ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Disklok any good? (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/703048-disklok-any-good.html)

burbling1 28 July 2008 11:07 PM

Disklok any good?

Does anyone know if the Disklok (covers all of steering wheel) are hard to get off by a car thief.

GC8 28 July 2008 11:14 PM

Theyre the best physical anti theft device other than a Dipol/Mul-T-Lock.

scoobygreg 28 July 2008 11:40 PM

they are thatcham approved

T1000 29 July 2008 02:54 PM

They are probably the best lock around but unfortunately on my MY99 with the Momo steering wheel this Disklok damaged my steering wheel every time I put it on. It was too tight and scuffed the top of the steering wheel constantly. Therefore I had to sell it in the end and by a Stoplock Pro which fits nicely and is also a great lock.

haroldhettaturbo 29 July 2008 03:09 PM

My old disklock which i bought 7 yrs ago fits the m99 momo wheel fine.

Iv just bought a new one for my run around and its to tight on the scooby.

You need to buy size medium.

Must be a slight design change between the old and new.

scoobygreg 30 July 2008 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by T1000 (Post 8036396)
They are probably the best lock around but unfortunately on my MY99 with the Momo steering wheel this Disklok damaged my steering wheel every time I put it on. It was too tight and scuffed the top of the steering wheel constantly. Therefore I had to sell it in the end and by a Stoplock Pro which fits nicely and is also a great lock.

i noticed the same thing with mine and when unlocking it it kept hitting the screen

lunar tick 30 July 2008 04:25 PM

Bought one last year for my 03 Newage. A great deterrent. The 'small' size fits perfectly over the wheel and plenty of room for getting it on and off :thumb:

SVVG 30 July 2008 06:03 PM

Know what you mean re scuffing steering wheel - I use bubble wrap round the wheel first... I kow this is asking for a p*ss ripping - but my steering wheel no longer gets dented (dents slowly came out anyway) or damaged!!!

Evo Unknown 31 July 2008 09:30 AM

Yep, the Disc-Loc is a great anti-theft device. I was sick of buying Jap imports that had no alarm/immobiliser system fitted whatsoever and haven't always been able to stomach £300 plus for a Cat I device...

Mine's done me proud on a Starlet GT Turbo and now my STI Type R. I have the size 'small' one and that fits the wheel fine.

Don't know about bubble-wrap etc. The device is meant to spin fairly freely on your wheel, so theifs can't get a purchase on it to give it a good twatting.

It's been tested in loads of performance car mags over the last decade and usually rated as the best...

Mark.

burbling1 04 August 2008 09:45 PM

Thanks for your replies. I can :sleep: better now. :thumb:

COLZO 06 August 2008 12:07 AM

Good physical and visual deterrent. The 'small' disclock fitted all my Imprezas fine.

BIG FUD 08 August 2008 04:01 PM

Mine was stolen and when found the lock was still on the car they just open your drivers door and turn the wheel,i still use 1 but wont stop them,like people have said a deterent just like cat 1, black jax, tracker,ect ...

COLZO 09 August 2008 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by mark ward (Post 8056712)
Mine was stolen and when found the lock was still on the car they just open your drivers door and turn the wheel,i still use 1 but wont stop them,like people have said a deterent just like cat 1, black jax, tracker,ect ...

The Disclock is designed to spin. I'm puzzled how they managed to drive and steer the car.:wonder: Did they get far????

BIG FUD 09 August 2008 09:40 AM

yes

Originally Posted by COLZO (Post 8057966)
The Disclock is designed to spin. I'm puzzled how they managed to drive and steer the car.:wonder: Did they get far????

They got about 1 1/4 miles away and stripped the electrics looking for tracker and to disconnect black jax car was wrote of for the electrics alone.

Ps the car was never started it was pushed and bump steered with 2 cars front and rear both bumpers had high damage with plnty paint marks from other cars...

Sexysue 31 August 2008 04:49 PM

Brilliant kit

I think your disklock is about as good as these things get.

It will take a villain about 45 sec or a minute with a bolster and chisel to chisel it off.

That is too much noise for most situations - £100 to sleep easy in your bed.

susie

scoobyverysoon 01 September 2008 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sexysue (Post 8101031)
I think your disklock is about as good as these things get.

It will take a villain about 45 sec or a minute with a bolster and chisel to chisel it off.

That is too much noise for most situations - £100 to sleep easy in your bed.

susie

How does it pass thachem if it can be removed within a minute there pass rate is 5 mins attack

GC8 02 September 2008 02:38 AM

A hammer and chisel is not the way to remove a DL.

saxx 02 September 2008 10:31 PM

lol

i think they're great. but thats just because my car is still outside my house every morning :lol: ... the day that its not i will say that they are ****!

Aztec Performance Ltd 02 September 2008 11:33 PM

I can testify they are VERY hard to remove (don't lose your keys!).

Test reports: https://www.disklok.com/news.html

RB5 Boyo 30 September 2008 04:07 PM

Right, im gonna buya brand new disklok for my my99 car with momo steering wheel, so my question is do i buy medium or small size?
I cant make up my mind as there are mixed answers above over whether to buy the small or if its slightly too tight lol:wonder: :wonder:

AL99 30 September 2008 04:13 PM

small fits fine on my99

billyray911 30 September 2008 04:38 PM

You still want it to spin around the steering wheel though,to avoid or to at least make the problem mentioned by Mark Ward more difficult.
Try before you buy...

Jesus H 30 September 2008 04:54 PM

this looks promising..

AUTO TASER UK Untouchable Car Security

YouTube - Protect your car with the auto taser 08-1998

GC8 30 September 2008 04:55 PM

Small. Medium spins on a Transit wheel and large fits HGVs!

RB5 Boyo 30 September 2008 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by billyray911 (Post 8166986)
You still want it to spin around the steering wheel though,to avoid or to at least make the problem mentioned by Mark Ward more difficult.
Try before you buy...

Well unfortunately i cannot do this as im gonna buy it on ebay lol:wonder:

Gonna go with the small i think:)

L.J.F 30 September 2008 07:23 PM

i use a medium on a my99, it has just enough room to spin like they are designed to do:thumb:

RB5 Boyo 30 September 2008 07:34 PM

Dammit, another different answer:lol1: ....right, someone tell me small or medium please, im lost now:brickwall

L.J.F 30 September 2008 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by RB5 Boyo (Post 8167448)
Dammit, another different answer:lol1: ....right, someone tell me small or medium please, im lost now:brickwall

medium, it needs to be able to spin around the steering wheel so-

1. the steering wheel cant be controlled whilst the disk loc is on.

2. it is much more challenging to try and tamper with the lock due to movement

haroldhettaturbo 30 September 2008 08:11 PM

My old disk lok that i have had 8 yrs. is small and fits my scoobys momo wheel.

I bought a new 1 and the small size dosnt fit??

Figure that 1 out?

GC8 30 September 2008 08:33 PM

If they have altered the sizes then all bets are off!