ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   'For a f**kin kettle' (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/708627-for-a-f-kin-kettle.html)

corradoboy 27 August 2008 08:50 PM

'For a f**kin kettle'

Looking for a new kettle and stumbled on what must be a pricing error on Amazon.....CLICKY :eek:

The reviews of it even at anywhere near normal price say it's a piece of unreliable tatt :lol1:

moff1888 27 August 2008 09:01 PM

Get tae buggery man. These people that have complained that it's rubbish should be shot for spending that much on a kettle!

fatherpierre 27 August 2008 09:23 PM

I'd want pretty sexy hot water for that sort of money!

jods 27 August 2008 09:34 PM

This is my kettle - good stuff - even after it has just boiled the outside wall is cool to the touch :thumb:

Siemens TW911P2 Porsche Design Kettle

corradoboy 27 August 2008 09:39 PM

Looked at those a couple of times and just can't justify £80+ for a kettle. We had a near identical looking Morphy Richards for a few years which was just £30, even when it went bang we got a replacement on their 2yr warranty which has seen us up to now, so 6 years in total, but the replacement is now leaking so time for a new one. Even with 2yr warranty I don't think I'll go MR again, seen a Philips we like for £35.

chocolate_o_brian 27 August 2008 09:42 PM

Buy Cookworks Signature Silver Illuminated Jug Kettle. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Does the trick. Boiled water is boiled water at the end of the day, no matter how mcuh the kettle that boiled it cost:wonder:

ScoTTyB 27 August 2008 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 8094285)
This is my kettle - good stuff - even after it has just boiled the outside wall is cool to the touch :thumb:

Who gave this nonce the opportunity to show us he spent almost £100 on a kettle.

I bet you waft it infront of guests when making tea hoping they mention it.

Kieran_Burns 27 August 2008 09:52 PM

Got to say that the brita filter kettles do make a better cup of tea. Stupid price for the filters though.....

DYK 27 August 2008 09:54 PM

IF they throw in a free lifetime supply of T Bags and Coffee,i might consider it
:cuckoo:

Kieran_Burns 27 August 2008 09:55 PM

Amazon.co.uk: Russell Hobbs Kudos 11416 Silver Kettle 3000w: Kitchen & Home

Holy Cow!

3KW kettle!!!! WTF are they trying to turn water into? Plasma??????

Odds on 27 August 2008 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8094308)
Buy Cookworks Signature Silver Illuminated Jug Kettle. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Does the trick. Boiled water is boiled water at the end of the day, no matter how mcuh the kettle that boiled it cost:wonder:

COB, the £3.7k+ quoted is obviously an error mate. ;)

:D :lol1:

zip106 27 August 2008 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Odds on (Post 8094340)
COB, the £3.7k+ quoted is obviously an error mate. ;)

:D :lol1:

And they want to charge 20 quid for postage, too :Whatever_

;)

Odds on 27 August 2008 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 8094390)
And they want to charge 20 quid for postage, too :Whatever_

;)

Bollocks, I was gonna buy one aswell. :(

:p

gazza-uk 27 August 2008 10:34 PM

Got the same one + Toaster, altough I pay staff price :smug:

Siemens Porsche Toaster, TT911P2 2-Slice - John Lewis

spectrum48k 27 August 2008 10:37 PM

I'm gonna buy one of these - I'm forever filling the kettle with water, then just making one cup.

Amazon.co.uk: Eco Kettle: Kitchen & Home

gazza-uk 27 August 2008 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by spectrum48k (Post 8094462)
I'm gonna buy one of these - I'm forever filling the kettle with water, then just making one cup.

Amazon.co.uk: Eco Kettle: Kitchen & Home

how does it know how much water you want ??

Will only boil the amount of water required

Odds on 27 August 2008 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by gazza-uk (Post 8094469)

:Suspiciou Never trust a kettle that know's what you want....

zip106 27 August 2008 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by gazza-uk (Post 8094469)

Cos if you only put a mugful of water in it, that's all it'll boil. :idea:

;)

gazza-uk 27 August 2008 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 8094520)
Cos if you only put a mugful of water in it, that's all it'll boil. :idea:

;)

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image.../mainlogo1.gif Save water, save time and save energy with the ECO Kettle.
Measuring the required amount of water to be boiled in your kettle has always been a difficult job. It's estimated that, on average, we boil twice the volume of water needed every time. Which means twice as much energy, twice as much time, and with a 3kW kettle this equates to wasting the energy of around 50 light bulbs.
The ECO Kettle has been invented to specifically meet the challenge of reducing the amount of energy wasted by overfilling your kettle.
With the ECO Kettle, you can fill the kettle to the brim and simply press the valve button in the lid to release a specific amount of water (1 to 8 cups worth) into the boiling chamber. This easy, simple method of accurately ensuring that you boil only the water that you need.

Using the ECO Kettle will save electricity, it will save water, it will save you time and it will save you money.

In independent consumer trials, directed by the Energy Saving Trust, the ECO kettle used over 30% less energy than standard kettles.

So to sum it up, you can either fill your kettle up to the cup lines, or buy a crappy looking eco pretending version :confused:

zip106 27 August 2008 11:11 PM

Thing is, when I've boiled the kettle for tea or whatever, I then forget about it so I have to re-boil it anyway.

Ohhhh....what a waste.

mart360 27 August 2008 11:19 PM

I know someone who has one of those...

never used, just a "feature"

its a kettle ffs, it only has to boil water

a 99p tesco's special will do that

Mart

ScoobyWon't 27 August 2008 11:51 PM

:o

I only drink hot drinks at work or at other people's places to save on the cost of electricity/tea/coffee/milk :p

Tighter than a duck's arse, me. Water tight, infact... :thumb:

fatherpierre 28 August 2008 12:08 AM

I prefer cold drinks - lager, usually ;)