ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Medway tunnel (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/710634-medway-tunnel.html)

Flib 06 September 2008 08:36 PM

Medway tunnel

Blue stickered up new age. number plate ending in WRC about 12:15, sounded lovely i was behind you in the white classic ra

s1lko 07 September 2008 08:58 PM

It wasn't me but, as a newbie, i thought I'd show my face anyway. I'll keep an eye out for you, I'm from Rainham way...

dazzlers82 07 September 2008 09:08 PM

what car you got silko im around sittingbourne way if you come around that area at all:thumb: welcome to snet by the way

Flib 07 September 2008 09:52 PM

i only live about 2 mins from the tunnel. and often i feel drawn to it :lol1:

dazzlers82 07 September 2008 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Flib (Post 8116809)

lol i bet you do :norty:

s1lko 08 September 2008 12:58 PM

Mine's a JDM MY98 Wagon (280ps) in Mica Blue.

Pretty standard to look at, apart from crystal lights up front and STi clusters at the rear.

Oh, and a bright red Santa Cruz (old skateboard brand) sticker in the rear window. It's strange how we spend so much on our cars, yet that sticker gets more attention than anything else.

So, anyone else from Kent want to show their faces?

20withascooby 08 September 2008 03:38 PM

maidstone here mate

20withascooby 08 September 2008 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Flib (Post 8116809)

i live in maidstone and i feel drawn to it too sumtimes lol

mervil 08 September 2008 04:35 PM

I used to be based in Chatham and have on numerous occasions been drawn to it :D Not sure why though :lol1:

j-k 08 September 2008 05:21 PM

your man in the newage ending WRC passed me on the wainscott bypass on friday....gave a toot and a wave...wouldnt normally mind but i was stranded on the hard shoulder broken down in the rally car!!!

BTW im from Upchurch

jon

s1lko 08 September 2008 06:21 PM

What do you drive? I work in Maidstone, so spend half my life queueing along Royal Engineers Way :(

I would be drawn to the Medway Tunnel (might be something to do with the toxic waste they built St Mary's Island on) if I didn't have a pea-shooter for an exhaust.

Fat Boi Mike 08 September 2008 09:14 PM

Hi gents, I bought my car in January from a lovely young lady who lived in Gravesend. Just wondered if any of you recognise the car? Black bugeye, view the scoob.

Sorry, just wanted to be a part of this to! That blackwall tunnel is pretty good, would be now I have the Blitz on. Its awesome!!

See ya gents

Flib 08 September 2008 09:36 PM

thats a mighty nice bugeye you`ve got there mike. looks great all in black!

Fat Boi Mike 09 September 2008 07:19 PM

Cheers there young Flib, was well pleased when I got it, a seriously paranoid owner hence the biggest list of servicing you have ever seen. Cambelt change at 35k!? Nice..

Thanks pal.

Oh and what do you think to the lightened flywheel? Which weight did you go for? Im thinking of doing the clutch and flywheel but have some doubts..

Flib 09 September 2008 07:52 PM

The flywheel was already on the car when i bought it, it had just had a engine rebuild at API and they were fitted at the same time, dont know what weight it is but i`m guessing its just a slighty skimmed standard one as it dosnt feel much different to my old RA, and the exedy clutch is just as light as a standard one

Andy

chris dt 09 September 2008 08:23 PM

gravesend here.ive a white type r.

saw mister wrc with the shark fin rar spoiler the other day at hoo dual c/w.

flash and a wave.

chris dt 09 September 2008 08:24 PM

BTW medway tunnel mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

APIDavid 10 September 2008 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Flib (Post 8121551)
The flywheel was already on the car when i bought it, it had just had a engine rebuild at API and they were fitted at the same time, dont know what weight it is but i`m guessing its just a slighty skimmed standard one as it dosnt feel much different to my old RA, and the exedy clutch is just as light as a standard one

Andy

Our flywheels weight around 7 Kg's which is 3.7 Kg's down from one version and 5.2 from the other. The difference is most noticeable when you are the regular driver of the car and have it uprated then. You would notice the better spool up most when not concentrating and just suddenly decide to go for a gap, without preparing for it.

Then it is quite noticeable, but I do agree, unless you have the before and after there is no way to compare.

Good Luck David APi

Agents for Simtek, the most exciting new Ecu for years

Flib 11 September 2008 06:46 PM

ah interesting! thanks for that david :)

20withascooby 12 September 2008 11:09 AM

shud do a medway city tunnel run lol

s1lko 12 September 2008 11:15 AM

I'll have to let others provide the exhaust note - I'll supply the bass :eek:

20withascooby 12 September 2008 11:17 AM

lol wt exhaust u got

s1lko 12 September 2008 11:46 AM

Stock twin peashooter!

Although I'm considerin a TSL Group N. Most of my miles are spent on the M2 or Bluebell Hill, so don't really want anything that will drone.

20withascooby 12 September 2008 12:06 PM

get a nur spec r m8 there not too loud

s1lko 12 September 2008 12:17 PM

I could just get a recording of one and play it through my stereo on a constant loop.

Or maybe not...

psigeek 12 September 2008 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by s1lko (Post 8117915)
Mine's a JDM MY98 Wagon (280ps) in Mica Blue.
So, anyone else from Kent want to show their faces?

Work in Maidstone, live in Chatham. Hopefully see you around :thumb:

20withascooby 12 September 2008 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by psigeek (Post 8127290)
Work in Maidstone, live in Chatham. Hopefully see you around :thumb:

do u work nearly opposite a motorbike shop in a furniture shop???

CDF Racing 12 September 2008 12:57 PM

Go through the tunnel every day :thumb:

psigeek 12 September 2008 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by 20withascooby (Post 8127377)
do u work nearly opposite a motorbike shop in a furniture shop???

Nay not me. I actually work for the old Bill, as a CSI :thumb:

Fat Boi Mike 13 September 2008 03:00 AM

Well gents, I have just swapped my TSL Group N backbox for a Blitz Nur Spec.

The TSL was spot on, lovely burble to it, but not so intrusive as to annoy. The Blitz is louder when the revs are low, but once they pick up, its not much different to the TSL, and quieter when the bung is in.

Ill sell the TSL cheap as chips if your interested s1lko.. or anyone else, any questions please ask.

Love the new Blitz, cant recommend it enough if you like it deep and aggressive. No rude coments please..