ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   ESC Tunnel Run V ~ 25th October (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/710642-esc-tunnel-run-v-25th-october.html)

Milamber 06 September 2008 08:45 PM

ESC Tunnel Run V ~ 25th October

OK this is it the official thread for THE event on the ESC calendar

It's time for the fifth annual ESC Tunnel Run

If you've never been before it is one of the biggest events of the year and last year we had Scooby owners from as far afield as Cornwall, Cumbria and Birmingham

Last year we had over 200 cars and the event was covered by Total Impreza magazine. Thanks to everyones generous contributions we raised £1,086.18 for ESSEX AIR AMBULANCE

We will be collecting again and hope to beat that figure this time around

We take in the dartford tunnel, limehouse link and blackwall tunnel. A quick stop at McDonalds and then back again.

Bring a map because someone gets lost every year

A route will be posted shortly.........

Book your travellodge early for cheap rates.

Hope to have some Time Attack cars with us this year to look at up close.

Whose coming then?

maydew 07 September 2008 04:21 PM

added my name mate + sticker

wozzaa 08 September 2008 09:15 PM

Pre order your stickers here: https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...-stickers.html

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...N2008final.jpg

maydew 08 September 2008 09:27 PM

looking good mate , i have added my name

White ST 08 September 2008 10:03 PM

off topic, scott i saw you in pallex the other week gave you a wave but notsure if you could see me over the steering wheel lol i was in one of my small vans

as for the tunnel run if i still have my car i will be up for it again

maydew 08 September 2008 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by White ST (Post 8119367)
off topic, scott i saw you in pallex the other week gave you a wave but notsure if you could see me over the steering wheel lol i was in one of my small vans

as for the tunnel run if i still have my car i will be up for it again

i thought it was you but didnt realise till i got to the gate house lol thought it was just some mad man waving at me lol,what a hole that place is lol

get your name mate gotta be worth keeping the car for :thumb:

White ST 10 September 2008 03:33 PM

lol the women that owns that place was on that secret millonaire lastnite, there tryin to extend the same size again!!

Maydew
White ST (possibly)

wazo'swrx 11 September 2008 07:20 PM

tunnel run

Right this is where i take over the Midlands Tunnel Run section ......Each year ive organised this to meet in northampton and have a slow drive down to meet the ESSEX SCOOBY CREW . The meeting place is the services on the M1 j15a and the time is between 4pm and leave at 5pm giving us pleanty of time to get to thurrock services picking up people on the way. I will start a list on here and then add to the main list later .This event is not to be missed and first timers are more than welcome.

1 , wazo's wrx ( 2 stickers )

Milamber 11 September 2008 07:36 PM

Wayhay Wazo's back :notworthy

Glad to have you back on board fella :thumb: :thumb:

maydew 11 September 2008 09:51 PM

nice one wazo see u down there

billsandhu 11 September 2008 10:12 PM

WAZO!!!!!!! DUDE!!!! Where have you been? As you have taken over, I will be there.

Milamber 17 September 2008 05:33 PM

back up

F1 CJE UK 19 September 2008 08:50 PM

sounds good will have to check back closer to the time

aez 20 September 2008 08:39 AM

Yes wazo good to have you back put my name down 2 mate :thumb:

Milamber 20 September 2008 12:01 PM

Done

Milamber 22 September 2008 09:31 PM

I have prepared an itinery route for TomTom users. Just load it up to the itn folder and it will then take you seamlessly to each waypoint.

No excuses for getting lost now.

PM me with your email address if you want a copy.

maydew 22 September 2008 09:42 PM

nice one mate pm sent

Milamber 22 September 2008 10:02 PM

make sure you test it and know how to set it up before the night.

If this works we may well pop back into london for tunnel run VI.

I also have a garmin one but Bri4n couldn't get it to work on his....

