ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   this country is in trouble (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/698724-this-country-is-in-trouble.html)

Luan Pra bang 07 July 2008 12:08 PM

this country is in trouble

BBC NEWS | England | Bristol | 'Gay talks' deadlocks scrub work

NotoriousREV 07 July 2008 12:20 PM

Words fail me.

The Chief 07 July 2008 12:28 PM

FFS:cuckoo:

The Trooper 1815 07 July 2008 12:32 PM

Equality policies

A meeting of the Bristol Downs Committee on Monday was told: "Concerns were expressed by the city council's lesbian, gay and bisexual group that this action was potentially discriminating against gay and bisexual men whose activities on this part of the Downs were objected to by other members of the local community and Downs users."

Does this mean me, my children or members of the public have to watch bum love/beef curtain kissing in public? Can't they go indoors like most normal people? What rights do I have?

Who's rights are being discriminated against here!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

LanCat 07 July 2008 12:35 PM

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

fatherpierre 07 July 2008 12:50 PM

LOL

Crazy

moff1888 07 July 2008 12:56 PM

Sometimes you just couldn't make it up.

StickyMicky 07 July 2008 01:07 PM

honestly, i dont care if i am infracted for this, but some ****er needs to kill all the faggs causing trouble :mad:

it boils my piss that nobody has the balls to stand up to them for fear of getting labelled.

micky = fag hater and proud, just ask the local coppers who told me off for calling them faggots :lol1:

boxst 07 July 2008 01:18 PM

It is illegal to act in a lewd way in public, whether you are gay, hetrosexual or as some case that I quite quite remember having an intimate relationship with a table (a tablist?).

Edit: Here (but in America): Nude man charged with having sex with table | Metro.co.uk

Steve

Leslie 08 July 2008 01:16 PM

Yes it is indeed illegal to take part in sexual activities in a public place and the people are well within their rights to complain about what is happening in the areas above.

It just seems incredible that we have sunk to the situation where the council has to start shifting from foot to foot metaphorically in case they can be accused of offending those who want to continue with their illegal goings on. What on earth do they mean by saying that they will "act with sensitivity"?

They should really be sending in the cops to make arrests for lewd acts in public.

Les

PeteBrant 08 July 2008 01:56 PM

TO be fair, I think it sound slike the local authority are goign to clear but are perhaps being a tad oversensitive to the concerns of the Terrence Higgins trust.

I mean to be honest, I would tell them to Fpxtrot Oscar when they first raised the concern and why.

I mean its no different to saying "Yes, but if you clear that bit of shrubbery, I won't be able to hide from the police when I next rob a bank".

Rightly or wrongly, sex in a public place is illegal, and you cannot consider the right of people that wish to break the law, regardless of sexual orientation, when making planning considerations.

PeteBrant 08 July 2008 01:57 PM

Also, its look slike Avon does have a bit of a track record of somewhat imbecilic behaviour amongst its gay community.

BBC NEWS | England | Bristol | Authority debates homophobia row

mykp 08 July 2008 02:15 PM

when are the "average, re Normal" people going to stand up and say "What about or rights, never mind the rights of every ethnic, racial, sexual, political, whatever group"

Sheesh! Does nobody who works for the council/government have a shred of common sense and/or decency.

Wurzel 08 July 2008 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by mykp (Post 7991779)
Sheesh! Does nobody who works for the council/government have a shred of common sense and/or decency.

Errr Nope !

hutton_d 08 July 2008 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7991739)

Rightly or wrongly, sex in a public place is illegal, and you cannot consider the right of people that wish to break the law, regardless of sexual orientation, when making planning considerations.

That sums it up so is end of discussion! The Bristol authorities should just send in the clearance team.

Dave

PS: we agree again .... !?! :D