ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   How much for an STi type UK?!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/71189-how-much-for-an-sti-type-uk.html)

TonyBurns 09 February 2002 01:32 PM

Offers seem to be in the region of 1600 quid f/c protected :eek: which seems a little high to me :( i pay 1189 for a modified MY00 turbo at the mo (PPP, d/p, uprated brakes and alloy wheels with lots of security) so is it just that ive got a manchester post code (or the 2 accidents on company policy, 1 non fault and 1 50/50 which i didnt have much say in as the insurance co just thought it would be better to resolve it quickly and i wanted non fault [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ). Should i just not say about the accidents on the company policy as it hasnt affected (and i have no say in anything that gets done to the vehicle unlike my own car) my own insurance policy which has full protected no claims (with no claims over 3 yrs) so why am i getting penalised :(
Even when some theives tried nicking next doors car from out of the garage! (mine was on the drive) they never even attempted to touch mine (and they only had a honda civic LSI and it was totally std!!!!) but no one has ever touched my car :D but i still have to suffer extorsionate premiums (and 450 quid excess! :eek: :( ) Ok i may live in what they class as a high rated crime area but i have a mate who lives in a medium rated area whos had 2 attempts at theft on his car [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] and i bet there are many more people out there in low crime rated areas who have had their cars stolen on more than one occasion [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] yet i suffer for having a nice car [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] and whats really scary is that some 21 yr olds can get cheaper insurance on a scoob than me!!!!!! (and im 33!!!) :( so no matter what i do to protect my car (and trust me shes protected ;)) i still have to pay for other peoples misery :( and im really p1ssed off with it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
The most competetive quotes so far are direct line and tesco's (and im already with direct line who are mod friendly ;)) and NU direct wont quote me on an sti type uk!! :eek: so apart from moving it looks like im stuck with having to pay stupid ammounts on a car for insurance (i think i should go and buy a 1ltr yaris cos it will cost me next to nothing to insure and no doubt get nicked before my scoob would) :(

Tony:(

ZangZub 10 February 2002 02:58 AM

£707 fully comp with £250 XS - 5yrs NCB, age 34, Missus as named driver, garaged, 10K miles per annum, 250XS, friendly postcode - Jersey!.

DirectLine Ins.

Chris Barn 10 February 2002 03:15 PM

£1250, Schofields. Mediocre postcode, 30, with the misses, 3 points best alternative quote was £1500 ish.

TonyBurns 10 February 2002 07:25 PM

They quoted me 1700 quid! :( so even they couldnt compete with direct line :( suppose thats what you get for living in manchester now :(

Tony
(remind me to move and soon!! ;))

bugeyes 10 February 2002 07:30 PM

£930 with Trackstar, age 30 4yrs NCB, good postcode, driveway, 12.5K per year.
Greenlight
Ste

ChristianR 11 February 2002 07:17 PM

hello ZangZub - nice to see another Jersey person on here!

T5NYW 16 February 2002 01:37 PM

me old git only driver 46 5ncb no points driveway good postcode
Tescos £770 and Scolfields was cheaper:D but I lost the quote:( edited because i found it:):) £695 Plus Rhino need in driveway :eek: and plenty of grass to feed it:D:D

Tony
STI 7 28/03/02:D:D:D:D:D

[Edited by T5NYW - 2/16/2002 1:40:51 PM]

T5NYW 16 February 2002 03:00 PM

Just rang Tesco's:D:D:D
My old my99 UK with xhorst & eibach's was £560:( New STI7 UK Quoted £548 :D:D:D:D:D:D 218bhp Vs 261bhp and less £££ strange but :D:D:D:D:D

I wonder if they pay me to drive a 22B :eek:

Tony

[Edited by T5NYW - 2/16/2002 3:03:37 PM]