Milamber 26 September 2008 01:34 PM

Tunnel Run V Route

• Meet at Costco’s Car Park @ 8.30 p.m. (Junction 30 - M25). West Thurrock Way
West Thurrock Essex RM20 3WY

• Leave Costco @ 9.30 p.m. and join M25 towards Dartford Crossing. (IF the bridge is closed we then go around the roundabout underneath the M25 and head in the opposite direction to the A13/M25 junction. Go all the way round that roundabout and rejoin the M25 going in the direction of the bridge again. This will lead us through the tunnel instead. )

• Through tolls (pay £1-00) and continue M25 to junction 2 (A2 Junction)

• After the tolls the road goes into 4 lanes – keep in the first two lanes, following the signs for A2 London / Canterbury, Junction 2

• Ignore the turning for Dartford A225 (Junction 1b )

• Keep in the inner 2 lanes – follow A2 LONDON, keeping in the right hand lane when appropriate

• Keep in the right hand lane as you approach the roundabout

• At the traffic lights on the roundabout, keep in the right hand lane, but when you drive round the roundabout keep to the left, following signs for BEXLEYHEATH

• Go thru the 2nd set of lights then into the left hand lane through the 3rd set of lights taking the exit A2 LONDON

• Now a 50mph speed limit – please do not exceed the speed limit as the A2 is full of speed cameras!

• After 8.6miles of the journey, get into the outer 2 lanes

Speed Camera after 9.2miles

Another Speed Camera after 10.5miles

• Make sure you keep to the middle and outside lane, as the inside lane filters off the local traffic for most of the journey

Speed Camera at 11.9miles (behind the green sign)

Speed Camera at 12.4miles (behind green sign)

• (Speed limit is still 50mph)

Speed Camera 13.2miles, just after the 2nd bridge

Speed Camera at 14.9miles (on the central reservation)

• At roundabout, follow road round to the right and go through the lights; road then goes into 2 lanes

• Follow the signs for Blackwall Tunnel

• Keep on the road and follow signs for DOCKLANDS/BLACKWALL TUNNEL – keep on the road, do not turn off yet

Speed camera at 16.4miles

• Keep following the signs for Docklands / Blackwall Tunnel

• Stay in the 3 outside lanes

• Speed limit changes to 30mph on the bridge - move into the inside lane

BLACKWALL TUNNEL – make sure you keep in the inside lane as you will be turning left immediately you exit the tunnel. If you ignore this instruction then you are on your own! Set your sat nav to find the Mcdonald's Restaurant
2 Trafalgar Way
Aspen Way
Billingsgate,
London,
E14 5SP

• We then take the first exit at the end of the tunnel. Keep to the inside 2 lanes on this road.

• Turn left at the lights into Cotton Street signposted Excel

• At roundabout, take the right hand lane through the lights, then take the exit just after McDonalds (Aspen Way)

• Get into right hand lane – 40mph speed limit

• Follow signs for Tower Bridge / Wapping – 30mph speed limit

• LIMEHOUSE LINK - this tunnel has speed cameras high up on the wall –30mph speed limit

• Take right hand lane as you immediately come out of the tunnel – turn onto Butcher’s Row

• Keep in right hand lane (The White Swan should be on your right hand side) – turn right onto Commercial Road and stay in the right hand lane after turning

• Keep in right hand lane as you go under the bridge

• At the lights take the right hand turn to go to the Rotherhithe Tunnel – keep in the right hand lane as it goes into a narrow width restriction road

20mph speed limit in the Rotherhithe Tunnel – speed camera as you exit the tunnel

• At the roundabout, go into the right hand lane, going all the way round the roundabout and back into the Rotherhithe tunnel – remember 20mph speed limit!

Camera just before you enter the tunnel

• As you exit the tunnel, go through the 1st set of lights, keeping in the left hand lane. Basically head back on yourself.

• 2nd traffic lights, keep in the left lane, turning left onto Commercial Road

• Stay in left hand lane and at the traffic lights turn left into Butchers Row

• At traffic lights turn left (onto The Highway) back into the Limehouse Link

30mph in tunnel – cameras in the tunnel

• In tunnel, follow signs for Tilbury / Royal Docks (Basically stay on the main carriageway)

McDONALDS REGROUP

• Now 40mph - once out of the tunnel get into the left hand lane following the signpost Isle of Dogs / Canary Wharf / A102

• Take the slip road and get into the right hand lane on the slip road

• At roundabout go all the way round, exiting at McDonalds to re-group

• Upon leaving McDonalds at the big roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Apsen Way, signposted Tilbury / Excel

• Keep in the RIGHT hand lane and continue through the underpass. (signposted A13)

• Rejoin the A13. Warning, plenty of speed Cameras along this stretch.

