ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bollywood Night (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/708344-bollywood-night.html)

^Qwerty^ 26 August 2008 02:21 PM

Bollywood Night

Afternoon all,

Me and the Mrs have been invited to a Bollywood night on Saturday, condition being that you have to go in appropriate dress.

I've spent a bit of time scanning ebay/google etc. but I'm struggling to pin down a shop/establishment that will do mail order - I'm also unsure of what exactly we need to wear. A Djellba seems the sort of thing I want, and the Mrs can have a nice dress?

Anyway, if anyone can help, please drop me a PM/or post back with details of somewhere I can ring and order something.

Don't want to break the bank if possible !!!

Cheers

-
Q

STi wanna Subaru 26 August 2008 02:27 PM

Just go as Jade Goody! :D

^Qwerty^ 26 August 2008 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 8091320)
Just go as Jade Goody! :D

Funny and made me chuckle, but not very helpful

STi wanna Subaru 26 August 2008 03:00 PM

Sorry :o

Turbohot 26 August 2008 04:16 PM

Qwetry, take a trip to Southall after work, if you can manage (shops are open a bit longer than up to 6pm there)You should be able to get something suitable fairly cheap.
Skirt, top and scarf kinda gear should be most convenient for your nice lady. 6 yard long saari might be a bit of a tent to put on unless one knows how to. You will be fine in some colourful cheesy Nehru collar silk shirt with greasy hairstyle :thumb: (dyed in black, if you can dare :norty: :D)

Deep Singh 26 August 2008 06:41 PM

[quote=^Qwerty^;8091311]Afternoon all,

Me and the Mrs have been invited to a Bollywood night on Saturday, condition being that you have to go in appropriate dress.

I've spent a bit of time scanning ebay/google etc. but I'm struggling to pin down a shop/establishment that will do mail order - I'm also unsure of what exactly we need to wear. A Djellba seems the sort of thing I want, and the Mrs can have a nice dress?

Anyway, if anyone can help, please drop me a PM/or post back with details of somewhere I can ring and order something.

Don't want to break the bank if possible !!!

Go to Green street (ie West Ham) mate, I presume thats nearer to you if you live in Essex? Tbh, I think its unfair to insist you dress up, if I went I'd just go in smart western gear.

Or if you really want to look like a Bollywood male lead, just wear a really tight shirt open to the waist, leather trousers that show your 'religion' and pout alot:lol1:

WRX_Dazza 26 August 2008 06:48 PM

Or if you really want to look like a Bollywood male lead, just wear a really tight shirt open to the waist, leather trousers that show your 'religion' and pout alot
you forgot to mention max factor eye liner!!!

^Qwerty^ 26 August 2008 08:10 PM

Cheers peeps !!!! :)

Have to go shopping tomorrow.

urdad 27 August 2008 03:34 PM

Towel round the swede,curly shoes,a curly knife and a massive moustache..:)