ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   2008 Motor show (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/701889-2008-motor-show.html)

WR1JLD 22 July 2008 09:48 PM

2008 Motor show

I am off to the motor show on Saturday for the first time:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Anyone else going??

Anyone got any tips on getting the most out of the day?

I cant wait:luvlove: :luxhello: :luvlove:

Julian

SqeekyMclean 22 July 2008 09:52 PM

Going next week

Getting the most out of the day? ermm... yeah im off to StringFellows after, while im in London :D

WR1JLD 22 July 2008 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by SqeekyMclean (Post 8023026)
yeah im off to StringFellows after, while im in London :D

Good idea:thumb:

SqeekyMclean 22 July 2008 11:36 PM

http://www.stringfellows.co.uk/clubs/media/map_cov.gif

WR1JLD 23 July 2008 07:03 AM

cheers mate:norty: :norty: :thumb:

scarey 23 July 2008 07:32 AM

just to warn you, was up at an exhibition at the excel centre last december and they were charging 8 quid an hour to park!! :eek2:

richardg 23 July 2008 09:40 AM

went a couple of years ago, having left work at about 3pm and driven there (30mins). saw what i wanted to see, and a few things i didn't (including simon cowell - he is shockingly small!!) and left about 6pm ish. i have tickets for this year, but due to other commitments, not sure if i'm going to make it now

Mark'sWRX 23 July 2008 05:49 PM

Had a little nose around yesterday. There are Honda and LandRover experiences outside, which will be worth a look. In the foyer (not the hall) are the 3 TopGear homemade cop cars on their stand.

Obviously, all Scoob owners will love 'The Really Quiet Car Co' electric car stand (not!)

The new Vauxhall Insignia is there and a smart concept LandRover LRX.

Most of the cars were covered up, so not sure what else new there is.

Darc174 23 July 2008 05:57 PM

im off up there on sat :)

harry007 23 July 2008 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by scarey (Post 8023670)
just to warn you, was up at an exhibition at the excel centre last december and they were charging 8 quid an hour to park!! :eek2:

Please tell me thats not true? otherwise I aint going lol

Darc174 23 July 2008 06:33 PM

it sure is i went to a "TRADE" show last month £10 for three hours :cry:

Looie 23 July 2008 11:48 PM

Use the DLR - goes right to the door.......... Park at a DLR station for a lot less than £8-£10 an hour!

WR1JLD 24 July 2008 12:19 AM

No way!!!

Thats Raw:cuckoo:

I am also looking forward to the Sunseeker luxury boat area, for when i win the lottery:norty:

subaruturbo_18 24 July 2008 10:20 AM

try the westfield drift experience. i went yesturday. was very good :luxhello:

also i had a sit in the new impreza, wasnt bad but also sat in a blob eye which was there (be warned its decked out with ice).

also you can have a seat in the nissan GTR, very nice car.

PantsUK 24 July 2008 11:40 AM

GOING Tomorrow .....

ammmmm very excited .... Went in 06 last and it was ok not as good as the NEC imho so I'm gonna give it another go and see. Can't wait to pay £6 for a sandwich or whatever it'll be this year!

subaruturbo_18 24 July 2008 03:17 PM

£5.50 for a 6oz cheese burger :D

SqeekyMclean 24 July 2008 05:20 PM

Buggers all round then...

bootsy 24 July 2008 09:10 PM

anyone know what the parking price is.and the best place to park

HankScorpio 24 July 2008 10:49 PM

I was £10 for the day in the purple car park under the building, not sure if that's available there for the duration. Th website has diagrams of parking.

Good to hear the drift thing is good, we went for the mazda zoom zoom but it was pish.

Me and my mate thought it was brilliant and he actually went back tonight.

Two things I thought could be improved on - less green/eco stuff and the aftermarket stands weren't as good as last time. The cars on display are great though.

Take time to check out the GTR (and cutouts) and the focus (if that's your thing), the Alfas look good, nice to see the fiestas (3 door looks real nice) and the thing that surprised me the most is how the new insignia looks inside and out. The hatchback is very lovely and the Ford people must be worried about their position.

Second most surprising was the Hyundai range - some interesting things on there and certainly miles better than the c'eed I had as a hire car. Nice ladies too, very friendly.

nunoamorim133 25 July 2008 08:59 AM

Ill be going on Saturday aswell (tomorrow).
We could arrange a "mini meet" near canning town (1-2 stops away on the DLR) and go from there......plenty of free parking there.

Ill am going alone...so a bit of company would be nice.....

Forgot to mention I have a spare ticket.

subaruturbo_18 25 July 2008 12:14 PM

if any of you are interested, W112BHG was there aswell, thats the ultimate TVR, the cerbera speed 12. one of my all time favourites :D very nice car. onl dissapointment throughout the hole day was my phone went wrong and i lost well over half my pics, but i still have one of the new impreza, and one of the boxer diesel logo :D:luxhello:

WR1JLD 25 July 2008 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by nunoamorim133 (Post 8028322)
Ill be going on Saturday aswell (tomorrow).
We could arrange a "mini meet" near canning town (1-2 stops away on the DLR) and go from there......plenty of free parking there.

Ill am going alone...so a bit of company would be nice.....

Forgot to mention I have a spare ticket.

Hi mate i will be arriving via mini bus outside the entrance, thanks for the invite though. Hope you have a good day:thumb:

D.O.M 26 July 2008 03:40 AM

Going on tuesday and can't wait to finally see the new STI in the flesh.

D.O.M 26 July 2008 03:41 AM

Which ones this? Is it the carpark next to the Novotel hotel? As I was planning to park there... might have to DLR it instead now... unless someone can suggest a cheaper alternative