ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wireless burglar alarm (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/711514-wireless-burglar-alarm.html)

bob r 10 September 2008 10:24 PM

Wireless burglar alarm

Are the wireless burglar alarms any good?
The market is flooded with them at the moment which would suggest they are ok.

Has anyone any experience of them?

Thanks

zip106 10 September 2008 10:55 PM

I had one fitted about 2 years ago.

It was fitted by a proper alarm company and up to now I've only had a problem with the back door sensor.
It's been replaced and now works ok.

Obviously it takes about half the time to fit and hardly any disruption to carpets/floors etc.

There are just a couple of cables from the main control panel that go to the keypad and a cable from the control panel up to the bell box outside.
Really the only things that are wireless are the room sensors.

Mine has an option fitted that will ring my mobile if the alarm is activated so I can make a quick dash home with my baseball bat ;)

Overall I'm quite impressed with it but I have been told the batteries for the sensors are fairly pricey and last on average 3 years-ish.

Are you planning a DIY fit?
I'd thought about it but wanted to make certain I wouldn't get false alarms so entrusted a quality firm to do it.
Not cheap, but it gives us peace of mind.

HTH a bit :thumb:

Butty 10 September 2008 10:57 PM

If you mean an alarm that doesn't get any faults or false alarm then I fitted a Visonic Powermax+ just to the garage to complement the original hard wired house system and has been fine.
Due to poorly thought out design of the hard wired system, the Visionic has had sensors and trips added to very easily by myself.

Nick

speye91 10 September 2008 11:53 PM

Had mine for over a year now,completly wireless,including bellbox.Easy enough to install yourself,and also has an autodialer.Never had no problems so far.

scoobyvirgin 11 September 2008 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by speye91 (Post 8124229)
Had mine for over a year now,completly wireless,including bellbox.Easy enough to install yourself,and also has an autodialer.Never had no problems so far.

So how many problems have you had with it? ;)

bob r 11 September 2008 02:42 PM

Anyone else?

Dr.No 11 September 2008 06:47 PM

Anyone got pet friendly wireless PIRs???

Would go for a wireless system but can't find any that have adjustable or pet-friendly PIRs...

DN

speye91 11 September 2008 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.No (Post 8125938)

Would go for a wireless system but can't find any that have adjustable or pet-friendly PIRs...

DN

i JUST PART ARM THE HOUSE,AS I HAVE SENSORS ON THE DOORS AND WINDOWS.

Leaving the animals to roam,without setting off the pir's

Butty 11 September 2008 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.No (Post 8125938)

DN

The Visonic ones work very well with our cats.

nick

RJM25R 12 September 2008 08:18 AM

I've got a Yale one, self fit from BandQ, flawless for last 9 months.

Recommended

BlkKnight 12 September 2008 09:07 AM

got the BT VP1000, hooks into your phone system & calls / text you when it gors off

Spec'c'57 12 September 2008 09:22 AM

We have one also. just covers all doors/windows and a PIR in the kitchen but not one in the lounge as have the parrots in there. Do have another PIR still not sure where to fit that yet. maybe go in the garage at some point.