ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   NEW VIRGIN BROADBAND DOESN'T WORK - HELP REQ'D (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/704802-new-virgin-broadband-doesnt-work-help-reqd.html)

L33_WRX 07 August 2008 10:17 AM

NEW VIRGIN BROADBAND DOESN'T WORK - HELP REQ'D

Tried absoluelty everything but the virgin broadband service I've ordered isn't working. I've tried the customer services lines but get put through to India which has got me absolutely nowhere.

Anyone on here work for Virgin Media?? Can anyone suggest a telephone number I can call to speak to someone in the UK to get an engineer out to sort it.

This is far from the service (well no service) I was expecting as a new customer to Virgin

Any help appreciated

Cheers

wheelwright 07 August 2008 10:33 AM

150 or 151 from your landline IF you have got virgin phone

Coffin Dodger 07 August 2008 10:41 AM

Did you not check it was working when the installer was there? When I had cable broadband from Telewest many years ago they came and set it all up and plugged it into my PC to make sure it was all up and running.

Do all the lights come on on the cable modem?

wheelwright 07 August 2008 10:48 AM

Virgin do not install the software on your pc, you have to do this yourself......have you installed the modem software correctly?

TelBoy 07 August 2008 10:50 AM

Have you upgraded to a more recent version of Windows (eg Vista), and do you therefore have a modem capable of handling this?

myblackwrx 07 August 2008 11:00 AM

Speak to pimmo2000 on here i'm sure he can help as he does work for them and is a damn sight more useful then the helplines (as i found out:) )
You may have to be quick as i think he's losing his job to India.

warrenm2 07 August 2008 11:04 AM

why dont you try posting this in computer related?!

Coffin Dodger 07 August 2008 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by wheelwright (Post 8054136)
Virgin do not install the software on your pc, you have to do this yourself......have you installed the modem software correctly?

There is no software to install, the cable modem has an Ethernet socket on the back of it, plug that into your PC (or router) and Bob's your Dad's brother.

Do seem to remember they had some sort of live support thing to install but I never bothered.

scoobynewbie72 07 August 2008 11:08 AM

how do you connect to your modem/router(also which do you have)

pimmo2000 07 August 2008 11:14 AM

Still need help ?

Leslie 07 August 2008 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger (Post 8054164)
There is no software to install, the cable modem has an Ethernet socket on the back of it, plug that into your PC (or router) and Bob's your Dad's brother.

Do seem to remember they had some sort of live support thing to install but I never bothered.

There is a lot more to getting a router to work than that, such as IP addresses etc.

Les

pimmo2000 07 August 2008 11:31 AM

I have Pm'd you . I'm going to speak to someone about a job but will be back this afternoon. I'm not in work but can still help you ..

Let me know if you want my help :)

scoobyvirgin 07 August 2008 11:39 AM

Make sure that the cable that is outside is actually connected, I've had this before where the previous owners of the house had disconnected it.

pimmo2000 07 August 2008 05:06 PM

No PM or reply so I assume everything is now working ok ?