ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Help HELP fitting a Bee R Rev limiter to an STI8 Type UK (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/709919-help-help-fitting-a-bee-r-rev-limiter-to-an-sti8-type-uk.html)

Harryr34 03 September 2008 03:46 PM

Help HELP fitting a Bee R Rev limiter to an STI8 Type UK

Hi,

I have bought a Bee R Powerbuilder rev limiter for my Impreza STI 8 Type UK.

I need the diagram for the ECU pin outs, I was wondering if anybody has the diagram or knows where i can get one from?

Thankyou
Harry

Harryr34 03 September 2008 04:25 PM

I have a diagram for the ECU pinouts, according to the instructions supplied with the Bee R limiter I need to connect one wire to the "Cam angle sensor" and the other wire to the "tacho signal"

Is there only one camshaft sensor on the engine?
I can't see a pin out for the tacho signal on the diagram! There is a pinout for the speed signal, is that the same as a tacho signal?

The diagram is located here:http://www.northursalia.com/modifica...04_STi_ECU.pdf

Thanks
Harry

Harryr34 03 September 2008 08:19 PM

btt

DaveBeck 03 September 2008 08:38 PM

yhpm

Harryr34 03 September 2008 09:54 PM

Thanks for the help mate, i was lost :lol1: should be fitted very very soon :lol:

ScoobyDoo69 27 June 2010 08:56 PM

Thread resurrection!

Harry,

Obviously I bought this from you a while ago now. When you had it on the car, did it pop and bang like you see in all the youtube videos? Mine doesn't seem to do any banging with it at all.. had it fitted for a while, and have been using it for the launch control which builds good boost, however I can sometimes get it to rev past the set limit :confused: Maybe DaveBeck can also help?

Fitted it with your ECU diagram too, got it in my hands as we speak :D

DaveBeck 27 June 2010 09:01 PM

mine always reved past set level mate. It will only pop whilst driving i found

drive in 3rd at 2500rpm and turn on the bee and set it to 2000rpm put foot slowly on accelerator and it should give off shotgun loud bangs

ive deleted my info i had as i got rid of it as it caused engine failure

ScoobyDoo69 28 June 2010 04:35 PM

It caused the engine failure??! How so? :(

DaveBeck 28 June 2010 08:01 PM

bang bang bang .............tap tap tap bottom end. Happened as it was popping

ScoobyDoo69 28 June 2010 11:23 PM

Sheesh, were you battering it off the limiter for a while? I've only ever done short bursts for launch control..

DaveBeck 28 June 2010 11:36 PM

no mate ive never used it as a rev limiter at high revs.

mine always reved past set level mate. It will only pop whilst driving i found

drive in 3rd at 2500rpm and turn on the bee and set it to 2000rpm put foot slowly on accelerator and it should give off shotgun loud bangs

i was pulling up to a rounderbout with it banging in 3rd. Hard to describe unless actually seeing it.

I never used it as a launch control device

ScoobyDoo69 28 June 2010 11:47 PM

Right well that's frightened me somewhat! Might be time to take it off then! Thanks Dave.

DaveBeck 28 June 2010 11:56 PM

depends how you use it mate.

i'll try and dig out a video of mine going off during a tunnel run. Louder than any Anti-Lag. Paid price in the end.

Still get good money for them on ebay

ScoobyDoo69 29 June 2010 12:00 AM

Well normally foot to floor at around 5krpm making 1bar of boost, side step clutch :D Video would be interesting to see mate, as like I say, never had mine banging before. But then again, it's still running the PPP map if that were to make a difference I don't know!

DaveBeck 29 June 2010 12:08 AM

None mate. All to do with the ignition cut and fuel hitting hot exhaust.

Its in car but you will get the jist. im at work and everything is restricted so when i get chance i'll have a look at home

ScoobyDoo69 29 June 2010 12:09 AM

Thanks Dave.

Sti-Robbie 29 June 2010 09:04 AM

How can fuel igniting in the exhaust cause the bottom end to go? Surely it can only destroy the turbo. Bits of turbo could then cause engine damage. Is that what happend or have I missed something?