ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   07 sti or gb270, same price, hard choice? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/712335-07-sti-or-gb270-same-price-hard-choice.html)

stevie_ruc 15 September 2008 08:55 AM

07 sti or gb270, same price, hard choice?

My local deal has a silver 07 sti for sale at the same price as an 07 gb270. Both brand spanking new unregistered. GB270 is fully loaded with leather sat nav etc. sti is standard 280bhp verison...I have an 04 sti with ppp to trade in....

What would you folks advise? Would i miss the 6 speed, brembos , ppp etc?

cheers

53 15 September 2008 09:08 AM

Unless you broke the 04 sti with ppp, keep it, MOT's aren't that scarey:p

...failing that, STi all day long, whatever people tell you it IS the better car.

Mal K 15 September 2008 09:36 AM

I agree, stick with what you've got. Once the new car novelty wears off and the huge depreciation kicks in.....again!
However in answer to your question, Sti.

Microstar 15 September 2008 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by stevie_ruc (Post 8132633)
My local deal has a silver 07 sti for sale at the same price as an 07 gb270. Both brand spanking new unregistered.

The fact that they still have these cars unregistered tells you what the demand is, and gives a hint as to future depreciation :eek:

micahmoor 15 September 2008 10:02 AM

The sti. But i am thinking what was said above as well car market is dead both them new cars will loose LOADS and loads. just spend a little on your sti .

st33ly 15 September 2008 12:18 PM

Sti any day. much more tuning potential. No choice really

Microstar 15 September 2008 12:28 PM

Just been looking at the financial news. Lehman's is in administration, AIG (world's biggest insurance co.) looks like its about to fall and HBOS shares are down 36%. We are in for terrible few years financially, far worse than anyone is so far admitting. I say don't buy a new car at all! Buy gold and bury it in the garden ;)

stevie_ruc 15 September 2008 11:31 PM

Guys all I can say is thank you for all your replies.

I got the 04sti "keyed" on Saturday nite...who ever did also seamed to enjoy kicking in the nearside c pillar and the passenger door.

I have fully comp protected ins so i guess i've got to fork out 250 excess but the good new is the bodywork shop says that the whole car will need a respray so i will have a spotless car at the end of it all.

Ive thought about it a lot and decided to take your advice. My G/F is relieved as well that im not forking out my hard earned lolly.

I also have been told i need two new rear shocks! the dealer will go halfers with me on the cost which is £300...

Would i be better putting the £300 towards a set of non Subaru shocks?

Thanks again

Stevie

53 15 September 2008 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by stevie_ruc (Post 8134779)
Guys all I can say is thank you for all your replies.

I got the 04sti "keyed" on Saturday nite...who ever did also seamed to enjoy kicking in the nearside c pillar and the passenger door.

I have fully comp protected ins so i guess i've got to fork out 250 excess but the good new is the bodywork shop says that the whole car will need a respray so i will have a spotless car at the end of it all.

Ive thought about it a lot and decided to take your advice. My G/F is relieved as well that im not forking out my hard earned lolly.

I also have been told i need two new rear shocks! the dealer will go halfers with me on the cost which is £300...

Would i be better putting the £300 towards a set of non Subaru shocks?

Thanks again

Stevie

Yes ! Have a look in the Group Buy Section, but do some proper research before you go with the Subaru option if only to discount the aftermarket alternatives. I haven't had the knocking yet , but I will certainly not be replacing them with Subaru items.:)

wiley 15 September 2008 11:49 PM

07 sti, then add ppp....
wiley

st33ly 16 September 2008 07:23 AM

Got to laugh at the subaru dealer in Perth J.wier as was thier yesterday for a look. Brand new GB270 - £22995 who the **** is going to pay that. Plus it was thier the last time i was thier and it was £26k.