• At the Lodge Avenue Flyover, keep in the two outside lanes

Camera after the flyover

• Keep on A13, signposted Tilbury / Dartford Crossing

• Take the slip road signposted Dartford Crossing

• At the roundabout take the 3rd exit, keeping in the right hand lane as you take the slip road

• Go through the DARTFORD TUNNEL - £1.00 required

• Go through the tolls and head towards A2 – keep in the left hand lane for A225 Dartford (junction 1b)

• Take the slip road of Dartford A225, keeping in the right hand lane on the slip road

• At the roundabout take the 4th exit back onto the M25

• Go back through the tolls and into the DARTFORD TUNNEL – another £1.00 needed

• Then head back to Lakeside Services

Hurrah, you have now completed Tunnel Run V!!!! :luxhello: :luxhello:

maydew 27 September 2008 08:32 PM

loaded that file onto my tom tom works a treat,nice one

Milamber 28 September 2008 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by maydew (Post 8161043)
loaded that file onto my tom tom works a treat,nice one

Great :thumb:

wimpy 29 September 2008 01:43 PM

WAZO.
How you doing mate. The Bucks Scooby Crew will be at South Mimms as normal if you are up for joining us for the run over to Essex. We will be at South Mimms for 18:45/19:00 and will leave at 19:15 to head to essex, taking in 2 warm up tunnels on the way.

Hope to see you there
Iain

wazo'swrx 30 September 2008 03:55 PM

WIMPY

SEE YA THERE .....:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: .

Milamber 01 October 2008 08:34 AM

Thurrock Services to Costco

WRX101 01 October 2008 05:23 PM

Awesome! I will be coming again this year so count me in please! Hope to meet you at J15 this time, was running a bit late last year lol. :thumb:

wazo'swrx 01 October 2008 08:48 PM

Better late than never .....lol:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Milamber 05 October 2008 08:14 PM

Route has changed. Those of you who requested a tomtom file have been sent the replacement...

Firstly, we are no longer meeting at the Thurrock services. We are meeting at Costco car park. Here is a map of how to get to Costco from the services...

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...o-costco-1.jpg

or street view

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...to-costco2.jpg

ALSO we are taking a different route to the M25. Only 1 set of lights this time so hopefully we won't get split up so badly from the start....

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...nel-costco.jpg

• Meet at Costco’s Car Park @ 8.30 p.m. (Junction 30 - M25). West Thurrock Way
West Thurrock Essex RM20 3WY

Leave Costco @ 9.30 p.m. and at roundabout turn RIGHT (3rd Exit) onto B186. At next Roundabout take 2nd Exit onto A126. Follow this all the way to the end. Take 1st exit onto A13 and keep in left lane. Take 1st exit and then keep to the right so you join the M25.

• Through tolls (pay £1-00) and continue M25 to junction 2 (A2 Junction)

• After the tolls the road goes into 4 lanes – keep in the first two lanes, following the signs for A2 London / Canterbury, Junction 2

• Ignore the turning for Dartford A225 (Junction 1b )

• Keep in the inner 2 lanes – follow A2 LONDON, keeping in the right hand lane when appropriate

• Keep in the right hand lane as you approach the roundabout

• At the traffic lights on the roundabout, keep in the right hand lane, but when you drive round the roundabout keep to the left, following signs for BEXLEYHEATH

• Go thru the 2nd set of lights then into the left hand lane through the 3rd set of lights taking the exit A2 LONDON

• Now a 50mph speed limit – please do not exceed the speed limit as the A2 is full of speed cameras!

