ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Suicide or more Sinister? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/708993-suicide-or-more-sinister.html)

speye91 29 August 2008 04:19 PM

Suicide or more Sinister?

Arson At Millionaire's Home? Police Enter Oswestry Home Of Christopher Foster, Jill And Kirstie | UK News | Sky News

Whats your Thoughts?

scooby L 29 August 2008 04:27 PM

I hope they are not in there.... that's all....

I have a feeling they will be.... and if they are.. then suicide is my gut feeling... Someone told me he'd volentarily liquified his business but only after transfering his wealth to another company... the judge in the court case branded him un-trustworthy etc.. I think his number was up, the wolves were closing in.. and he knew it.

But that's just my gut feeling.

speye91 29 August 2008 04:36 PM

It seems very strange.That there was a horse box,at the entrance with flat tyres.Making it difficult for the ES to get into the property.:wonder:

scooby L 29 August 2008 04:39 PM

Yeah...which is one of the reasons I think he lost it.

If it had been a Professional hit, they would

A: Not wasted time blocking the entrance... in..out..done..dusted...

B: Not set fire to Every building, just the main house with the bodies (if they are in there)

C: Not gunned the horses down (what's the point?)

Iwan 29 August 2008 04:42 PM

Were the horses and dogs actually shot though? I assumed from what I saw on the news that they all died in the fire when the garage/stable block went up.

I hope the family are found alive and well, but I suspect they won't be. :(

scooby L 29 August 2008 04:42 PM

I'd heard the horses had been shot...then set alight.

Iwan 29 August 2008 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by scooby L (Post 8097816)
I'd heard the horses had been shot...then set alight.

I think the Sun had that headline yesterday, a bloke at work was reading it. I hadn't heard it on the more reputable news sources so assumed it's just speculation...

Bit grim if that's what happened though. :(

Wish 29 August 2008 04:53 PM

My money is the family being murdered in there ...... With the father commiting suicide.

Really hope im wrong... but time is passing and they havent come forward.

Odds on 29 August 2008 04:55 PM

The Police said a few hours ago that a postmortem of the horses had been carried out, but the results not yet released.

I reckon it's the Russians. (I have absolutely no way of backing this ridiculous claim up. So please don't ask. :thumb: )

lozgti 29 August 2008 04:58 PM

Lots of speculation but one chap suggests he has property all round the world and could have disappeared anywhere.

Glad I don't have any money or owe anyone money

David Lock 29 August 2008 05:12 PM

Suicide - surely the father couldn't have killed his own daughter.

Hit - hard to see why the whole family were killed and animals.

Terrible thing to happen especially if they died in the fire.

The only thing that could make any sense at all (to me) would be if the family had been kidnapped and everything they owned was destroyed to teach them a lesson for something he had done. dl

Markus 29 August 2008 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 8097879)
Suicide - surely the father couldn't have killed his own daughter.

Sadly some people really are that twisted. Have read of this. There have been a few similar instances in Toronto in the past few years.

Julz1983 29 August 2008 05:48 PM

It was either someone or a few people who he had really pi$$ed off big time, one person couldn't do that surely?

Or they have done a runner to another country seeing as he has a number of places that no one knows of.

Or he has killed his family and animals, set all the out buildings alight, boarded the windows up in the house, set fire to the house then shot himself. The horse box on the inside of the gates also makes it look like whoever done it didn't leave......

Which ever it is it's still awful that it comes to that, but if it was him how could he kill his wife and daughter.

Abdabz 29 August 2008 06:38 PM

Suicide all the way with an air of "If I cant take it with me, no bastad is having it"...
I expect them to find the family and their dogs in the smouldering rubble :(

Prasius 29 August 2008 06:38 PM

We were talking about this in the Mess at lunchtime.

There was certainly a reason to fake their deaths and disappear - it'd be interesting to see their financial records for the last 12 months...... ;). They've now just had their fourth day to make their escape - they're well into Europe now if thats the case.

I go for either Daddy going nuts and killing everything - or Daddy being nuts, doing the whole thing to fake their deaths, and then doing a runner. I don't get why he'd have killed the animals in the second instance though - it seems totally unnecessary and while the Daughter may have accepted the doing a bunk thing - I don't think she'd have taken well to having her horse killed.

Not convinced about it being a professional hit - if he'd upset someone enough then they might have had his family killed as well, but everything else on top just makes it look like psycho-amateur night.. ;)

speye91 29 August 2008 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 8098062)
Suicide all the way with an air of "If I cant take it with me, no bastad is having it"...

Exactly what i thought.

Iwan 29 August 2008 08:23 PM

That sounds the most plausable scenario to me, hope not though. :(

David Lock 29 August 2008 08:28 PM

Couldn't disagree more. But time will tell. dl

yoza 29 August 2008 08:44 PM

Not a canoeist is he?

j4ckos mate 29 August 2008 09:53 PM

i reckon they are there,

i searched on the web before foprthe name of his company and the suppplier he fell out with and the history of the court case was there.

Odds on 29 August 2008 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Prasius (Post 8098063)
I go for either Daddy going nuts and killing everything - or Daddy being nuts, doing the whole thing to fake their deaths, and then doing a runner. I don't get why he'd have killed the animals in the second instance though - it seems totally unnecessary and while the Daughter may have accepted the doing a bunk thing - I don't think she'd have taken well to having her horse killed.

If he'd paid someone to do it after they'd left though, who knows how far they'd go?...

Now I think it was the Russians. Don't know why, but I've a feeling. :Suspiciou ;)

what would scooby do 29 August 2008 11:11 PM

Three canoes reported stolen at their local boating lake...

Odds on 29 August 2008 11:26 PM

Russian MiG canoes?

I knew it. No smoke without fire..

Prasius 29 August 2008 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 8098686)
Three canoes reported stolen at their local boating lake...

:lol1:

By the looks of it, someone negged this - I found it funny, but then I am a little twisted ;)

Iwan 30 August 2008 09:18 AM

Two bodies found in the house apparently, according to Police statement on BBC news a couple of minutes ago. :(

Luminous 30 August 2008 09:18 AM

well, just been on the news that two bodies have been found in the house so far. I guess he killed them, whether he then ran off somewhere or killed himself I guess we will find out shortly.

EDIT: Damn you Iwan :p

Iwan 30 August 2008 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 8099061)
well, just been on the news that two bodies have been found in the house so far. I guess he killed them, whether he then ran off somewhere or killed himself I guess we will find out shortly.

EDIT: Damn you Iwan :p

I can picture us both sitting watching BBC news and going "OMG to the internet - I must tell Scoobynet!!1!". :lol1: :o

Odds on 30 August 2008 09:31 AM

Apparently the Police 'think' that the fire was started deliberately. :rolleyes:

Luminous 30 August 2008 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Iwan (Post 8099066)
I can picture us both sitting watching BBC news and going "OMG to the internet - I must tell Scoobynet!!1!". :lol1: :o

Aye, I should have typed less and hit post first :)

Leslie 31 August 2008 11:22 AM

It was reported that the animals which presumably included the dogs were shot. Hard to say too much until the identity of the two bodies which were found so far is known. If they were killed, it would be better that they were shot instead of being killed by the fire.

We can only wait and see.

Les