ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Car Care (https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/)
-   -   Type-R Deeeeetail (https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/708095-type-r-deeeeetail.html)

Schumacher 25 August 2008 02:46 AM

Type-R Deeeeetail

Had to remove photos as they were killing my bandwidth.

Jamo 25 August 2008 08:50 AM

your car is stunning mate, easily on par with FMS car :thumb:

Gutted for you about the engine mate :( presume your getting it sorted though???

one thing I would say I really dont like on your car is those blue hose covers you have in the engine bay. sorry :(

if you ever fancy doing mine, feel free :D which are you going in on sunday??

Schumacher 25 August 2008 11:08 AM

Cheers. The blue hose covers are going. If I'm honest, I'm thinking of selling the car. When I bought the car it had only just covered around 1.8k after an engine rebuild. I asked the owner if it had a warranty, he said yeah, 10k miles warranty on the ENGINE. I've only driven it 6k and even on the paperwork it says 'Engine warranty, 10k miles.' It's covered just under 8k since the build.

Rang up the bloke that did the rebuild and he says that he told the previous owner that if he sold the car then the engine warranty would be void! He was also moaning that it was 3 years after he did the rebuild, but there's no mention of time on the paperwork?

I would love to keep the car but I'm not sure at the moment.

Oh yeah, will be going in the white one as the R is still sitting with the busted engine.

COLZO 25 August 2008 11:24 AM

Gutted for you after putting in so much hard work. Car looks amazing. :notworthy

scoobyverysoon 25 August 2008 11:47 AM

Quality work done on both cars :thumb: shame about the engine dude :(

Schumacher 25 August 2008 02:35 PM

Thanks, guys. Doing my dad's car this week. :lol1:

Silver Scooby Sport 25 August 2008 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Schumacher (Post 8089524)
Thanks, guys. Doing my dad's car this week. :lol1:

If your looking for something to do you can go through mine for me :thumb:

As said the car's are looking mint mate :cool:

postie90 25 August 2008 07:30 PM

awsome details mate great work, wanna do mine? you can if want.....

Schumacher 25 August 2008 08:51 PM

Pics are now working again as I exceeded my bandwidth limit. :thumb:

Cheers for the comments.

rbaz 26 August 2008 12:22 AM

Amazing results (sorry to hear about the motor) I now understand the time it takes detailing as I have just done mine but to do the under side as well :notworthy

I prefer white classics but you get soooo much better pics with a black car :Suspiciou

ianch 26 August 2008 08:05 AM

sorry to hear about the type r m8 its a real shame is it gonna be an expensive job to fix?

and as always your detailing is amazing

C_WRX 26 August 2008 09:01 AM

Two top jobs there. Very impressive. Both cars look stunning.

Schumacher 28 August 2008 11:33 PM

Thanks, guys. :)

Not sure about the engine. It needs to be stripped down to find out what's gone wrong.

Rich @ PB 29 August 2008 01:02 PM

EPIC! Fantastic work, great write ups too, thanks for taking the time to share in so much detail! Sorry to hear about the engine, damn rotten luck for sure. A show n shine win might ease the blow, so drop me an e-mail with a link to this thread. Full details here...

Show n Shine - Win Free Detailing Products!

:thumb:

Schumacher 29 August 2008 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss (Post 8097406)
EPIC! Fantastic work, great write ups too, thanks for taking the time to share in so much detail! Sorry to hear about the engine, damn rotten luck for sure. A show n shine win might ease the blow, so drop me an e-mail with a link to this thread. Full details here...

Show n Shine - Win Free Detailing Products!

:thumb:

Thanks, Rich. Really appreciate your comments. Also wanted to say thanks for the great products that you supply.

Yeah, a win would definitely help me out as I've had a terrible year. I will email you in the morning. :)

P.S I'm on my third Megs G220. Remember the first one didn't turn up (stolen), so you kindly posted me another. The second developed a fault at first use so Meguiars sent me a new one, which made it three! :thumb:

Rich @ PB 05 September 2008 10:40 AM

Good grief, that is a bad run of luck... it can only get better surely?! :D

Schumacher 08 September 2008 03:06 PM

Yeah, hopefully! https://www.scoobynet.com/images/icons/icon14.gif