ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Dump valve - Yes or No (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/708678-dump-valve-yes-or-no.html)

H12MRO 28 August 2008 01:24 AM

Dump valve - Yes or No

Was going to treat myself to a dump valve for my 05 STI but dont really no that much about them apart from they go woooosh.

Was looking at a Bailey Motorsport DV12 dump valve from scoobyworld.

Q1 - Do I need to remap or mess with the engine after fitting ?
Q2 - Could I fit it myself in my garage using my basic tools and my limited skills ?

pk4rney 28 August 2008 01:38 AM

mach 1

i have a gfb mach 1 single trumpet bov on my 99 uk turbo as far as i know you can get them for 05 sti aswell i hear alot of peoples opinions on dumpvalves but not these ones so i got one there dearer than baileys but better id say you can also make it very loud or very quiet depending on your taste you get instructions on how to fit it with it. GFB Dump Valves and Boost Controllers, Deceptor Pro, Hybrid, Bovus Maximus - 76k - this is the website. there about £145 but u might need to buy an adapter.

pk4rney 28 August 2008 01:40 AM

you dont need remap but check to make sure. the whole point of a bov is to release presure. hope this helps

Peanuts 28 August 2008 12:58 PM

your car has a dump valve on it, sti5, in fact they all do :)
Best dump valve by a country mile is the standard one thats on it already.

IJE71 28 August 2008 08:13 PM

I've got a dv12 for my bugeye, it takes about ten minutes to fit and you dont need to mess with the engine. Some people will say don't fit one but tbh it's just a matter of personel preference as it makes no difference apart from the noise. Mines been on and off the car three times now because I can't make my mind up, I get sick of the noise after a while so I take it off and then put it back on when i'm bored.

scooby-93 28 August 2008 09:08 PM

does a forge recirculating dumpvalve woosh are not? and would it be worth mutin on an 04sti?

1999wagon 28 August 2008 10:28 PM

A recir dv will make the woosh noise but very faintly and only under a fair amount of throttle. Avoid bailey dvs. Best for reliability seem to be turbo smart. I got a forge and once fitted I noticed a big difference in the way the car drove it feels more responsive.

Jamo 28 August 2008 10:31 PM

api did a test and found that you get a better mpg with the standard DV ;) HTH

Ozzy_555 28 August 2008 10:40 PM

So by the sounds of things fitting a dump valve is pointless - that's me sorted then, cheers :thumb:

brodz 28 August 2008 11:37 PM

im no chav far from it but i do like the noise and dv makes it's kinda part and parcel of what i think an impreza is all about, just my thoughts....

Peanuts 29 August 2008 07:48 AM

depsite your protestations, you are actually a chav.
HTH :)

banny sti 29 August 2008 09:44 AM

:lol:

Banny