ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   blown bottom end v4 sti after awsome race with evo and rs4 (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/703472-blown-bottom-end-v4-sti-after-awsome-race-with-evo-and-rs4.html)

redsuk 31 July 2008 12:36 AM

blown bottom end v4 sti after awsome race with evo and rs4

hi ppl ive finaally blown my bottom end after a spectacular race in my v4 sti type r. the rs4 was a little over confident and i taught him a good lesson ha ha
however the evo out performed us both and it didnt suprise me much as he had RC developments livery all over the car later caught up with him at redlights and he claimed 570 bhp and it wouldnt suprise me.

any way now would like help with the following.

what parts do i need exactly for the rebuild eg bearings etc.

and where i can get them from at the best price

thanks

bighead 31 July 2008 01:34 AM

try lateral performance....for all yr needs

Badbird 31 July 2008 06:42 AM

and i hope whoever you go to for advice advises you not to race on the street,
its not clever and ppl die as a result,
go to a race track or dragstrip......

JohnD 31 July 2008 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by redsuk (Post 8039907)
hi ppl ive finaally blown my bottom end after a spectacular race in my v4 sti type r. the rs4 was a little over confident and i taught him a good lesson ha ha
thanks

Hmm! You certainly did teach him a good lesson - to thank the Lord he was in the RS4 and not a Subaru?
As a teacher I get paid for giving lessons - in your case it has
COST the teacher about 3 grand? :eek: ;)

JohnD

simb 2 31 July 2008 10:51 AM

Give API a call, David will be able to sort you out:thumb:

Bats-Wrx 31 July 2008 12:07 PM

I could save you some penny's i have a Stock sti V3 short block for £250 bolt her in and off you go alot cheaper than a rebuild.

exvaux 31 July 2008 01:40 PM

get a 2.5 short engine or at least forge the bottom end to prevent it going as easily and make sure you have enough fuel when racing as these stupid cars dont seem to like goin fast under half a tank

SPEN555 31 July 2008 01:50 PM

PMSL!

How have you managed to blow it up??? Did you over rev it?

exvaux 31 July 2008 02:53 PM

they run lean very easy,common problem on these cars

New_scooby_04 31 July 2008 04:38 PM

Imports, especially the STi V and 6 are easy to destroy though DET from running on the wrong grade petrol. A dodgy MAF sensor can kill an engine quickly, as can inadequate cooling of ACTs for example on a sustained high speed run on a classic.

If they give up though, there is usually a very good reason. You need only look at the number of people, including myself, who run their cars at near 50% over what they left Subaru UK with, with no issues whatsoever (touchwood etc :) ). Treated correctly and looked after and driven well, they're very reliable. Problem with most imports, you just don't know their history and they're usually not exactly spring chickens! Recipe for disaster IMHO. That's not to say there aren't blinders out there though!

Ns04

Jam Performance 31 July 2008 04:56 PM

Ask Neil at slowboy racing, hes got a quite a few built motors in stock, hes also running a Forged 2.5 Group Buy on the Slowboy Forum at the moment :thumb:

GC8 01 August 2008 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Badbird (Post 8039970)

That this post has been rated negatively doesnt reflect well on the state of ScoobyNet, does it?

Imbeciles race on the street, and post here too, by the looks of it.

Badbird 01 August 2008 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird

That this post has been rated negatively doesnt reflect well on the state of ScoobyNet, does it?

Imbeciles race on the street, and post here too, by the looks of it.

No wonder scooby drivers have such a bad image From my post being rated badly I take it that scoobynet or at least the majority of users condone street racing,
the way i see it is the realy good drivers go to track days, the realy fast cars go to RWYB's at santa pod/shakespeare county ect the idiots race on the street to impress their silly mates and little girls

also driving up my insurance premium while their at it

nom 01 August 2008 10:04 AM

Bad image & high insurance too.

rbaz 01 August 2008 10:11 AM

Come on was it a real full on street race or just a little play with a couple of quick cars :Suspiciou
I suspect it was a little play which I am sure most of us here do from time to time :rolleyes:

Badbird 01 August 2008 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by rbaz (Post 8042172)
Come on was it a real full on street race or just a little play with a couple of quick cars :Suspiciou
I suspect it was a little play which I am sure most of us here do from time to time :rolleyes:

three cars involved the way i read it so it wasnt a little play
and how can you play with 500 + hp do you know how quick a car with that hp will accelerate ??? :eek2: Starship enterprise quick is something like it so its not playing its lethal

rbaz 01 August 2008 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Badbird (Post 8042200)
three cars involved the way i read it so it wasnt a little play
and how can you play with 500 + hp do you know how quick a car with that hp will accelerate ??? :eek2: Starship enterprise quick is something like it so its not playing its lethal

There are plenty people on here running around that figure and yes I do know what it would feel like accelerating with that sort of power. Like my bike lol

Probably a wind up anyway.

Badbird 01 August 2008 10:36 AM

well then you will know its way too quick for the street if used for showing off or racing,
anything over 400 hp on the street has to be driven responsibly
Not trying to ruin anyones fun but its only fun till it goes wrong

john banks 01 August 2008 01:30 PM

Should be obvious from your post, buy an Evo instead :p

Don't do it if you're going to drive like an idiot though :Whatever_

New_scooby_04 01 August 2008 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by john banks (Post 8042591)
Should be obvious from your post, buy an Evo instead :p

:p :lol1:

Anger 01 August 2008 04:01 PM

Where in his post does it say it being on the road :wonder:

john banks 01 August 2008 04:08 PM

I suppose you do get red lights on racetracks.

jonny_693 01 August 2008 05:08 PM

Oh dear another thread with the word 'race' in has turned into a p c brigade fest
:brickwall :Whatever_

redsuk 01 August 2008 05:08 PM

ok guys we were not racing on public roads. there is an industrial area where we have been given permission to race when exiting the area we have traffic lights which go through to the main roads.

im glad people on here arnt happy with street racing as it puts the lives of the general public at risk.

anyway any advice on building a 2.5? E.G what parts are needed and how to do it?
thanks

M535I 01 August 2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by redsuk (Post 8043116)
ok guys we were not racing on public roads. there is an industrial area where we have been given permission to race when exiting the area we have traffic lights which go through to the main roads.

im glad people on here arnt happy with street racing as it puts the lives of the general public at risk.

anyway any advice on building a 2.5? E.G what parts are needed and how to do it?
thanks

tee hee i believe some one is covering up i can smell it lol :nono:

Keith Collings 01 August 2008 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by redsuk (Post 8043116)

thanks

Yeah - right [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/collingk/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/collingk/Desktop/flying_pig.gif[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/collingk/Desktop/flying_pig.gif[/IMG]

mit 01 August 2008 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Badbird (Post 8042218)
well then you will know its way too quick for the street if used for showing off or racing,
anything over 400 hp on the street has to be driven responsibly
Not trying to ruin anyones fun but its only fun till it goes wrong

Does that mean i can drive my 300bhp car irresponsibly?!:lol1:

Badbird 01 August 2008 08:36 PM

:lol: you can probably push the loud pedal further befour you get up to irresponsible:D

rbaz 01 August 2008 10:12 PM

Trust me irresponsible can happen in a 1.9 Pug Partner Van you do have to try hard tho never mind with a 300bhp Scooby :Whatever_ not that I ever am anyway :p