ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Can anyone recommend a vehicle broker or car supermarket? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/705012-can-anyone-recommend-a-vehicle-broker-or-car-supermarket.html)

ScoobyWon't 08 August 2008 01:52 PM

Can anyone recommend a vehicle broker or car supermarket?

I'm looking into changing vehicle in the future and I'm wondering if anyone on here can recommend a broker or car supermarket that they have had experience dealing with - or any that should be avoided. I don't want to go to a main-stealer as I just see them as robbing barstewards (especially the Honda one I dealt with when looking into getting a Civic Type-R a couple of months ago).

There are a few models that I'm interested in, but I'd just like to browse around and see what prices they are being offered at to begin with.

Kieran_Burns 08 August 2008 02:11 PM

Go to Available Car at Castle Donington - no pressure put on you at all. VERY large selection of cars and you can take as many cars for a spin (albeit a SHORT one) as you like.

You'll only be approached to ask if you want the catalogue and that's it. Even when you come back inside you have to look for someone to help - they will rarely approach you.

ScoobyWon't 08 August 2008 02:30 PM

I'll give them a miss. I'm looking at new/pre-registered.

sti-04!! 08 August 2008 02:39 PM

Why dont you go to the dealers & looksee what you want & then order from one of those sites on the internet ?? I cant remember the names of them but i did see them when i was looking to lease my ML earlier in the year or try leasing ?

ScoobyWon't 08 August 2008 02:50 PM

Anyone you recommend for leasing?

I've taken the Civic Type-R out, which I absolutely love. That's high on the list.

However, I'm toying with the idea of moving to diesel. Plus I do like the BMW build quality to which I grown accustomed maybe a 320d SE or MSport.

Although I'm hoping to go out in a SEAT as they are supposedly better than the Golfs.

Think I'll keep browsing until I have a short list.

mightyyid 08 August 2008 03:22 PM

carfile.net

drivethedeal.com

Bought from both and both were top notch with no issues whatsoever...

little-ginge 08 August 2008 03:35 PM

used cars » Great Cheap Used Cars from the World's Largest Car Supermarket::Cargiant

My other half got his BMW 320d MSport there last year.. saved a wadge:thumb:

ScoobyWon't 08 August 2008 03:47 PM

That reminded me not to let you near it if I get one :thumb:

little-ginge 08 August 2008 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 8056675)
That reminded me not to let you near it if I get one :thumb:

it was only a small dink!:lol1: :mad: :p

ScoobyWon't 08 August 2008 03:56 PM

Ooh, I've just found a lovely one in Le Mans blue with only 4500 miles on the clock. :luxhello:

What colour is your other half's?

PaulC72 08 August 2008 06:43 PM

drive the deal gets my vote I always use them for my benchmarks and half always heard good things about the.

Ballistic 08 August 2008 07:11 PM

Have you looked at what Motorpoint have to offer.
Was in there today (Derby) collecting my new company car and did see a new red CTR for under £16K
Can highly recommend them, their prices are right on the money and they even loaned me a car for free until mine arrived.

ScoobyWon't 09 August 2008 01:03 AM

I looked at Motorpoint. The CTR's were good value, but the BM' 320d's were better value elsewhere.

little-ginge 15 August 2008 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 8056703)
Ooh, I've just found a lovely one in Le Mans blue with only 4500 miles on the clock. :luxhello:

What colour is your other half's?

Sexy Silver:thumb:

ScoobyWon't 16 August 2008 12:38 AM

Talk about being a week late :rolleyes:

I'm hooked on the Civic Type R-GT now, but can't decide from red or metallic black... :wonder:

boxst 16 August 2008 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 8072085)
Talk about being a week late :rolleyes:

I'm hooked on the Civic Type R-GT now, but can't decide from red or metallic black... :wonder:

Black of course.

You should get a quote from DrivetheDeal, wait until the beginning of September and then get a Honda garage to price match.

I bought a Focus ST3 in the end as although the Civic looks stunning, I'm too old to cope with revving it to 8000 when I want the power.

Steve