ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Two planes in airport collision - Manchester (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/704479-two-planes-in-airport-collision-manchester.html)

gazza-uk 05 August 2008 05:39 PM

Two planes in airport collision - Manchester

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Two planes in airport collision

Two aircraft have been involved in what has been described as a minor collision at Manchester Airport.

Emergency services rushed to the scene after the wing tip of a Futura Boeing 737 hit the tail of a Lufthansa Airbus A320 while taxiing from Terminal One. No-one on board the aircraft was hurt in the collision, which ripped about 4ft (1.2m) of one wing tip's fin.

NotoriousREV 05 August 2008 05:43 PM

Woman driver?

scoobyvirgin 05 August 2008 05:47 PM

Spanish Pilot ;)

Shark Man 05 August 2008 06:00 PM

A true Spaniard would have still taken off! ;)

J4CKO 05 August 2008 07:01 PM

Funny, we were talking about planes crashing today at work, I was winding a girl up who is flying to Atlanta on Delta that they have got their old Tri-Stars out of storage in the desert due to the credit crunch and not being able to afford new planes.

Then I realised I am flying on Thursday.

joshuaaaron 05 August 2008 07:16 PM

i fly to philadelphia with delta in october, one of mates told me they only flying with three engines these days to save on fuel

j4ckos mate 05 August 2008 10:12 PM

Where you of j4cko

boxst 05 August 2008 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 8050920)
Funny, we were talking about planes crashing today at work, I was winding a girl up who is flying to Atlanta on Delta that they have got their old Tri-Stars out of storage in the desert due to the credit crunch and not being able to afford new planes.

Then I realised I am flying on Thursday.

I hope you told her to check the type of plane: As we discussed before, Delta use some shockingly old planes on that route with no entertainment.

Steve

Leslie 05 August 2008 10:33 PM

Expensive!

Les

Shark Man 05 August 2008 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by boxst (Post 8051367)
I hope you told her to check the type of plane: As we discussed before, Delta use some shockingly old planes on that route with no entertainment.

Steve

According to this: Delta Air Lines - Details and Fleet History - Planespotters.net they aren't running any DC10s anymore, but some of the 757s date back to 1985...aren't they the ones that have a habit of leaking exhaust fumes into the cabin? ;)

billythekid 06 August 2008 08:22 AM

I can just imagine the scene...

"beep...........beep.... beep..beep.beeep.beeeeeepp. crunch".

They have beepers on planes right?

Nido 06 August 2008 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by joshuaaaron (Post 8050958)
i fly to philadelphia with delta in october, one of mates told me they only flying with three engines these days to save on fuel

:lol1: :lol1: