ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Guitar Hero --Wii or PS3 ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/705098-guitar-hero-wii-or-ps3.html)

kbsub 08 August 2008 09:25 PM

Guitar Hero --Wii or PS3 ??

Daughter wants the game and as we have both consoles was wondering which one to buy ? Any one played both ? our loyalties lies with the Wii and Nintendo and the PS3 gets used for Blu Ray but if the PS3 version is far better then ....

bob269 08 August 2008 09:39 PM

I don't think the Wii has downloadable songs whereas the ps3 does (i think)

I very much doubt theres any difference between pc/360/wii/ps3. It's not a graphical game.

Oh and you may consider looking at rock band. It has a lot better playlist (just my opinion tho)

kbsub 08 August 2008 11:35 PM

Just watched the video review on gamespot and all versions have downloadable content and surprisingly the PS3 is the only console that you are unable to play with friends online , As the Wii version uses the Wii Remote to simulate Guitar movements and its $10 cheaper than the PS3 version, The Wii wins again :D

bob269 09 August 2008 12:32 AM

Just googled, they indeed fixed the major wii cockup with no dolby and have since introduced dlc. All versions of the guitar have a mercury sensor to sense when you tilt it, obviously the wii uses the wiimote instead hence the cheaper price tag.

Rockband 2 is release September, it's still worth considering ;)

As for the Ps3 lack of friends, No comment :D

kbsub 09 August 2008 12:54 AM

Does Rockband have the drum kit ? Don't really want all that cluttering up the Lounge :D

bob269 09 August 2008 01:04 AM

2 x Guitar (lead + bass), drums and vocals, you can buy the stuff seperate, you can use any mic for the vocal.

The new GH due soon has drums + vocals also.

Altho Soon may mean next year. ;)

spireite 09 August 2008 09:31 AM

I have ps3 and a wii ,but got guitar hero for the wii for the simple reason
Amazon.co.uk: guitar hero

and it is brand new ,not used :thumb:

kbsub 09 August 2008 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by spireite (Post 8058150)
I have ps3 and a wii ,but got guitar hero for the wii for the simple reason
Amazon.co.uk: guitar hero

and it is brand new ,not used :thumb:

So what you saying ? You bought it because it was the cheapest and now your selling it ? :confused:

spireite 09 August 2008 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by kbsub (Post 8058872)
So what you saying ? You bought it because it was the cheapest and now your selling it ? :confused:

where did i say that :confused: :wonder:

kbsub 09 August 2008 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by spireite (Post 8058992)
where did i say that :confused: :wonder:

I didnt say you did ...But I didnt understand what you were saying

spireite 09 August 2008 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by kbsub (Post 8059394)
I didnt say you did ...But I didnt understand what you were saying

ive just bought it ( why would i want to sell it ) reason i bought it was hey its near on half price :thumb: