ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Northampton.. (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/704562-northampton.html)

will_wrx 06 August 2008 12:42 AM

Northampton..

I see so many on the way home from work..

But tonight a really nice if i remember rightly, it was a Blue Blobeye STI, flashed at me on the Harlsetone Road in Duston, just past the speed camera on the hill, past the Ford garage. Looked lovely. Just caught you as you flashed and stuck thumb up.

I also see a Blue Terzo Classic aswell everyday after work in Kingsthorpe, Driven by a woman, quite a pretty one too, haha!! Car looks nice also!!

Who was it??

:)

Nicci 07 August 2008 09:26 AM

The (needing a polish) Terzo will be me. :)

What are you in as I only sometimes spot a Red new age and a black classic on my way home?

Bodgit 07 August 2008 10:46 AM

That would have been me :thumb:

I hadnt driven my car for about 3 weeks so was driving it after having to jump start it. I had just come back from a 20 mile run through the villages around that area to "charge the battery" :)

knobby_2000 16 August 2008 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nicci (Post 8053962)

What are you in as I only sometimes spot a Red new age and a black classic on my way home?

There are more of us out there!!

Northampton seems to have a growing population of Impreza's.... :thumb:

will_wrx 16 August 2008 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by knobby_2000 (Post 8073044)
There are more of us out there!!

Northampton seems to have a growing population of Impreza's.... :thumb:

Where abouts in Northants you from mate?

Blue by You 16 August 2008 09:16 PM

How many from Northants going to the Mcrae bash?

p1walding 17 August 2008 08:48 AM

hi all myself and a mate on the sidc have aranged a meet theres a few on here going aswell all is welcome:thumb: details below
(bank holiday weekend) at 11:30am at the needle and awl in rushden address is, northampton road
rushden
northamptonshire
NN10 6EF
there is a nice big car park for all of us to park together
needle and awl is children friendly
and a bonus is that meals are 2 for a £10
the thread is in regional,midlands(england),northants meet on 24:08:08(bank holiday weekend)
cheers p1walding
aka dazza

Blue by You 17 August 2008 02:05 PM

I can't make the August meeting in Rushden, but I'll keep a track on the midlands thread and hope to look in on one in the future.

Nicci 17 August 2008 03:16 PM

I would love to be at the McRae bash, but had already arranged to go to a ladies lunch/car meet that day.

I can't make the SIDC meet either as I am spending the weekend at Brands Hatch.

I haven't spotted any local scoobs since this thread started :freak3:

knobby_2000 17 August 2008 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by will_wrx (Post 8073102)
Where abouts in Northants you from mate?

In Northampton itself mate... :thumb:

The main car I see is a blue classic with 17's and an old fella driving it, often through Moulton Park and a green wagon coming into the town on Harborough Rd by Whitehills pub....... :)

will_wrx 17 August 2008 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by knobby_2000 (Post 8074204)
In Northampton itself mate... :thumb:

The main car I see is a blue classic with 17's and an old fella driving it, often through Moulton Park and a green wagon coming into the town on Harborough Rd by Whitehills pub....... :)

Ah right cool, i asked because, in Long Buckby, there is a really nice green wagon, thought it may have been yours!

Sorry if i sound nosey! :D

I saw a Blob eye Sti this morning, flashed and waved :D, not sure if it was the same person i spotted before though!

Neanderthal 17 August 2008 05:46 PM

The red newage is me :D
I usually see you if I've got stuck at work ;)
I often see a white STi new shape in the mornings, it actually doesn't look that bad in the flesh....

will_wrx 17 August 2008 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 8074404)
I often see a white STi new shape in the mornings, it actually doesn't look that bad in the flesh....

The white new shape STI, is John from Subaru Westaway in Spratton.

I hated the cars, now ive seen them in the flesh, i love them!

p1walding 17 August 2008 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by will_wrx (Post 8074427)
The white new shape STI, is John from Subaru Westaway in Spratton.

I hated the cars, now ive seen them in the flesh, i love them!

i popped to westaways a few weeks ago and drove johns sti he'd just had haywood and scott exhaust fitted, it sounded ok drive was not to bad but no turbo kick:( . it was not to bad i would not trade my sti blob eye in for one and when i was chatting to him he was missing he's old black sti

will_wrx 17 August 2008 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by p1walding (Post 8074465)
i popped to westaways a few weeks ago and drove johns sti he'd just had haywood and scott exhaust fitted, it sounded ok drive was not to bad but no turbo kick:( . it was not to bad i would not trade my sti blob eye in for one and when i was chatting to him he was missing he's old black sti

That sucks :(.

