ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Replacement Credit Card Question (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/699118-replacement-credit-card-question.html)

David Lock 09 July 2008 09:21 AM

Replacement Credit Card Question

I have just received a new credit card to replace one that is about to expire. Same number aside from new Expiry Date and Security number on reverse.

Now this is the card that is registered with a number of companies for purchases like Amazon, Paypal, Sky etc.

Do I need to access my "Account" on all these sites and input the new expiry date or is this not required? I don't want to default on any payments.

The bank lady said no I didn't.

TIA, David

Devildog 09 July 2008 09:36 AM

I would, to be sure.

Had payment rejected a couple of times when the old card went past its expiry date.

Simon C 09 July 2008 09:40 AM

Yes you do. If you don't when the suppliers try to auth the card, the software / bank will return a message of "expired card".

HTH

Dracoro 09 July 2008 09:41 AM

the card will have a different number, so yes.

Midlife...... 09 July 2008 09:55 AM

The card will have the same number but the expiry date and 3 digit security code on the reverse will be different.......you will have to update your accounts with the new exp date and security code.

I have recently had this problem with online Tesco shopping and Runescape to name but two LOL

Shaun

Simon C 09 July 2008 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Dracoro (Post 7993383)
the card will have a different number, so yes.

The PAN number (the long 16, 18 or 21 digit number accross the middle) is not always different.

David Lock 09 July 2008 09:58 AM

Thanks guys. The card is the same number apart from new expiry date (and security number on back)

I tend to agree that to be on the safe side I should re-register card details.

Problem is it's a pain in the arse accessing all the various accounts as I don't have a complete record of all my passwords etc :o

So info from bank (Lloyds) was duff then :rolleyes:

d

SwissTony 09 July 2008 09:59 AM

Funnily enough I tried this yesterday for my business debit card for one of our web suppliers. They informed me that my debit card was expiring and so I dutifully logged on and changed the card. The long number had the last 4 digits different as was the expiry, start date and sig code.

Except the start date is next month (when the old card runs out )

Website came back as card was invalid :cuckoo:

Dracoro 09 July 2008 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7993405)
The PAN number (the long 16, 18 or 21 digit number accross the middle) is not always different.

Fair enough, all the replacement cards I ever got had different numbers.

Simon C 09 July 2008 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 7993413)
Funnily enough I tried this yesterday for my business debit card for one of our web suppliers. They informed me that my debit card was expiring and so I dutifully logged on and changed the card. The long number had the last 4 digits different as was the expiry, start date and sig code.

Except the start date is next month (when the old card runs out )

Website came back as card was invalid :cuckoo:

It will do, what you got was a pre valid card decline as the new card has not become active yet (start date is next month).

SwissTony 09 July 2008 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7993440)
It will do, what you got was a pre valid card decline as the new card has not become active yet (start date is next month).

That is what I thought, so I have to endure a month of emails from all my suppliers stating that my business card is running out and will I please do something about it, even though I cant. :rolleyes:

Oh well more fun for me on the 1st August :)

Simon C 09 July 2008 10:25 AM

Fraid so.

You want to see my inbox with emails from customers with the same question.

"we took a card payment and it declined, why" Talk about missing the bleeding obvious.

SwissTony 09 July 2008 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7993456)
Fraid so.

You want to see my inbox with emails from customers with the same question.

"we took a card payment and it declined, why" Talk about missing the bleeding obvious.

:lol1: :lol1:

Simon C 09 July 2008 10:29 AM

Its really starting to pee me off now, and I get it every month..

Wish I could say, use your fcuking eyes and brain if you have 1.