ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   PC Speaker sounding odd... (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/70560-pc-speaker-sounding-odd.html)

Tiggs 07 February 2002 09:33 AM

i have a cambridge soundworks pair of speakers and sub for the pc- for some reason the left speaker has started playing real quiet and tiny while the right is fine- i swapped the feeds over and it did the same the otherway round so the speaker is fine.

are there any settings for this i may have missed (although it was fine till today???)

Tiggs

HHxx 07 February 2002 09:47 AM

sound balance?? ;)

Tiggs 07 February 2002 10:08 AM

i have clicked on the little speaker on the tool bar thing and that seems ok?

HHxx 07 February 2002 10:21 AM

Tiggs, if you are sure the balance is ok. Swap the inputs round if do-able, ie phono's plug type thingys..... Just to see if there is a problem with 1 of the amp channels.

H
-is HH running from the right or the left ;)

Tiggs 07 February 2002 10:26 AM

done that and the opposite speaker is quiet so i assume its the output on the back of the amp/sub?

Crispin 07 February 2002 10:28 AM

That was my remote "messupspeaker bot" that I piped down last night.....got there a smidge too late I reckon - DAMNIT!

seriously tho I have Cambridge SW Speakers too, you should have a speaker test prog you can use - have ya tried that.....(obvious I know but had to ask)

Tiggs 07 February 2002 10:29 AM

nope- how does that work?

Crispin 07 February 2002 10:38 AM

Ok - I'm at work now, but I do remember that the util is in the start menu (in the Creative section), but if you don't have it then i'll lob it on my website when I get home, and you can get it, but i'm more inclined to think its a h/w prob with your amp m8.....

you tried putting a line in from say your hifi to the amp, and seeing what that does to the sound?

Tiggs 07 February 2002 10:45 AM

good point - i'll try that!

Dream Weaver 07 February 2002 10:49 AM

Grab all the wires at the back of both speakers, and shake them backwards and forwards violently. This usually works when one of my speakers goes quiet :D:D:D

Will just be a loose connection in the wire.

DW

DominicA 07 February 2002 12:19 PM

I assume the speakers have a crappy little volume control you can stick to your PC??? if so, this IS the problem, have used many sets of these speakers which are great but the volume control thing is CRAP!!! mess about with the wheel for a bit and all should be fine, just don't ever touch or look at thing again once ok...

Tiggs 07 February 2002 12:24 PM

dominicA and dream W,

i twiddle the control and shook the wires and kicked the amp....and it works!

why the hell cant these ppl make things that work properly :rolleyes:

Tiggs