ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   BOOST PROBLEMS (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/703828-boost-problems.html)

adzer 01 August 2008 09:51 PM

BOOST PROBLEMS

ok folks after a list of problems the length of my arms i have solved all the problems apart from this last one.

when i boot the car up it just kills all power and about throws you thru the windscreen!

there is two faults on the ecu 24 and 44

idle control solenoid and wastegate control solenoid valve.

i changed the wastegate valve with the one from my other car but never changed the idle control.

i'm guessing i changed the correct part for code 44 but yet the car still has boost problems?

anyone know what the problem could be

Rossyboy99 01 August 2008 10:32 PM

hi

fuel cut, or boost leak

what boost are you running?

mine is currently driving along full throttle and then feels like everythign dies then picks up again?

adzer 01 August 2008 10:40 PM

i dont know what boost it is running as i've never had the car running full boost as it keeps killing the power.

could it be a faulty fuel pump? as i know the previous owner has been in about it and the fuel gauge no longer works?

or could it be the fact the turbo is fcuked, when i had it off the car the turbine casing had hair line cracks on it and looked split where it mated with the other part of the turbo where the metal ring clamp is fitted.

i do plan to rebuild the turbo when i have the cash but i think the problem is something else.

T1000 01 August 2008 10:42 PM

I agree with Rossyboy. It sounds like fuel cut due to overboosting (mine did the same thing). I had a boost controller fitted and all is ok now.

Rossyboy99 01 August 2008 10:45 PM

do you have a boost controller? are you driving along say at 80 in 4th and you put your foot down does it pull then basically jolt and go quiet then boost again almost like a bunny hope kinda thing when you fook up clutch contol?
does it do it in every gear?
fuel pump wise i doubt its that, is it whineing?

Rossyboy99 01 August 2008 10:46 PM

to combat my boost cut i'm going for chip to go for higher cut point, been advised against fcd's

adzer 01 August 2008 10:53 PM

how can it be over boosting? its pretty standard engine wise???

myblackwrx 01 August 2008 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by adzer (Post 8043889)
how can it be over boosting? its pretty standard engine wise???

mine used to overboost on a standard ecu when a little bit chilly (not helping in your problem unfortunately)

did you reset the ecu after changing the bit?

adzer 01 August 2008 11:16 PM

no i havent reset it yet as i dont know how?

will that be causing the problem like?

gav555scby 02 August 2008 09:44 AM

mines doing exactly the same thing. whens its goin to boost it just jerks and total loss of power, also pops and bangs. i changed the maf, lamder sensor, coolant temp sensor, knock sensor, oxy sensor and now have a uprated fuel pump but still the problem has not gone. so im a little stumped by this one.

will_wrx 02 August 2008 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by gav555scby (Post 8044397)
mines doing exactly the same thing. whens its goin to boost it just jerks and total loss of power, also pops and bangs. i changed the maf, lamder sensor, coolant temp sensor, knock sensor, oxy sensor and now have a uprated fuel pump but still the problem has not gone. so im a little stumped by this one.

I had the same problem on my uk2000, It turned out to be internal, had to have a full head rebuild. :(

PeeVee 02 August 2008 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by gav555scby (Post 8044397)

It sounds like you have a spark plug or coil problem.

Phil