ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What's the parking like at ExCeL? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/703104-whats-the-parking-like-at-excel.html)

Scoobychick 29 July 2008 10:17 AM

What's the parking like at ExCeL?

We're off to the Motor Show tomorrow and it's a pretty easy drive from here but I've never been before, the website says there is 'limited parking', how limited do they mean? :wonder:

The other option is the train but that will be hot and smelly :D

timmy2take 29 July 2008 10:25 AM

I parked at Canary Wharf the other day, was about £5 for 3 hours and got the DLR train up there for a few £s. Only did this as found out from someone on here that they'd paid £10 an hour to park there. My brother was working at the Excel and only paid £10, but couldn't find out from him if he was getting staff rates or not.

3times 29 July 2008 10:56 AM

For the Motorshow parking is £10 all day.

If you get there early (i did), with a bit of blagging, you can get in the underground car park. If not you get directed to a park & ride site.

speedking 29 July 2008 11:06 AM

the Telegraph recommends parking at the dome and catching the train. HTH

ScoobyWon't 29 July 2008 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8035868)
the website says there is 'limited parking', how limited do they mean? :wonder:

The spaces are big enough to fit in a new shape Mini or two Smart cars. And the lines aren't parralel, they point inwards like this: / \ ;)

HTH :p

Leslie 29 July 2008 12:17 PM

We don't half get ripped off these days!

Les

joey_turbo 29 July 2008 12:24 PM

I've been there quite a few times, never found the parking to be an issue, even at a Max Power show!

R 14NS R 29 July 2008 12:46 PM

went on wednesday last week, paid £10 for the whole day, loads of spaces, (tell them you have prebooked tickets and go to the purple zone.

Scoobychick 29 July 2008 12:48 PM

Thanks for all your help chaps, it's much appreciated :thumb: As it happens we do have pre-booked tickets so will aim for the purple zone rather than the park and ride :cool:

Jerome 29 July 2008 01:20 PM

I was on the DLR yesterday going to/from the Motor Show. I'd rather crawl using my eyelids than use that line again.

bugeyeandy 29 July 2008 01:37 PM

Aviod the DLR at all costs, much quicker to crawl on your hands and knees than travel by robot train.

Excel multistory at the West entrance is £10 all day and there was loads of space when we went last week (got there at midday).

2 mins walk from that multistorey to the show.

DLR sucks.

Scoobychick 30 July 2008 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by R 14NS R (Post 8036127)
went on wednesday last week, paid £10 for the whole day, loads of spaces, (tell them you have prebooked tickets and go to the purple zone.

Thanks for the tip, this is exactly what we did, we just drove in, parked up right by the entrance inside the multi-storey and strolled in :thumb:

It took us 45 minutes door to door and was more or less traffic free (M11, A406) and we had a very good day :cool:

Nat 30 July 2008 08:57 PM

Never had a problem parking in the Multi storey at Excel :)

alistair 30 July 2008 09:18 PM

I went on Monday - got there around noon and there were loads of places in the multi storey near the west entrance - £10 for the day

joey_turbo 30 July 2008 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8039477)
Never had a problem parking in the Multi storey at Excel :)

I parked there today, following the exit signs took me round in circles!
Bloody things.

BOB.T 30 July 2008 10:06 PM

Me too Joey :rolleyes: I think we did more miles in the car park than we did all day walking round! :D

joey_turbo 30 July 2008 10:18 PM

Ha Ha glad it wasn't me. I said to my dad, look at that Evo parked up. A short while later I saw another exactly like it, in the exact same parking spot :lol1:

Scoobychick 31 July 2008 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by joey_turbo (Post 8039655)
Ha Ha glad it wasn't me. I said to my dad, look at that Evo parked up. A short while later I saw another exactly like it, in the exact same parking spot :lol1:

Was it the red Tommi Mak? We passed that a fair bit too :lol1:

richardg 31 July 2008 11:57 AM

never had a problem parking there and i used to go 4/5 times a year for trade shows.

when i went to the motor show in 06 there was no problem at all with parking as it was poorly attended compared to this year!