ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The Pope, A Democrat and some Repulicans (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/709907-the-pope-a-democrat-and-some-repulicans.html)

Martin2005 03 September 2008 02:58 PM

The Pope, A Democrat and some Repulicans

The Pope took a couple of days off to visit the rugged mountains of Alaska for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the campground in the Pope Mobile when there was a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods.

A helpless Democrat, wearing sandals, shorts, a "Save the Whales" hat, and a "To Hell with Bush" T-shirt, was screaming while struggling frantically and thrashing around trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot grizzly. As the Pope watched in horror, a group of Republican loggers came racing up.

One quickly fired a 44 magnum into the bear's chest. The other two reached up and pulled the bleeding, semiconscious Democrat from the bear's grasp. Then using long clubs, the three loggers finished off the bear and two of them threw it onto the bed of their truck while the other tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the back seat.

As they prepared to leave, the Pope summoned them to come over. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he told them. "I heard there was a bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic Environmental activists but now I've seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, one of the loggers asked his buddies "Who was that guy?"

"It was the Pope," another replied. "He's in direct contact with Heaven and has access to all wisdom."

"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all wisdom but he doesn't know squat about bear hunting! By the way, is the bait holding up, or do we need to go back to Massachusetts and get another one?"

SwissTony 03 September 2008 03:07 PM

Very good, but that is a tweak to the shark joke :thumb:

David Lock 03 September 2008 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8107117)
Very good, but that is a tweak to the shark joke :thumb:

Now don't be a spoil sport :nono:

In fact it's a bit like some of yours (and mine). It's so old that there will be many on here with youth on their side who will never have heard it :lol1:

dl

SwissTony 03 September 2008 04:11 PM

Hey I get told off left right and centre for being Sial and for producing old stuff, so only fair I pull up a guy when he posts something like this :razz:

:D :D ;)

Cracking Joke :thumb:

Martin2005 03 September 2008 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 8107237)
Now don't be a spoil sport :nono:

In fact it's a bit like some of yours (and mine). It's so old that there will be many on here with youth on their side who will never have heard it :lol1:

dl

I'm old and i'd not heard it (or the shark version for that matter)

Note to self: must try harder:)

SwissTony 03 September 2008 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 8107272)

Dont try harder, just dont try at all. Thats what I do :thumb: :D

David Lock 03 September 2008 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 8107272)
I'm old and i'd not heard it (or the shark version for that matter)

I think the original version came from Swiss' great, great grandfather in the days of the Raj when it was recounted over a gentleman's size G&T in the club after a good day's tiger hunting :D :D

douglasb 03 September 2008 05:36 PM

I must be between those ages as the one that I hear concerned the two white South Africans taking a black guy water skiing. The punchline was "That Mandela might be a decent guy, but he knows f***-all about hunting crocodiles"

yoza 03 September 2008 05:44 PM

Dont get it :confused:

Why were two fella's who run pubs, running around a wooded area one eating an icecream.

Leslie 04 September 2008 12:36 PM

Well it made me laugh!

Les :)

SwissTony 04 September 2008 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 8107425)
I think the original version came from Swiss' great, great grandfather in the days of the Raj when it was recounted over a gentleman's size G&T in the club after a good day's tiger hunting :D :D

it was actually ostrich hunting on pygmy elephants :Suspiciou