ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ouch!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/711769-ouch.html)

SteveScooby 12 September 2008 11:26 AM

Ouch!!!!

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Footage shows boy hit by bus

:eek2:

davegtt 12 September 2008 11:29 AM

What a dime bar. What I find funny is that he was jumping over the fence with a few other people. Apart from one of them they all turned around and wandered away like they were embarressed to be associated with him or something LOL.

Dave Bullock 12 September 2008 11:31 AM

Very lucky to be alive that plonker! Almost went under the wheels!!

Don't think the bus driver reacted quickly enough either. No brake lights until after he'd hit the kid. Don't know what the visibility is like driving a bus so may be wrong on that score.

Dave.

Midlife...... 12 September 2008 11:31 AM

This happed just up the road from me in Dumfries and was reported on the local news a few days ago.

He didn't get run over by the bus (luckily) as his foot hit the top of the railings and he fell short of the bus, missing the wheels by a matter of inches......one very lucky lad

Shaun

Zammo McGuire 12 September 2008 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 8127166)
What a dime bar.

I haven't heard that expression for ages! :luxhello: :lol1:

MrNoisy 12 September 2008 12:04 PM

lol - what a tool!

J4CKO 12 September 2008 12:12 PM

How close was that to his (limited) brains on the road.

I reckon he was just being a typical, double hard Scot, "See that Bus there, Im a gonna chin the cheeky fcker"

gaz-cole 12 September 2008 12:29 PM

maybe he will use the crossing next time?

warrenm2 12 September 2008 01:16 PM

could have been a darwin award winner

LG John 12 September 2008 01:26 PM

Don't think the bus driver reacted quickly enough either.
WTF!!!!! Do you have any concept at all of a) human reaction time b) how long it takes to get from an accelerator to a brake.

Only in the UK/USA could the general public somehow find a way to levy blame at the bus driver for this.

GC8 12 September 2008 01:34 PM

Buses and lorries dont stop like cars either: a common mistake made by foolish car drivers (and especially van and 4x4 drivers, used to bullying people out of the way: they usually get squashed).

andys 12 September 2008 01:44 PM

bet the insurance claim form is going to be interesting

Jerome 12 September 2008 01:54 PM

Ditto comments from Saxo Boy and GC8.

There was no way that bus could have stopped any quicker. Also bear in mind that the driver has to consider passengers on the bus when stopping quickly.

unclebuck 12 September 2008 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by SteveScooby (Post 8127157)

Actually shows a Bus being hit by a dumbass. Typical liberal leftie headline though, trying to make it sound like the bus driver was at fault.

BLU 12 September 2008 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Bullock (Post 8127173)

Don't think the bus driver reacted quickly enough either. No brake lights until after he'd hit the kid.

Dave.

Think you'll find the boy hit the bus if you watch it closely, not the other way around. Considering (IMO) the boy hit the side of the bus I thought the driver responded VERY quickly indeed. Had the boy been 1 second earlier he would have hit the front of the bus and inevitably gone under. VERY STUPID BOY but also VERY VERY LUCKY!

mart360 12 September 2008 02:08 PM

Saw that last week, although the vid said he was killed.

clearly one lucky kid

Mart

SWRTWannabe 12 September 2008 08:02 PM

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before some plonker decides that the way forward is a 20mph speed limit there :rolleyes:

what would scooby do 12 September 2008 08:54 PM

Shame he's never been struck by an ounce of intelligence !

BLU 13 September 2008 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 8128530)
Shame he's never been struck by an ounce of intelligence !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trucker Ted 13 September 2008 12:03 PM

Why jump a 4 1/2 foot railing when there is a crossing 20 feet away. This boy will never be as lucky again in his life, as for the driver of the bus, well he would likely have been looking at the crossing ,where sensible people were waiting at the crossing. This almost looks like someone trying to kill themselves!! Just hope the wee tw*t has learnt his lesson.

Removed. 13 September 2008 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Trucker Ted (Post 8129387)
as for the driver of the bus, well he would likely have been looking at the crossing

Exactly, I don't know about you, but when driving through a crossing like that, my eyes are on the lights, the traffic in front and the pedestrians at the side, not checking for 1 in umpteen billion chance that there will be some Kamikhaze school kid, stuntman/parkour wannabe trying to clear the railings in one jump. Average reaction time is 0.4 secs I believe, so that's 44 feet at 30 MPH, so even IF the driver started reacting as the kid started to vault the fence, the bus would of travelled 44 feet before the brakes came on. Even at 20 MPH it's 29 feet. However there are a large number of scientific studies that show that real life reaction to emergencies or unexpected situations in front of a vehicle, where the driver has multiple auditory and visual stimuli, such as traffic, passengers, music etc is in the region of around 1.5 seconds, which equates to 120 feet at 20 MPH!

Kieran_Burns 13 September 2008 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Bullock (Post 8127173)

Don't think the bus driver reacted quickly enough either. No brake lights until after he'd hit the kid. Don't know what the visibility is like driving a bus so may be wrong on that score.

Dave.

Go look at the video more closely.

The tw... ars.... fuc.... little angel headbutted the bus at 00:06 seconds and the brake lights are on at 00:06.

I'm not entirely sure HOW much quicker the driver could've been. Would you like prescience a requirement for all bus drivers now?

Oh, and take a look at the other little angel walking down the cycle lane on the wrong side of the barrier just before el-dirt bag swan dives it.

Removed. 13 September 2008 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 8129502)
Would you like prescience a requirement for all bus drivers now?

Oy, stop using big words, that's a typical tool of the ruling classes, trying to demean and belittle the proletariat. It is anachronistic that such an egalitarian tool as the Internet is used in such an elitist way.:D

Kieran_Burns 13 September 2008 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunky (Post 8129524)
Oy, stop using big words, that's a typical tool of the ruling classes, trying to demean and belittle the proletariat. It is anachronistic that such an egalitarian tool as the Internet is used in such an elitist way.:D

Get back in your hole and shut up. ;)

Abdabz 13 September 2008 01:44 PM

The kid might have been running away from a history lesson or a fat bird who wanted to kiss him in which case his actions are fully understandable.

I feel sorry firstly for the bus driver whom will have to clean the boys snot, blood and spittle from the side of his lovely bus and secondly for the boys mother who will have to wash the lads very very soiled pants!

GC8 13 September 2008 01:59 PM

Perhaps only people with appropriate licences/experience should comment?

Abdabz 13 September 2008 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8129545)
Perhaps only people with appropriate licences/experience should comment?

Nope, it's a forum on the internet. I propose that with that in mind, all people regardless of licences/experience should be able to comment :idea:
If we went down the path of only allowing people with the appropriate experiences and licenses comment on all threads on this forum it would be as quiet as a Helen Keller monologue.... :brickwall

GC8 13 September 2008 02:13 PM

You know what I mean.

Abdabz 13 September 2008 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8129562)
You know what I mean.

Indeed I do my Yorkshire chum, hence my previous postable.

Removed. 13 September 2008 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 8129528)
Get back in your hole and shut up. ;)

:D Yes Boss!:D