ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Modification advice (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/711773-modification-advice.html)

El Cat 12 September 2008 11:51 AM

Modification advice

me and my brother are both scooby owners and have the same cars
MY00 impreza turbo 2000 on a v plate
we are both looking to increase the horsepower of our vehicles starting with his as he only drives his at weekend so we have time to get his done

his current modifications are
HKS PANEL FILTER
HKS HIPER MUFFLER CATBACK exhaust
bailey dump Valve

we have just purchased a TD05 turbo charger and a version 5 STI top mount intercooler to fit
just need to get an uprated fuel pump and then have it mapped by alan jeffs @ enginetuner
are there any other parts we will need before it is mapped to accompany the turbo and cooler apart from the fuel pump??
what sort of power would he be looking at with that combination??

martwrxsl 12 September 2008 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by El Cat (Post 8127219)
me and my brother are both scooby owners and have the same cars
MY00 impreza turbo 2000 on a v plate
we are both looking to increase the horsepower of our vehicles starting with his as he only drives his at weekend so we have time to get his done

his current modifications are
HKS PANEL FILTER
HKS HIPER MUFFLER CATBACK exhaust
bailey dump Valve

we have just purchased a TD05 turbo charger and a version 5 STI top mount intercooler to fit
just need to get an uprated fuel pump and then have it mapped by alan jeffs @ enginetuner
are there any other parts we will need before it is mapped to accompany the turbo and cooler apart from the fuel pump??
what sort of power would he be looking at with that combination??

You'll need to get rid of the cat/cats (not sure how many on a classic) before you do anything else. Either decat or sportcat for mot legal. This will give you more airflow and give you the full performance benefit on remap. With the uprated intercooler, turbo you're definately going to need new fuel injectors. I think yours are 380cc, most recomend 550cc pinks from sti's. With all this 300+bhp.

scooby_matt 12 September 2008 12:43 PM

I'm pretty sure MY00 have 440 injectors, so will be ok to 320-330 bhp ish

El Cat 12 September 2008 12:58 PM

only cat left is the main on in downpipe
injectors in MY00 are 440's
what sort of BHP wil it put out with the main cat left in and how much difference will it make removing it??

martwrxsl 12 September 2008 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by El Cat (Post 8127388)
only cat left is the main on in downpipe
injectors in MY00 are 440's
what sort of BHP wil it put out with the main cat left in and how much difference will it make removing it??

The d/p is very restrictive cat. Probably be worth another 20-30 bhp after remap.

martwrxsl 12 September 2008 01:19 PM

Not just that but better turbo spool and more torque. :thumb:

phil739 12 September 2008 01:25 PM

3 port boost solinoid

Coffin Dodger 12 September 2008 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by martwrxsl (Post 8127416)
The d/p is very restrictive cat. Probably be worth another 20-30 bhp after remap.

It's not just the cat in the standard downpipe.... The flange that attaches it to the turbo has no outlet for the wastegate so the gasses coming out just hit a solid barrier then have to find there way out of the exhaust with the main gas flow. Creates a lot of turbulence and upsets the flow. Also with bigger turbo / high boost you won't be able to flow enough through the wastegate and you'll end up with surge / overboost.

Change the downpipe for one with an open neck and a sports cat fitted if you want to stay legal or full de-cat if you don't.

El Cat 12 September 2008 01:35 PM

how much is a three port boost solenoid??