ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Antigua Murder, sadly the husband has now died!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/704101-antigua-murder-sadly-the-husband-has-now-died.html)

Scoob99 03 August 2008 08:28 PM

Antigua Murder, sadly the husband has now died!!!!

I feel sooo sorry for both famlies:(
Cheers
Colin

Torquemada 03 August 2008 08:31 PM

:(

f1_fan 03 August 2008 08:32 PM

Have to say when I heard they were flying him back home to a hospital here I did wonder whether it would be too much for his body to take given his condition. Very sad.

PaulC72 03 August 2008 08:34 PM

its such a sad thing to hear the whole incident is shocking really, makes you wonder about ever leaving the house TBH.

Spoon 03 August 2008 08:37 PM

Very, very sad indeed. :(

DYK 03 August 2008 08:50 PM

It is sad to hear that for the families..but at least they did spend there last days together happily.I mean also what if the guy had survived,do you think that he would of spent the rest of his life thinking about it,and ever settled down with some other woman...

richs2891 03 August 2008 09:03 PM

Very sad indeed, There is an artice in the News Of The World today saying that there had been reports of poor security and robberies at the resort they where staying at.
Can pretty much say that Antigua is now off the limits for tourists.

Richard

The Dogs B******s 03 August 2008 09:04 PM

R.I.P.

little-ginge 03 August 2008 09:07 PM

I read that during the 24hour flight back, he suffered several medical complications.. I guess they were trying all they could to save him, but sadly it wasn't to be.

Reunited with his bride. My heart goes out to both families, what a terrible, terrible tragedy.

DYK 03 August 2008 09:14 PM

well before you go on about security,don't think that you are safe when you go to these place's.the money that they get paid and add to the fact they are most poorly trained,they are not going to get into any fire fights..they are really sleeping security guards,,hardly ex SAS.....

MartinM 03 August 2008 09:26 PM

(from my post on the other thread...)

R.I.P Catherine and Ben

Ben was my son's best friend at UWE where they were just about to start their 3rd-year doing a joint dissertation together. He went to the wedding three weeks ago yesterday.

My son will be completing his degree for Ben as much as himself.

Very sad.

We couldn't believe it when we answered the door to a reporter from the Sun on Wednesday afternoon "looking for a quote" and itv.com left a message on my son's Facebook a couple of hours later asking him to get in touch. Absolutely despicable :(

J4CKO 03 August 2008 09:58 PM

Jesus, so horrible, sincerely hope they find whoever did this and string the f*ckers up.

These evil b4stards have, in their greed given their tourist interest a possibly fatal blow, in the long run they will be worse off as will many of their innocent countrymen.

Jamo 03 August 2008 10:06 PM

at least he died at home, and now they are togeather again.

hope they catch the people that did this, and string the F**kers up! :(

Suresh 03 August 2008 10:18 PM

Very sad indeed. :(

j4ckos mate 03 August 2008 10:31 PM

Bloody shame, the porr friends and families,
i was talking to an old guy at work about why **** always happens to good peolple and not arseholes,

he said that it does but you dont know any arseholes.

J4CKO 03 August 2008 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8047042)
Bloody shame, the porr friends and families,
i was talking to an old guy at work about why **** always happens to good peolple and not arseholes,

he said that it does but you dont know any arseholes.

I do :D

speedymonkey 03 August 2008 11:12 PM

:(

Such sad news, there families must be devastated :(

On a morbid note, can you imagine the pain he would of gone through if he would of lived, only to learn of what had happened, and having to cope with the realisation of it, i recon he'd of wanted to have gone with her so they could rest in peace together, i know thats what i would of wanted :(

May they both rest in peace, and the culprits suffer, like they have made others suffer :mad:

Lee247 03 August 2008 11:17 PM

What in God's name, is happening to the world :(

Shark Man 04 August 2008 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 8046701)
Have to say when I heard they were flying him back home to a hospital here I did wonder whether it would be too much for his body to take given his condition. Very sad.

When I heard the news they were flying hinm back to teh UK I thought "are they mad" :cuckoo:

I'm not saying the flight would have finished him off, but most certainly would not have helped (mainly being at an air pressure equivelent to being at 8000ft) .

If they had to fly him for further treatment, then Florida would have been a far better alternative.

It makes me wonder if it was their travel insurer's pulling the purse strings to get them under NHS (as in free) treatment. Or maybe they were certain he was going to die anyway (although if that was the case, why the emergency evac? ). Very strange.

That aside it doesn't change was was a tragic event. My parents have been to Antigua and at the time did comment that the island had its "problems" with the poor locals; not that indifferent from many other similar ex-colonial islands (although not a candle on Jamaica).

andys 04 August 2008 09:23 AM

my guess is that they already know he was brain stem dead and just flew him home so they coudl turn the machine off at home

Wish 04 August 2008 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by andys (Post 8047481)
my guess is that they already know he was brain stem dead and just flew him home so they coudl turn the machine off at home

I agree .... Its all very sad.

RIP to both, I hope they have gone to a better place, together .....