His old black sti was lush.

I need to drive the new sti.

Is it nothing on the older imprezas?

SCOOBYJOHN12 17 August 2008 07:36 PM

so there are scoobs in northampton i go up to river side some times with mine as i work on there seen plenty when i leve work but nothing in the morning :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Blue by You 17 August 2008 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by will_wrx (Post 8074583)
That sucks :(.

His old black sti was lush.

I need to drive the new sti.

Is it nothing on the older imprezas?

For what it's worth I had a good drive round in the new STi a few weeks ago courtesy of Souls in Olney. Obviously you can't give it the beans with a sales rep looking on, but the ride and power delivery are what you might expect from a a car with the STI's heritage. The engine management controls are a bit too complicated for my liking, and it took us about 6 attempts to get the motor started with the security system trying to do it's job too well, but it's difficult not to like a car with around 300 BHP available. I wouldn't swop it for my blob.

knobby_2000 17 August 2008 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by will_wrx (Post 8074347)
Ah right cool, i asked because, in Long Buckby, there is a really nice green wagon, thought it may have been yours!

Sorry if i sound nosey! :D

I saw a Blob eye Sti this morning, flashed and waved :D, not sure if it was the same person i spotted before though!

lol no probs....

Westaway Subaru in Spratton, I drive past there most days drooling!.....and often see the mechanics testing on that excellent Northampton Rd through the villages up to the A14 junction :)

Andy T 18 August 2008 08:43 AM

Have spotted one or two around :)

Nicci 18 August 2008 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 8074404)

The first time I spotted you, I thought you were someone else, as I could hardly see your face and you gave a little wave (as though I was weird for waving). You still have the only red one locally that I am aware of.

Neanderthal 18 August 2008 03:19 PM

I was thinking "Is that Nicci?" then remembered I should be waving :lol1:

Andy T 18 August 2008 03:32 PM

Hey Nicci, how are you? not seen you for a while other than when I spot you around Sainsburys 6Fields, normally too far away to wave and be seen. Not going to pap me hooter either as it is obnoxiously loud and i get embarresed easily :freak3:

p1walding 18 August 2008 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Blue by You (Post 8074099)
I can't make the August meeting in Rushden, but I'll keep a track on the midlands thread and hope to look in on one in the future.

will try and make it a regular meet if all goes ok:luxhello: there is a scooby meet on the 1st sunday off the month at the billing mill (northampton)at 7pm,not see a thread in a while thats were i first met you nicci all those years ago:lol1:
i am trying to organise a rolling road at linden building in wellingborough sometime in october if anyone is intersted only details i have got at the moment is £30 for a go and would need a min off 5 scoobys will keep you all posted if any more news:thumb:

Neanderthal 20 August 2008 09:12 PM

There's me waving like a loon tonight thinking "I'll show her, complaining about my lack luster waving" and you were sitting there looking in your rear view mirror (at the traffic lights near boughton green road)! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Nicci 21 August 2008 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 8081096)
There's me waving like a loon tonight thinking "I'll show her, complaining about my lack luster waving" and you were sitting there looking in your rear view mirror (at the traffic lights near boughton green road)! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Oh, I do remember sitting there thinking about the roadworks I was about to tackle down the road and looking behind me. So I must have been looking everywhere except right in front :freak3:

p.s. hi to Andy (where have you been?)

Andy T 21 August 2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nicci (Post 8081829)
p.s. hi to Andy (where have you been?)

Been about mate, local meet seemed to dry up over the last year, a few of the old faces have dissappeared, not seen people for ages.

Am going over on Sunday thou.

shamrock 21 August 2008 02:12 PM

Anyone here own the bug eye with exhausts that exit underneath each door? I've seen it a few times on the A45, very unique.

F1 CJE UK 24 August 2008 09:21 PM

think thats one of the cars i have seen at zens

(will wrx tried to PM you but your inbox is full just to give you my number)

will_wrx 25 August 2008 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK (Post 8088434)
think thats one of the cars i have seen at zens

(will wrx tried to PM you but your inbox is full just to give you my number)

Cleared out mate :)

Neanderthal 25 August 2008 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by shamrock (Post 8082337)
Anyone here own the bug eye with exhausts that exit underneath each door? I've seen it a few times on the A45, very unique.

Driven/owned by a former colleague(and a girl! :o)
She's thinking of changing the exhaust back to a rear exit cause it can be a right pain the backside over speed bumps etc.