ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Dam thing (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/711659-dam-thing.html)

sti-chris 11 September 2008 06:33 PM

Dam thing

Guys Help !!

Yonks ago i took out my standard subaru cd player double din unit.
I fitted a new head unit and all went in well. i have found that my radio reception is utter dire since the change over. :wonder:

What i do know is

The antenna connection is connected , i know this as i removed the stereo a few times just to convince my self.

As i don't have a visible antenna i think that the antenna is built into my rear window just above the heating elements in the back glass.

i want to try and check out the coax connection from the front to the back for continuity.

what side does the coax cable run down and will i need to remove the head cloth to find the connections.

Any help will be great , as sometimes my ideas can go pete tong !!

Regards in advance

Chris.

sti-chris 12 September 2008 02:02 AM

Oh guys your my only hope without me wrecking stuff and exploring head lining.

who knows anything about the radio antenna in a newage .
where is it ... where does the coax go ??

anyone replaced a rear window they would have come across this...

phil_wrx 12 September 2008 04:01 AM

dont think it is ur ariel mate i have the exact same problem, think it needs a signal booster

casseysmith 12 September 2008 05:24 AM

Yes, think it as single booster.Don't treat as your Ariel.
=======================

casseysmith

Auto Auctions

vindaloo 12 September 2008 11:31 AM

Not - Ariel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But - Aerial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:)

Anyway, enough grammar etc....

Likely the original HU had a signal booster built in to it or the loom fed power to a booster. Starting looking @ aftermarket boosters. Try to find the smallest that will do the job as it's another black box to squirrel away amongst the jungle behind the dash.

J.

Removed. 12 September 2008 02:33 PM

There's a booster powered by the HU, when I changed mine out, the adapter cable was already wired correctly. Check in the ICE section, vaguely remember something about a blue wire:wonder: Think it's in the double din fitting thread/sticky.

sti-chris 12 September 2008 06:02 PM

Chunky Dunky one day you will rule the world m8 , well almost !!

Connected the 2 blue's on the remote this also was a switching wire for the antenna booster/amplifier.

All is well and normality is restored. and Radio 1 works again !!

Thanks fellas pat yourself's on the back and seen as it's friday have a good weekend.

Regards Chris

Removed. 12 September 2008 10:24 PM

No problem mate, happy to help, glad the fluff collecting in the back of me noggin was useful:thumb:

Ticks 1st item off the list of 500 steps to rule the world:D