ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What Happens If You Drink Mouthwash? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/708312-what-happens-if-you-drink-mouthwash.html)

Scooby Snacks 23 26 August 2008 10:49 AM

What Happens If You Drink Mouthwash?

So there I was half-asleep this morning rinsing with mouthwash when my son crept up behind me, shouted boo at the top of his voice and as I turned round, I swallowed the mouthwash.

I read the ingredients to see what was in it and in bold letters it states DO NOT SWALLOW.

What the hell is in it to warrant a disclaimer like that? I've not got a tummy ache or the wild shiites yet, but should I expect to?

Odds on 26 August 2008 10:52 AM

Oh dear. :(

You do have a will, don't you?

StickyMicky 26 August 2008 10:54 AM

looked into this last week as i nearly drunk some listerine

listerine is full of alcohol and will make you drunk !!!!

people have apparently ended up getting banned from driving for using mouthwash and then failing breath tests :eek:

did a few searches on drinking listerine and found out that loads of rednecks drink it in shots as its cheaper then booze :eek:

Scooby Snacks 23 26 August 2008 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 8091016)
loads of rednecks drink it in shots as its cheaper then booze

Rednecks with fresh smelling breath? Surely not ;)

what would scooby do 26 August 2008 11:13 AM

What Happens If You Drink Mouthwash
Minty pi$$ ?

Leslie 26 August 2008 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23 (Post 8091005)
So there I was half-asleep this morning rinsing with mouthwash when my son crept up behind me, shouted boo at the top of his voice and as I turned round, I swallowed the mouthwash.

I read the ingredients to see what was in it and in bold letters it states DO NOT SWALLOW.

What the hell is in it to warrant a disclaimer like that? I've not got a tummy ache or the wild shiites yet, but should I expect to?

If you are still conscious and able to stand up, there's every chance you will live! :)

I'm sure that they would not have anything deadly poisonous in mouthwash but its doubtless not designed for drinking.

Les

David Lock 26 August 2008 11:26 AM

You will be dead in the next 100 years - guaranteed :mad:

hello - hello - hello..............

whoops - too late :eek:

dl

cookstar 26 August 2008 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 8091038)
Minty pi$$ ?

:lol1:

jonny_693 26 August 2008 11:51 AM

Surely its denatured alcohol though?

r32 26 August 2008 11:58 AM

You wont lose your licence through drinking or using one mouthfull of mouthwash, you could fail a breath test apparently but they dont ban you based on one roadside breath test.
You might have a slightly upset stomach, just dont make a habit of it.

Kieran_Burns 26 August 2008 12:00 PM

Your burps and farts will smell minty fresh :D going to the bog will be a delight and your partner will think you've sprayed the room with air freshner just for her :)

Alcohol is a constituent of mouth freshner so you do need to be careful, and as said: you can fail a breath test. Which is why you go and get a blood test as well...

StickyMicky 26 August 2008 12:04 PM

So you think you can skirt the law by boozing and cruising under the influence of Listerine? Well not in Adrian, Michigan where 50-year-old Carol Ries was arrested for operating under the influence of liquor. She had downed three glasses (we won't even hazard a guess on what size glasses either) of the mouthwash. Listerine of course has an alcohol volume of 26.9 percent but this is the first we've heard of it involved in a drunk driving incident.
;)

mad555 26 August 2008 12:13 PM

Your balls will turn black and fall off.

Tobisausage 26 August 2008 12:23 PM

It will give you the sh!ts

Leslie 26 August 2008 01:11 PM

With all those descriptions above I should jack it in now before it gets you!

Les :D

Luan Pra bang 26 August 2008 01:27 PM

I used to like the taste as a young child and drank a few lid fulls every morning and it never did me any harm. this an an interesting read though.

