ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   George Didnt Do It... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/703736-george-didnt-do-it.html)

Abdabz 01 August 2008 02:48 PM

George Didnt Do It...

TBH even as an outsider, it was obvious he didnt kill Jill Dando from the off....
The police just rounded the nearest fruitloop unable to provide adequate allibies and went all out for a quick PR win and successful prosecution.

I am delighted that he finally gets justice and hope the Dando family push the police to try and catch the real killer(s) as a matter of priority.

lozgti 01 August 2008 02:58 PM

It was a lucky find then.Didn't he have a house plastered with pictures of her?!

Presume he won his appeal then

j4ckos mate 01 August 2008 03:02 PM

why is it obvious, when we were kids my mates mum was murdered, dont recall the police just guessing mate, and rounding up the first mentalist,

i bet the daily mail is on overdrive

Abdabz 01 August 2008 03:03 PM

Yep he won his appeal... :D

DCI Gene Hunt 01 August 2008 03:06 PM

Even if he was innocent it's still been one less fruit loop walking the streets for a couple of years ;)

unclebuck 01 August 2008 03:12 PM

He's gonna be a wealthy fruitloop now.

unclebuck 01 August 2008 03:42 PM

The dodo died. Then Dodi died, Di died, and Dando died...

Dido must be ****ting herself. :D

Dowsie WRX 01 August 2008 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 8042915)
The dodo died. Then Dodi died, Di died, and Dando died...

Dido must be ****ting herself. :D

:lol: :D

mrtheedge2u2 01 August 2008 04:05 PM

rofl

Nat 01 August 2008 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti (Post 8042811)
It was a lucky find then.Didn't he have a house plastered with pictures of her?!

Presume he won his appeal then

No,i think he had something like 600 papers in his house and only 40 or so featured Dando, there was no specific "thing" about her.

NotoriousREV 01 August 2008 06:57 PM

I await the hand-wringing Channel 4 documentary to deliver the facts to my door :Suspiciou

J4CKO 01 August 2008 07:00 PM

He has an IQ of 75, personality disorders and delusions, but enough about j4ckos mate, that Barry George is a nutter.

Paul3446 01 August 2008 07:12 PM

I read a very interesting article a while ago about the whole Serbian connection, sounded plausible to me, I don't remember exactly but she'd just done a fairly big news story about the situation there.

mart360 01 August 2008 08:21 PM

I never thought he did it, now will come the real fun

(blame culture) :D:D:D

feell sorry for JD's family, there back at square one so to speak

Mart

J4CKO 01 August 2008 09:04 PM

Judith Chalmers is the one ****ting herself.

Bravo2zero_sps 01 August 2008 10:12 PM

I just don't get this, the bloke wasn't convicted on no evidence, they didn't just pick a name out of a hat there had to have been evidence to convict him and a jury found him guilty on that evidence.

Scientists matched the particle found in the pocket of George's cashmere overcoat to firearms residue combed from Dando's hair.

It put George at the scene - and helped convict him of the horrific murder.

But when his lawyers fought to remove the evidence from the prosecution case there was nothing to link him directly to the shooting - and today he walked free.
Err hang on that's pretty damning evidence to get removed from the case :cuckoo:

timmy2take 01 August 2008 10:37 PM

From what I heard on the news today, in the original case they found bullet fragments in his coat pocket, the same metal fragments found presumably wherever she was shot. For some reason that evidence wasn't used in the retrial.