ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Roof Bars for 2 door? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/701742-roof-bars-for-2-door.html)

peccy 22 July 2008 11:05 AM

Roof Bars for 2 door?

is there any roof rack kits available for a 2 door (Type R, P1)

need one to carry my mountain bike.

alcazar 22 July 2008 11:32 AM

AFAIK, the Subaru roof bars will still fit, since they locate into brackets hidden under the plastic roof strips.

Once fitted, I reckon you could just about lift the car with them;)

Alcazar

Fat Boy 22 July 2008 03:59 PM

Yes there is - I have a set of thule bars for my p1 and a Thule evolution 300 (i think) roof box from when I was telling myself that I could use it as a family car (for going on holidays where the roads are nice rather than giving up and getting a big estate or MPV). At least I could hoon about whenever I'd finally arrived there and taken the box off. Then the second child arrived...along with the MPV. Still have the P1 but never use the rails/box anymore - only used twice in total.

They don't bolt under the roof rail trim, they use the door frame and a connecting bar to the rear cross rail which just sits on the roof with rubber pads. Totally stable at 90+ with an eff off big roof box full of stuff in.

You can buy the bike adapters separately and as I haven't used it for ages I could very easily be encouraged to sell my set...;) I'll see if I can dig out a photo or scan the manual in later tonight.

peccy 23 July 2008 09:09 AM

FAt Boy, yes please send a pic, might be interested, thanks.

Fat Boy 24 July 2008 02:18 PM

Will do Peccy, but ended up having a quick drink after work last night.... in at 2 am :rolleyes: , tonight is the other half's birthday so we're out, and tomorrow we're off to wales for a wedding so it maybe Sunday i'm afraid before I can get any photos of mine, but here's a web address with the same kit on - £132.85 new. The Thule roof box I have is about £180 quid worth new (it's a biggie) and I see from that site that the bike rack additions (that I don't have) are circa 70 quid.

STi_Si 24 July 2008 04:23 PM

Peccy,

If you're interested, I have two standard Thule roof bars with foot packs to fit a classic and two Thule Tour 510 bike carriers for sale in good condition, only been used a couple of times. Lock in place and rock solid whilst in use, highly recommended, no damage to roof on mine..... open to sensible offers, cost over £200 new.

Fat Boy 30 July 2008 02:01 PM

STI Si - a two door classic?...

STi_Si 31 July 2008 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Boy (Post 8038558)
STI Si - a two door classic?...

Not sure, think they'll fit any classic.....

Fat Boy 31 July 2008 04:30 PM

Just asking as the OP wants one to fit a two door ( like my ones :p ;) )

peccy 01 August 2008 11:09 AM

hi guys, sorry been away,

FatBoy whats the link you mention? if you have the pics please send to peccy@peccy.com

STi Si, will let you know ....

Fat Boy 01 August 2008 12:15 PM

Sorry peccy, must have omitted to attach the url

Thule UK - Find a UK Dealer, Check out Thule Products fit your car!

Still haven't done the piccies as the ones i had were on one of my laptops that my niece has kindly taken to China with her :rolleyes: Can take some more tomorrow and will email then.

Fat Boy 01 August 2008 08:56 PM

Roof box is a Thule evolution 100. Too dark for photos now but will do tomorrow - all lockable keys etc for all kit there.