ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   It's Official: Wagons are the Greatest Car Invented! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/703979-its-official-wagons-are-the-greatest-car-invented.html)

Mystik Journeyman 03 August 2008 09:44 AM

It's Official: Wagons are the Greatest Car Invented!

I went to Makro yesterday and went a bit overboard but was able to get it all in (just):
  • I had a rolled-up king size mattress in the passenger seat and two crates of drinks in the footwell,
  • Wife, baby and accessories in the back seat,
  • Massive mattress box folded along the passenger side of the car (A- to C-pillar),
  • More crates of drink, two pillows and some miscellaneous food (plus sub, amp, changer and strut brace, all unmoved) in the boot,
  • Pushchair on top of the parcel shelf,
and I still could've done a Ferrari 'round a track if I'd felt the need! Although the mattress may have KO'd me on the first left-hand bend!

Beefy 03 August 2008 09:47 AM

Theres no doubt about it, they are the greatest. I did 6 runs to the tip yesterday with the car packed to the rafters, I dont think the guys who work there could believe the amount of stuff packed in on each run, or how quickly I was able to get there and back! :D

Crofty79 03 August 2008 10:27 AM

Goes to show you can have a fast practial car for the family that's why I have one. :luxhello:

CTR54 03 August 2008 12:24 PM

me to......:luxhello:

BURTON 04 August 2008 12:52 PM

i moved house in two trips with a third for my tvs etc . quicker than any delivery van :norty:

escott 04 August 2008 03:06 PM

And people don't try to beat you away from the lights. Where's the fun in beating an estate :)

trails 04 August 2008 05:13 PM

they just disappear off most peoples radar ;)

NorthDownsScooby 04 August 2008 05:52 PM

I had a rolled-up king size mattress in the passenger seat and two crates of drinks in the footwell,
Wife, baby and accessories in the back seat,
More crates of drink, two pillows and some miscellaneous food (plus sub, amp, changer and strut brace, all unmoved) in the boot,
What no white wine or fruit-based drink for the missus...? You just weren't trying.....

stu turbo 98 04 August 2008 10:54 PM

i had mine packed with tools and 2 full sets of ladders on the roof(serious roof spoilers)im never late for work.

GaryCee 04 August 2008 11:02 PM

Funny to see this as tonight I was designated driver for our darts match and we were playing away. I had 4 passengers and when they got out of the car they were all pretty amazed at just how quick it was. I was particularly happy with the comments made from one of the guys whose best mate has an Evo. He said "that is seriously quick mate....and with 5 fat *******s in it too!"

Still selling it though unfortunately.

Cream 04 August 2008 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Crofty79 (Post 8045579)
Goes to show you can have a fast practial car for the family that's why I have one. :luxhello:

Ditto. It's great having a fast car you can pretend you got for it's practicality :D

Think I'm even winning the wife over a little, Now we have had a couple of family trips in it. Went to watch the BTTC at Oulton park last weekend.Me, wife, 3 kids. prams, food, chairs etc.

Lily The Beige 05 August 2008 12:11 PM

I agree, we have just been campimg for a week and we took me, him, 2 tiddly peeps, tent, bedding, 2 man dinghy plus oars and a wakeboard. On the way back it had all that and shed loads of sand as well.
liz xx