Originally Posted by wiki
]Listerine was invented in the 19th century as a powerful surgical antiseptic. It was later sold, in a very distilled form, as a floor cleaner and a cure for gonorrhea. But it wasn't a runaway success until the 1920s, when it was pitched as a solution for "chronic halitosis", the faux medical term that the Listerine advertising group created in 1921 to describe bad breath

little-ginge 26 August 2008 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang (Post 8091249)
I used to like the taste as a young child and drank a few lid fulls every morning and it never did me any harm. this an an interesting read though.

Weirdo.:lol1:

When my dad was having his surgery for oral cancer, the surgeon told us never to use mouthwash with alcohol in it.. I can't remember what he said as to why not...:Suspiciou

little-ginge 26 August 2008 03:29 PM

Strange uses, this alcohol based stuff has..:cuckoo:

1. Use alcohol based mouthwash to clean your toilet bowl- To clean and disinfect your toilet bowl simply reach for a cup of alcohol based mouthwash and pour it into your toilet. Let it sit for about thirty minutes. Once the thirty minutes is up, simply use your toilet scrub brush and clean as you normally would. The alcohol based mouthwash has taken all of the stains away.

2. Cure underarm odor- Regular deodorants do nothing more than just mask unpleasant underarm odors with a heavy perfume smell. They do very little to actually attack the cause of the odor. It is quite simple to get rid of the bacteria that causes perspiration odor, just dampen a cotton ball with a sugarless, alcohol-based mouthwash and swab your armpits.

3. Facial astringent- Are you out of your favorite facial astringent? Don't worry, just grab your mouthwash! Simply wash your face first with your normal facial cleanser. Secondly apply some mouthwash to a cotton ball and wipe it on your face. The mouthwash will act as your normal facial astringent and you should feel a pleasant sensation. When you are done rinse and your face will look fresh and clean.

4. A disinfectant wash for your toothbrushes- Germs and bacteria thrive in places like toothbrushes. It is very important to make sure you keep your toothbrushes as clean as possible to help cut down on colds, viruses and other germs being spread throughout your home. All it takes is a couple of minutes to soak your toothbrushes in some mouthwash to kill those harmful germs and bacteria.

5. Help get rid of dandruff- If a bad case of dandruff has you never wearing black, don't worry. Just wash your hair as normal with your regular shampoo. Then simply rinse with an alcohol based mouthwash. You can then use your regular conditioner. Continue to do this every time you wash your hair until all flakes are gone.

robby 26 August 2008 10:46 PM

My dentist once told me you should never swallow toothpaste either - something to do with clorine? i think

astraboy 26 August 2008 11:35 PM

no posts from SS23 in over 12 hours!
things aint looking good!
astraboy.

ronjeramy 26 August 2008 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 8091016)
looked into this last week as i nearly drunk some listerine

listerine is full of alcohol and will make you drunk !!!!

How do you think they make, Aftershock ? ;) :D

SWRTWannabe 27 August 2008 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by robby (Post 8092542)
My dentist once told me you should never swallow toothpaste either - something to do with clorine? i think

That's because not only does your poo come out minty, it has stripes as well :eek:

little-ginge 27 August 2008 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by SWRTWannabe (Post 8093931)
That's because not only does your poo come out minty, it has stripes as well :eek:

And it comes out with a shiny sparkle to it ..'ting'! ( this is where I need photoshop skill):lol1:

Scooby Snacks 23 28 August 2008 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by astraboy (Post 8092642)
no posts from SS23 in over 12 hours!
things aint looking good!
astraboy.

:lol:

I'm still here - as soon as I got into work, I had a couple of cups of rancid coffee from the machine - that must be doing far worse to my insides than a mouthful of moutwash!!

Thanks for all the concern shown though............;)

moff1888 28 August 2008 09:45 AM

One of the boys necked a bottle of it while we were in The Falklands, 20p bet and all that, he was "fine" ok he was insta-puke but lived and just cracked on drinking.....He is a Makem though!!!!

jono300 28 August 2008 05:06 PM

Just checked ours and it says " contains no alcohol ", but does state in bold red letters not to drink.