• After 8.6miles of the journey, get into the outer 2 lanes

Speed Camera after 9.2miles

Another Speed Camera after 10.5miles

• Make sure you keep to the middle and outside lane, as the inside lane filters off the local traffic for most of the journey

Speed Camera at 11.9miles (behind the green sign)

Speed Camera at 12.4miles (behind green sign)

• (Speed limit is still 50mph)

Speed Camera 13.2miles, just after the 2nd bridge

Speed Camera at 14.9miles (on the central reservation)

• At roundabout, follow road round to the right and go through the lights; road then goes into 2 lanes

• Follow the signs for Blackwall Tunnel

• Keep on the road and follow signs for DOCKLANDS/BLACKWALL TUNNEL – keep on the road, do not turn off yet

Speed camera at 16.4miles

• Keep following the signs for Docklands / Blackwall Tunnel

• Stay in the 3 outside lanes

• Speed limit changes to 30mph on the bridge - move into the inside lane

BLACKWALL TUNNEL – make sure you keep in the inside lane as you will be turning left immediately you exit the tunnel. If you ignore this instruction then you are on your own! Set your sat nav to find the Mcdonald's Restaurant
2 Trafalgar Way
Aspen Way
Billingsgate,
London,
E14 5SP

• We then take the first exit at the end of the tunnel. Keep to the inside 2 lanes on this road.

• Turn left at the lights into Cotton Street signposted Excel

• At roundabout, take the right hand lane through the lights, then take the exit just after McDonalds (Aspen Way)

• Get into right hand lane – 40mph speed limit

• Follow signs for Tower Bridge / Wapping – 30mph speed limit

• LIMEHOUSE LINK - this tunnel has speed cameras high up on the wall –30mph speed limit

• Take right hand lane as you immediately come out of the tunnel – turn onto Butcher’s Row

• Keep in right hand lane (The White Swan should be on your right hand side) – turn right onto Commercial Road and stay in the right hand lane after turning

• Keep in right hand lane as you go under the bridge

• At the lights take the right hand turn to go to the Rotherhithe Tunnel – keep in the right hand lane as it goes into a narrow width restriction road

20mph speed limit in the Rotherhithe Tunnel – speed camera as you exit the tunnel

• At the roundabout, go into the right hand lane, going all the way round the roundabout and back into the Rotherhithe tunnel – remember 20mph speed limit!

Camera just before you enter the tunnel

• As you exit the tunnel, go through the 1st set of lights, keeping in the left hand lane. Basically head back on yourself.

• 2nd traffic lights, keep in the left lane, turning left onto Commercial Road

• Stay in left hand lane and at the traffic lights turn left into Butchers Row

• At traffic lights turn left (onto The Highway) back into the Limehouse Link

30mph in tunnel – cameras in the tunnel

• In tunnel, follow signs for Tilbury / Royal Docks (Basically stay on the main carriageway)

McDONALDS REGROUP

• Now 40mph - once out of the tunnel get into the left hand lane following the signpost Isle of Dogs / Canary Wharf / A102

• Take the slip road and get into the right hand lane on the slip road

• At roundabout go all the way round, exiting at McDonalds to re-group

• Upon leaving McDonalds at the big roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Apsen Way, signposted Tilbury / Excel

• Keep in the RIGHT hand lane and continue through the underpass. (signposted A13)

• Rejoin the A13. Warning, plenty of speed Cameras along this stretch.

• At the Lodge Avenue Flyover, keep in the two outside lanes

Camera after the flyover

• Keep on A13, signposted Tilbury / Dartford Crossing

• Take the slip road signposted Dartford Crossing

• At the roundabout take the 3rd exit, keeping in the right hand lane as you take the slip road

• Go through the DARTFORD TUNNEL - £1.00 required

• Go through the tolls and head towards A2 – keep in the left hand lane for A225 Dartford (junction 1b)

• Take the slip road of Dartford A225, keeping in the right hand lane on the slip road

• At the roundabout take the 4th exit back onto the M25

• Go back through the tolls and into the DARTFORD TUNNEL – another £1.00 needed

• Then head back to Lakeside Services

Hurrah, you have now completed Tunnel Run V!!!!

maydew 05 October 2008 08:19 PM

got it cheers mate

Andy T 16 October 2008 03:59 PM

Hello Waz, long time no see mate.
Put us down for this one please bud.
Will now track down the stickers...............

wazo'swrx 16 October 2008 11:02 PM

tunnel run

OI OI Andy T , ive lost track of putting names down they seem to dissapeer over night ..lol just turn up at J15a services between 4 - and leaving at 5pm. have a word and try and get some more northampton people to come .... you know this is not to be missed ..:norty: :norty: :norty: