the FA Cup about 30 years ago !! seems they forgot they brought it in :wonder:

davegtt 19 September 2008 09:09 AM

The main reason its been overturned without even a yellow card from my understanding is that he was sent off for serious foul play rather than a professional foul. The FA decided it wasnt serious foul play so overturned it. If he'd been booked for a professional foul then he'd probably have had a yellow at least on his name.

Bravo2zero_sps 19 September 2008 09:26 AM

How can rugby tackling someone when they would be through on goal not be serious foul play :lol1: Nothing at all to do of course that he is England captain and the FA's golden boy. Absolutely stinks and was clearly a red card offence.

davegtt 19 September 2008 09:45 AM

It depends on how you outline what serious foul play is. I dont know the exact covering of this but its probably showing major signs of aggression towards another player. The foul was a professional foul in my eyes, the foul he committed was hardly a dangerous challenge.

Bravo2zero_sps 19 September 2008 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 8142086)
It depends on how you outline what serious foul play is. I dont know the exact covering of this but its probably showing major signs of aggression towards another player. The foul was a professional foul in my eyes, the foul he committed was hardly a dangerous challenge.

The bottom line is Dave any clear intentional cheating by a player in any sport should be dealt with by them being taken out of what they are competing in, whether it be football/cricket/athletics what ever.

davegtt 19 September 2008 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8142089)
The bottom line is Dave any clear intentional cheating by a player in any sport should be dealt with by them being taken out of what they are competing in, whether it be football/cricket/athletics what ever.

Agreed, had the referee sent him off for a professional foul then it probably would have been upheld or at least changed to a yellow. The fact hes been booked for something he hasnt done is his get out clause.

alcazar 21 September 2008 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 8142107)
The fact hes been booked for something he hasnt done is his get out clause.

No mate, his getout clause is that he plays for a huge club, and is England captain. Doesn't need any other.:mad:

there ALWAYS has been one rule for the big clubs/players, and one for everyone else.

Alcazar

pauld37 23 September 2008 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8136403)
you could see his aggression rising toward the ref

Did you see Furyhands at the end of the game Sunday :lol1: what a tw@

Funkii Munkii 23 September 2008 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Troll
Did you see Furyhands at the end of the game Sunday what a tw@

http://coolceleb.instablogs.com/images/hc1_14.jpg

Yeah I saw him sucking up to Ruud, disgraceful stuff !