ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   UK weather forecasters are cr@p!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/701996-uk-weather-forecasters-are-cr-p.html)

alcazar 23 July 2008 01:29 PM

UK weather forecasters are cr@p!!!

Monday, awoke to bright sunshine, was told it was to be all day.
It clouded over and we had some drizzle.

Tuesday, awoke to bright sunshine, was told it was definitely to be all day.
It clouded over and we saw no more sun all day, until around 8pm.

Today, awoke to bright sunshine, and was told it was definitely THE day for it, and would be best in the east.
It's clouded over, FROM THE EAST, is very humid and we've not seen a deal of sun:(

FFS, these people are USELESS!

Alcazar

FlightMan 23 July 2008 01:32 PM

Agree.

IIRC the Met Office unveiled a snazy ( no not THAT Snazy :thumb: ) weather computer a few months ago. The forecasting since then has been cr@p. :mad:

PeteBrant 23 July 2008 01:33 PM

Come down south - Its a stunning day! :D

warrenm2 23 July 2008 01:35 PM

remeber these are the people who tell us what the temperature will be in 100 years time, but cant even get it right for tomorrow...

Leslie 23 July 2008 01:52 PM

The UK is in an area of rapidly changing air masses and pressure systems. Anyone would find it difficult to forecast our weather that accurately.

Les

FlightMan 23 July 2008 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8024456)
The UK is in an area of rapidly changing air masses and pressure systems. Anyone would find it difficult to forecast our weather that accurately.

Les

Said Les. A Met Office spokesmen. :D

:thumb:

PeteBrant 23 July 2008 01:56 PM

How hard can it be?

Southern areas: Sunny and lots of beautiful girls with exposed midriffs.
Northern areas: Grim

Job done!

:D

coolangatta 23 July 2008 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8024456)

Les

Where I live the weather is equally changeable, maybe more so than UK. The local weather forcast is given 24 hours in advance and, with unnerving accuracy, predicts the weather hour by hour for the following day. :D

GC8 23 July 2008 02:33 PM

If you want to know about the weather: look out of the f*cking window! :)

Klaatu 23 July 2008 03:25 PM

Weather forecasters get it wrong 48% of the time!

sarasquares 23 July 2008 03:50 PM

i am in the south east and for the last two days its been thick cloud but very muggy. its meant to be sunshine all the way this week :wonder:

STi wanna Subaru 23 July 2008 04:14 PM

I find the best way for predicting the weather is to check the BBC site for their forecast.... the weather will be the exact opposite of whatever they say it will be. simple.

PeteBrant 23 July 2008 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 8024712)
i am in the south east and for the last two days its been thick cloud but very muggy. its meant to be sunshine all the way this week :wonder:

Whereabouts? It's blue skies and sunbathing weather on the South Coast :thumb:

sarasquares 23 July 2008 04:35 PM

50 odd miles from southend :D near St. Albans

we have had a few breakthrough sun bursts in the last couple of hours, it must be a lone patch of cloud here :p

its very hot but no sun :cry:

Billgtt 23 July 2008 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 8024799)
I find the best way for predicting the weather is to check the BBC site for their forecast.... the weather will be the exact opposite of whatever they say it will be. simple.

The BBC website is great. I went to check the weather forecast last week and on the 2 day forecast page it said that "today" would be sunny in my area. However, when I checked the 5 day forecast it said that "today" would be heavy rain in my area. The actual weather was cloudy, but dry :lol1:

Leslie 24 July 2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 8024461)
Said Les. A Met Office spokesmen. :D

:thumb:

Well I did have to rely on them a lot, and to be fair they generally got it right most of the time. Quite important in that case.

However I can remember the odd good story!

Les :)

windyboy 24 July 2008 12:50 PM

Laura Whatsherface on Channel5 weather could tell me anything as I wouldn't be concentrating on what she is saying anyway :norty: also Becky Mantin isn't bad either :norty:

windyboy

GC8WRX 24 July 2008 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 8024462)
How hard can it be?

Southern areas: Sunny and lots of beautiful girls with exposed midriffs.
Northern areas: Grim

Job done!

:D

Southern areas, full of idiots with overpriced houses, who dont mind paying a fiver for a glass of coke, and girls who think they are megan fox!

Northern areas, sunny today, full of cheer cos everyones pulled a sickie and its a fiver for two stellas, and full of girls who think they are megan fox, but have lower standards, so put out more!:lol1:

SJ_Skyline 24 July 2008 01:12 PM

I blame Gordon Brown ;)

corradoboy 24 July 2008 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by windyboy (Post 8026241)
Laura Whatsherface on Channel5 weather could tell me anything as I wouldn't be concentrating on what she is saying anyway :norty: also Becky Mantin isn't bad either :norty:

windyboy

Both nice, up here we've got Lisa Gallagher and Keeley Donovan on Look North too :luvlove:

There's always been a certain something about weather girls, except Wincy Willis :nono: Kids TV presenters are hot too :norty:

BOT, I usually find uk.weather.com to be pretty accurate :thumb:

Eddie1980 24 July 2008 02:24 PM

As someone with a Kit Car and a Jetski I visit the weather sites daily at this time of year to keep an eye on the weather to come especially the weekends.

One thing I can say is that they are utterly horribly bad at being even half right. The forecast for 3 days ahead often changes 3/4 times before the day actually arrives. Its not a forecast, its a running joke, its even been suggested that met office HQ has 3 fields of cows separated so they cannot see each other and they just take the majority verdict. I can say its bloody annoying, recently its been so bad I have actually stopped looking at it.

Only last weekend it was forecast to rain all weekend, then 1am Saturday morning we had a big thunder storm (was not forecast) and then it was sunny all weekend...

Useless absolutely useless.

Pink Bunny 24 July 2008 02:29 PM

If i want to know the weather forecast i'll ask my mum or my nan, they both seem to know what the weather is going to be like, can be overcast and horrid but mum will put the washing on the line before work and sure enough the sun will shine and it will be a glorious day! :D Or it could just be the south coast weather is always lovely ;)

Paul3446 24 July 2008 03:16 PM

What gets me is when they say, there's a 10% chance of rain!

So if it rains, they were right, and if it doesn't, they were stil right! :wonder:

lordretsudo 24 July 2008 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 8024799)

LOL! I'm glad someone else has noticed this. Their forecast is truly as good as useless. I find the most reliable forecast when deciding whether to get the Scoob out of the garage or take the Punto to be the local one via teletext :norty:

Klaatu 24 July 2008 05:19 PM

Yeah, a bit like the 1987 storms. Woke up to find roof tiles gone, and other people's knickers in the backyard! I reacall "weathermen" cought out a little on the hop with that one.

Seven oaks becoming one!