ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Parcel2go delivery serrvice muppets. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/706231-parcel2go-delivery-serrvice-muppets.html)

H4RDY-P1 14 August 2008 07:17 PM

Parcel2go delivery serrvice muppets.

Bought a set of 4 teamdynamics 17" prorace 1.2's a few weeks ago and used parcel2go for the collection/delivery service,fairly good price,£33 iirc:wonder: ,anyway seems they are total muppets as they managed to lose 1 of the wheels,so now im left with only 3,(anyone doin a 3 wheeler project):lol1: ,has anyone else had any trouble with missing items from parcel2go and where do i stand ?

Aztec Performance Ltd 14 August 2008 07:55 PM

£50 cover as standard.

The customer service is shocking.

Paulo P 14 August 2008 08:01 PM

I've had problems with them too :( I used them to deliver a power steering pipe and they lost it :mad: All they could tell me was that it had left one depot and hadn't reached the next :mad: It took them days to find it and it was supposed to have been delivered next day, I wouldn't use them again.

Red Rocket 11166 14 August 2008 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by H4RDY-P1 (Post 8069426)
Bought a set of 4 teamdynamics 17" prorace 1.2's a few weeks ago and used parcel2go for the collection/delivery service,fairly good price,£33 iirc:wonder: ,anyway seems they are total muppets as they managed to lose 1 of the wheels,so now im left with only 3,(anyone doin a 3 wheeler project):lol1: ,has anyone else had any trouble with missing items from parcel2go and where do i stand ?

Give Del Boy a ring. :D

fivetide 14 August 2008 08:21 PM

Similar issues - except they never collected. Cancelled the collection and used someone else in the end. Never even apologised.

Favoured delivery service of eBay so carrying on the great tradition of useless service i feel.

5t.

bighead 14 August 2008 08:44 PM

well i have use them a few time with them , never had no probs though , some times delivered in one day when i ordered their 2-3 day sevices :)

mickywrx 14 August 2008 09:31 PM

Parcel2go aren't even a courier company. :rolleyes:

They just have accounts with all the major ones. ;)

DannyBoy007 14 August 2008 10:20 PM

I've used them about 30 times and always used there DHL service and have never had any problems.

Agree there insurance cover is pretty low though and the extra cover jumped from £5 for £250 to silly amount now.

I used a guy on ebay for a set of wheels I'd sold, £25 delivery and the insurance covered £12 per KG, so covered £960 for a set of four wheels and tyres

joey_turbo 14 August 2008 10:25 PM

Once had a 21" CRT monitor delivered by them. They must have had Hulk Hogan and Jimmy Superfly Snuka practising elbow drops and drop kicks on it in the van. It was ruined. It was well packaged, and had plenty of Fragile stickers on it. So how it was manhandled is beyond me.
Would never use them again.

matt6666 15 August 2008 10:53 PM

parcel2gosuck

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

davyboy 15 August 2008 11:35 PM

I've used them and selcted the DHL option everytime.

Thumbs up from me.

The rookie 16 August 2008 03:13 AM

So if you'd booked with DHL or UPS (who actually do the carrying for P2G) you'd have got better service? of course not, as has been said they are just a go between so individuals can get corporate rates with those 2, its not P2G providing the bad service, its the courier.

It does make resolution hard though when you have to go through P2G to talk to the actual courier.

Simon

The Rig 16 August 2008 08:08 AM

i bought something and the bloke used parcel2go, the courier van was a dhl one, but it was a guy drivin his own van with a dhl sticker on the drivers door only, think he was sub contracted by dhl.

very encouraging

sheikhlala 16 August 2008 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by joey_turbo (Post 8069835)
Once had a 21" CRT monitor delivered by them. They must have had Hulk Hogan and Jimmy Superfly Snuka practising elbow drops and drop kicks on it in the van. It was ruined. It was well packaged, and had plenty of Fragile stickers on it. So how it was manhandled is beyond me.
Would never use them again.

As a white van man for DPD, I can assure you that the damage isn`t done in the van. When I go out for a days work, I don`t want to be mucking about with irrate customers, I want to deliver my parcel, get a signature and go onto the next delivery. The damage normally occurs in the hubs/depots by the underpaid and over worked handlers who lose the will to live and the ability to carefully handle parcels. The driver is at the end of the process and takes all the flack :mad:
I would suggest that you give the courier a reasonable deadline for resolution before taking the matter further.
Good luck with this.

harry007 17 August 2008 01:51 AM

Never had a problem with parcel 2 go used over 50+ times.

GC8 17 August 2008 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by sheikhlala (Post 8073246)
As a white van man for DPD, I can assure you that the damage isn`t done in the van. When I go out for a days work, I don`t want to be mucking about with irrate customers, I want to deliver my parcel, get a signature and go onto the next delivery. The damage normally occurs in the hubs/depots by the underpaid and over worked handlers who lose the will to live and the ability to carefully handle parcels. The driver is at the end of the process and takes all the flack :mad:
I would suggest that you give the courier a reasonable deadline for resolution before taking the matter further.
Good luck with this.

All in the depot/hub. I worked for Parceline whilst I was at uni and they always had me load the bub-bound 40ft trailers because Im quite big. Even so, it was a constant rush and almost everything had to be treated relatively roughly (if it was light enough itd be thrown from the end of the conveyor belt to the end of the vehicle body...

sheikhlala 18 August 2008 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8073617)
All in the depot/hub. I worked for Parceline whilst I was at uni and they always had me load the bub-bound 40ft trailers because Im quite big. Even so, it was a constant rush and almost everything had to be treated relatively roughly (if it was light enough itd be thrown from the end of the conveyor belt to the end of the vehicle body...

We have 1 guy to load a double decked 40 foot trailer and he does about 5/6 a day......in the mornings we have 4 guys unloading 5/6 double decked 40 foot trailers......does matey loading feel that he gets a good deal:wonder:

mufcdamo 18 August 2008 09:22 PM

used loads of times never had a problem always collected by dhl and delivered ontime

drb5 20 August 2008 07:22 AM

Anyone know if you can select to have a package picked up FROM the US?

Got a quote from the guy sending the item, but i'd have liked to try from this side...

Telf 20 August 2008 12:31 PM

I had an A/C compressor delivered from a bloke who used parcels2go but said he selected DHL. I had a failed delivery note the first day (on DHL paper) but the next day they tries again, and i saw them drive away in a Clio?

The Rig 20 August 2008 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Telf (Post 8079983)
I had an A/C compressor delivered from a bloke who used parcels2go but said he selected DHL. I had a failed delivery note the first day (on DHL paper) but the next day they tries again, and i saw them drive away in a Clio?

Which goes back to what i said earlier, the guy delivering mine was in an unmarked white van whith a DIY dhl sticker stuck to the side.

they are all subcontractors,havent all of you not seen the leaflets on lampposts ?