ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Buying teacher end of year presents (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/702293-buying-teacher-end-of-year-presents.html)

j4ckos mate 24 July 2008 10:13 PM

Buying teacher end of year presents

When did all this start?

My kids are wrapping theirs now, i wouldnt mind but sally's teacher was ****

and Sam has her next year.

We never bought our teachers anything when we were kids

ScoobyWon't 24 July 2008 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8027629)
we never bought our teachers anything when we was kids

And the grammar teacher was obviously useless too ;)

GlesgaKiss 24 July 2008 10:19 PM

Me and a few mates bought our high school geography teacher "going away" presents when she left. We all wanted to bone her badly though. That was the last year of school, and she said that if any of us were ever out in Glasgow, we could stay in her flat :norty:

Yes please! Still havnt taken her up on that offer though(i'm now 21)

Suresh 24 July 2008 10:36 PM

My boy starts school in September. Apparently his new teacher is a fox. Would lingerie be appropriate as a Christmas present? :norty:

ScoobyWon't 24 July 2008 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Suresh (Post 8027721)
My boy starts school in September. Apparently his new teacher is a fox. Would lingerie be appropriate as a Christmas present? :norty:

Only if you post pictures of her wearing it :norty:

j4ckos mate 24 July 2008 10:42 PM

you should see the one helping out at beavers - she just left to go to uni

GlesgaKiss 24 July 2008 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8027747)

Beavers? :eek:

ScoobyWon't 24 July 2008 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8027747)

Aren't you a little old to be going to Beavers? :wonder:

j4ckos mate 24 July 2008 11:01 PM

When i pick him up,

a girl go's there as well, i thought they had owls, or brownines

fast bloke 25 July 2008 01:07 AM

Fek the pressies - They get full pay for doing nothing for the holidays. Anyway - your kids will have new teachers next year, so there is nothing to be gained from buttering up the outgoing teachers.

Tam the bam 25 July 2008 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8027828)
When i pick him up,

a girl go's there as well, i thought they had owls, or brownines

Brownies :eek: Isn't that racist nowadays!! :Suspiciou

Tam the bam 25 July 2008 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by fast bloke (Post 8028185)
Fek the pressies - They get full pay for doing nothing for the holidays. Anyway - your kids will have new teachers next year, so there is nothing to be gained from buttering up the outgoing teachers.

I dunno mate, some of my kids teachers were hot as feck, I'd be happy to give them a box of chocks or a cream pie at the end of the year! :thumb:

SteveScooby 25 July 2008 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tam the bam (Post 8028191)
Brownies :eek: Isn't that racist nowadays!! :Suspiciou

:lol1: :luxhello:

fast bloke 25 July 2008 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tam the bam (Post 8028198)
I dunno mate, some of my kids teachers were hot as feck, I'd be happy to give them a box of chocks or a cream pie at the end of the year! :thumb:

You aren't getting it. Much as you may dream, you have to realise that a decent bottle of wine isn't going to get you on her christmas card list, never mind sniffing her knickers.

(You should see the bazongas on the young lass who educated our youngest this year. I managed to make it to every parent teacher interview, but i have absolutely no idea what she was saying :D )

Abdabz 25 July 2008 09:28 AM

LOL, Mrs Abdabz to be in 13 days is a teacher and this year we got 17 boxes of chocolates (pop round if you want some) and 5 bottles of wine, along with other goodies...:lol1:
It has happened for as long as she has been teaching (9 years) and is nothing more than a thankyou from parents who believe she has gone the extra mile with their kids.

Parents don't have to do it and if the teacher was poop, smelly or ugly I wouldnt suggest it, but for me it's great because I get drunk by association :notworthy:

:D

Scoob99 25 July 2008 10:20 AM

All we ever wanted to give our teachers when we left at the end of term was a good kick in:D How times have changed!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Colin

Kieran_Burns 25 July 2008 12:16 PM

We don't buy chocolates or wine at Christmas 'cos my wife brings back so much from the kids she teaches. She's a peri music teacher so she has somewhere like 200 kids to teach - we get LOADS of stuff

The mantlepiece is full of cards at the moment as well, she's been getting more and more each year, but has been getting them from the moment she started teaching. I guess the idea has just kind of caught on.

GC8WRX 25 July 2008 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8027629)
When did all this start?

My kids are wrapping theirs now, i wouldnt mind but sally's teacher was ****

and Sam has her next year.

We never bought our teachers anything when we were kids

Why give someone a present for doing their job, she should be happy she has six weeks off!

PeteBrant 25 July 2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 8028363)
LOL, Mrs Abdabz to be in 13 days is a teacher and this year we got 17 boxes of chocolates (pop round if you want some)

That's uncommonly charitable of you. Will the offer of your woman extend beyond you rmarriage date or do we have to redeem before the big day? :D