ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bread and butter (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/702088-bread-and-butter.html)

stevebt 24 July 2008 01:42 AM

Bread and butter

I have always bought Warburtons bread, but since it has rocketed up to £1.29 a loaf i decided to try the in store baked bread. I don't mean the packaged stuff I mean the bloomers and seasame seed oil batons etc etc . I never bought these before as I thought they were a waste of cash? But now they are cheaper than hovis/warburtons, plus the good thing with buying a fresh store baked baton is that its freshly cooked, smells loverly and feels fresh also when I get in the house its the 1st time I have ever heard my lass or my daughter ask for butter and bread and me trying it and liking it on freshly baked bread :)

coolangatta 24 July 2008 01:56 AM

Nothing better than fresh, warm baps :)

P1Fanatic 24 July 2008 09:01 AM

Yep they do taste nice but they dont last as long. A bit chewy after even 24hrs. Alright if your feeding a family of 4 and go through 1 a day but not so good for moi.

I like the tiger bread also :)

Simon

boxst 24 July 2008 09:52 AM

Mmmm.... Tiger bread.

My wife has always bought organic bread and for some reason it is actually cheaper than 'normal' bread these days. Strange.

Steve

Coffin Dodger 24 July 2008 10:06 AM

Get a bread machine, wake up to the smell of bread cooking in the morning, warm bread for brekkie, mmmmmm :D

Can make white, wholemeal, 50/50, granary, add seeds/fruit to it, dough for rolls/french bread/buns/pizza etc.

Bag of Tesco white bread flour costs 48p from which I can make 3 medium loaves, and you know exactly what all the other ingredients are that are going into your bread :)

Leslie 24 July 2008 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by coolangatta (Post 8025683)
Nothing better than fresh, warm baps :)

Most of the blokes on here would agree with that!

Les :D

jaytc2003 24 July 2008 02:11 PM

yep freshly baked french stick type rolls are usually very cheap (talking about 30p after work)

Idea with soup, or slice along the middle, and make your own garlic bread with it, lurvely :smug:

jaytc2003 24 July 2008 02:14 PM

warm baps are nice though as well, but they dont need to be fresh :lol1:

girl-in-a-scoob 24 July 2008 02:35 PM

Make your own .. works out at about 20p a loaf. Argos Cookworks Bread maker £30 ish makes a nice light loaf :thumb:

You can make what you like, have made olive, olive & sun dried tomato, cheese & onion, apricot, apricot and cranberry. Nothing beats it

coolangatta 24 July 2008 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8026114)
Most of the blokes on here would agree with that!

Les :D

Yes Les, in this new world of the 'new-age man' there's still a place for us blokes. :thumb:

TopBanana 24 July 2008 03:55 PM

Bread and butter pudding... now you're talking

kingofturds 24 July 2008 04:23 PM

I was bought a bread maker for christmas once, it's currently in the shed full of spiders and snails:mad: If anyone ever buys me one for a present again I will smash it over their head:D cooking is womans work!

STi wanna Subaru 24 July 2008 04:27 PM

Bread.... other than beer there is nothing better to cut out of your diet if you're trying to lose weight IMO.

Leslie 26 July 2008 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by coolangatta (Post 8026614)
Yes Les, in this new world of the 'new-age man' there's still a place for us blokes. :thumb:

I'm glad someone else noticed that-I was getting worried.

Les :)