ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Where to download TV programs... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/701854-where-to-download-tv-programs.html)

Snazy 22 July 2008 07:51 PM

Where to download TV programs...

OK, so some advice please.
A friend is quite ill in hospital, been in about 8 weeks now, and prob gonna be in for that again at least....

So to lighten his spirits I thought I would take him some recent TV to watch. He is on the net now as I bought him a contract 3G dongle thingy, so he has "something" to do.

So where can I download to save to disc and take things like Top Gear in for him to watch?

Before it suggested, there is no TV or Patientline on this ward, due to issues at the hospital.

Jaybird-UK 22 July 2008 07:53 PM

BBC iplayer!

BBC iPlayer - Home

you can download offline versions if you install the software

Snazy 22 July 2008 08:05 PM

Cheers mate, just doing that now, along with some other versions. Try everything. Nothing ventured nothing gained :)
Now to find something to write it all too lol

boxst 22 July 2008 08:15 PM

Iplayer wont work as I believe it is copy protected to the comptuer you download the program onto.

You can download TV programs from Mininova : The ultimate BitTorrent source! (which doesn't require registration) or Home - UKNova or TvTorrents.COM - .

Steve

Snazy 22 July 2008 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by boxst (Post 8022721)
Iplayer wont work as I believe it is copy protected to the comptuer you download the program onto.

You can download TV programs from Mininova : The ultimate BitTorrent source! (which doesn't require registration) or Home - UKNova or TvTorrents.COM - .

Steve

:thumb: On it as we speak, and getting all the juicy things that will put a grin on the lil fella's face :)

Hope it lifts his spirits and aids his recovery :D

Cheers mate

ScoobyWon't 22 July 2008 08:33 PM

You can get films off Movie6.net - I watched The Dark Knight yesterday, had to watch it again today as I nodded off during the first viewing.

hux309 22 July 2008 08:50 PM

Nod32 refused access to movie6 as it contains potentially harmful content. :Suspiciou

ScoobyWon't 22 July 2008 08:53 PM

Can't say it's ever caused me any problems. :wonder:

DJ_Jon 22 July 2008 09:09 PM

eztv.it

AshMurc 22 July 2008 09:16 PM

what are theses torrent sights like for viruses...?? Used to be loads on them when my mate used them....depends what you are downloading?? ;)

boxst 22 July 2008 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by AshMurc (Post 8022903)
what are theses torrent sights like for viruses...?? Used to be loads on them when my mate used them....depends what you are downloading?? ;)

Some of the better sites are 'private' so generally there are no viruses. If you download TV programs and/or movies they are AVI files (or if they are not you shoul dbe worried) so not really any viruses either.

I wouldn't download applications from open sites like piratebay or mininova.

Steve