ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I am getting MARRIED on Thursday! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/704391-i-am-getting-married-on-thursday.html)

Abdabz 05 August 2008 08:41 AM

I am getting MARRIED on Thursday!

Yes, folks, after 20months of being a fiancee' we have finally made it to the day before the day before!!!!

I have been with Mrs Abdabz to be :luvlove: for 4 1/2 years and on Thursday at 1pm we finally tie the knot :luxhello:

I couldnt sleep last night for my flipping grooms speech going round and round in my head - don't know why I am worrying about that, I know everyone in the room and I have it on card anyway :wonder:

It's a traditional day (with the exception of me having two best men)...

The wedding is at the local parish church (who charge you for everything they can these days - bells, choir, video license - they even try to inist you leave the flowers :freak3: ), followed by a reception at a local hotel...

We're catering for 70 on the day and 130+ on the night so it should be a good party... :cool:

Got some last minute things to sort out today (the company we used to sort out the seating plan put the wrong date on the top of it - cretins :mad: )... etc...

Then tomorrow, the best men and I are staying at a local hotel while Mrs Abdabz to be stays at our house with Bridesmaids and her dad etc as we live in the village where we are to marry...
I get up on the morning of the wedding, full english breakky, then over to one of the best mens to change, chain smoke and neck a cheeky vodka or two (breath mints are packed).:norty:

Car picks us up at 12.10 and takes us to the church before picking up the bridesmaids from ours and then going back for Mrs Abdabz to be and her dad - then BANG it's all on... :luxhello:

I cant wait :D

We even have a top quality local swing band act booked in for an hour of the evening do for a bit of rat pack :luxhello:

We stay on the hotel on the Friday night too before fecking off on a two week med cruise aboard a ship we have been on before :D

If anyone wants to enlist the help of a heterosexual wedding planner or two, for 10% of your budget, we will go into business :D

See you all in 3 weeks :eek2:

sti-04!! 05 August 2008 08:44 AM

Congrats :lol1: & Good luck. :thumb:

SiPie 05 August 2008 08:45 AM

Have a great day Abz

Make the most of it and savour all the moments consciously, as the day passes in a flash

All the best :thumb:

Scoobychick 05 August 2008 08:47 AM

Have a fabby day, hope everything goes even better than you hope :thumb: :D

Account deleted by request 05 August 2008 08:48 AM

Have a great day :)

chop

ps - you tight barsteward for having it on a thursday :D

Jay m A 05 August 2008 09:39 AM

Yeah - 2 days off work for your guests, fookin ell :D

New_scooby_04 05 August 2008 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 8049686)

I couldnt sleep last night for my flipping grooms speech going round and round in my head

Take a leaf out of Peter Griffin's book:

"What can I say about my beautiful bride other than.....Milk, Milk, Lemonade, around the corner fudge is made" ;):D

Good luck!

Ns04

scousefly 05 August 2008 11:06 AM

FOOL FOOL FOOL

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NON NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

New_scooby_04 05 August 2008 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by scousefly (Post 8049903)
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NON NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Are you the father of the bride or groom???? ;) :D

Funkii Munkii 05 August 2008 11:31 AM

Good Luck to the pair of you Abz :thumb:

Leslie 05 August 2008 11:55 AM

The very best wishes to you both, hope the weather is kind and that you have a great day.

Don't worry about the speech, just thank everyone for the presents, I think you have to toast someone, can't remember who, tell a bad joke and try to keep standing for the whole bit!

Les :D

Ms Gooner 1 05 August 2008 11:59 AM

LOL - hope you have a wonderful day - make the most of it, cause after the "honeymoon" period - you'll be spending the next 3 years paying that ONE DAY off!!!

Good luck :thumb:

pauld37 05 August 2008 12:08 PM

Good luck :thumb:

P1-Brad 05 August 2008 12:36 PM

"... my wife is dressed to kill ...

... unfortunately she cooks that way too!! " ...

Got the biggest laugh when my mate married, and when I reused it (reworded slightly) in my best man's speech at the weekend!

And don't forget to thank the bridesmaid's...!

LC Geezer 05 August 2008 12:41 PM

Have you gone off sex Abz? You must have done because your sex life is surely about to end.

Seriously - congrats.

lozgti 05 August 2008 01:50 PM

Have a great day.

Kids next.......and a Citroen Picasso:thumb:

Abdabz 05 August 2008 04:20 PM

LOL, cheers peeps :D Thanks for the kind wishes :thumb:

The speech has been written for ages and I am wel happy with it - thank key people give them an expensive gift each then a couple of funny stories about first date / proposal etc followed by some charm about how lovely my wife looks...

I just want to be able to recite elloquently as much of it as poss rather than reading off a card :thumb:

I cant wait for that first poolside pint on the honeymoon when we can look back and laugh at how stressed we got along the way with all the planning and prep :D

GC8 05 August 2008 06:12 PM

Good luck.

little-ginge 05 August 2008 06:17 PM

Congratulations! Hope you both have a fabulous day:thumb: